Law Firm currently investigating Nvidia for potential Class Action.

lumpkin

Called it.

I remember that. Fun times.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Only the lawfirm is going to win in this.  The judge will settle on a total number, the law firm takes its (massive) cut and then all the people get $5. 

This is pretty much what will happen. The sharks will take up to 80% and the actual owners might get a  $5 Newegg coupon, etc.

That said I love my 970 and I don't plan to get anything else in the foreseeable future and I don't need Nvidia's money, or a Newegg coupon.

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

I wonder where this will go. Nvidia has probably billions to spend on lawyers. I hope they at least have competant judge who understands what a graphics card is.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Nvidia is already helping angry customers with their 970's

A lawsuit is uncalled for.

But 'Murica, the land where people sue over stupid things cuz they can.

Nvidia hasn't helped me out at all, but just held me off. A lawsuit is called for. In "murica" we can sue anyone, but that doesn't mean you will win. We have to right to accuse people of anything, even if it's a lie, or wrong. 

jebus christ.. only in in america... seriously why do they feel the need to sue everyone for everything.. THEYVE SAID YOU CAN HAVE YOUR MONEY BACK.. PROBLEM SOLVED..

seriously why bother with a class action law suit.. "yay let sue a company an make them pay millions but all you'll get is about 50p but its a win either way!!!"

Why must you fit this into hating American, sounds like you have a problem, but let's put that aside for now.  They can say i can have my money back, but where is it? It's not in my bank account, so that's bullshit. We can sue people, but it isn't guaranteed to win, everyone has a fair trial. 

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Was to be expected. nVidia did mislabel their product. Their specs said 4GB at the same specified bandwith of 224 GB/s(peak). These specs are uncorrect, even if they have very little to no effect on performance. That is against the law. Whether and how much compensation people should get is a matter of debate. But I do not believe nVidia should be let to get away with it without a big-ass fine. Break a law, pay a fine. So that next time, they will double-check their marketing.

Damn ambulance chasers.

they are likely just one of those firms fighting for their right to profit off of nvidias mistakes at the expense of the 'wronged' consumer.

Nvidia hasn't helped me out at all, but just held me off. A lawsuit is called for. In "murica" we can sue anyone, but that doesn't mean you will win. We have to right to accuse people of anything, even if it's a lie, or wrong.

Why must you fit this into hating American, sounds like you have a problem, but let's put that aside for now. They can say i can have my money back, but where is it? It's not in my bank account, so that's bullshit. We can sue people, but it isn't guaranteed to win, everyone has a fair trial.

You do realize you are pointing out problems and negative parts of the American system. These aren't virtues and since when have trials ever been fair?

People are overlooking that this happens anyway and with greater severity when a game ends up using shared ram from going beyond the Vram limit. The gtx 780s only have 3 Gb vram which is even less than the 970s main allocation of 3.5 Gb.

Its easy enough to keep your vram usage within your GPUs limits by reducing AA / disabling DSR. If youre running at 1440p+, you dont need as much AA anyway.

What if you game only needs 3.9 Gb, then you`ll have stuttering for no good reason, and it really pains me to see so many fanboys defending Nvidia.

Another thing that EVERYONE forgets, i don`t know why i guess it just slips out of their minds is that SLI 970 should have more tan enough horse power to properly utilize their "4Gb Vram", but guess what? you can't use that extra power because the performance goes to shit.

I do have 2 970s i can`t return them because BS laws in my country and general ignorance of the retailers themselves. I am FORCED to Split these cards, since having them on SLI is a waste of time.

Will wait for the next AMD card and buy one of those instead.

Before anyone uses the fanboy card on me i have:

2 r9 280x

1 gtx 760

1 gtx 780

2 gtx 970

1 hd7970

So yeah. pretty disapointed with the GTX 970. because I have experienced stuttering that a single 280x never had on a 2560x1080p monitor, and donpt you dare tell me its because of my procesor, because the only thing thats changed is the graphics card, same games, same system, same settings, diferent graphics cards (crossfire 280x and SLI gtx970)

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

In other words the parasites get money, and the consumer ends up with jack shit. Typical.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Only one group of people ever make significant money if a class action law suit is won.  The lawyers. Everyone else gets screwed.

Why must you fit this into hating American, sounds like you have a problem, but let's put that aside for now. They can say i can have my money back, but where is it? It's not in my bank account, so that's bullshit. We can sue people, but it isn't guaranteed to win, everyone has a fair trial.

I don't hate Americans.. I'm in a relationship with one!! even she thinks the "let's sue everyone for everything" culture they've adopted is stupid.

class action law suits don't change anything. nvidia are already fully aware the messed up, making them pay 50c to a few million people isn't going to undo the mistake.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Nvidia is already helping angry customers with their 970's

A lawsuit is uncalled for.

But 'Murica, the land where people sue over stupid things cuz they can.

Americans are also the ones who buy the 970s just because "ITS NVIDIAAA" and "ITS MURICAN PRIDE".

Also, stop licking NVIDIA's ass. If a company lies to you about what you buy, than, the government must action. The other retarded NVIDIA fanboys must action too, right?

Fujitsu Celsius 380W: i5 650 @ 3.2 Ghz | FUJITSU D2917-A1 | 4GB RAM 1333Mhz | ASUS GTX 750 TI Strix OC Edition | Fujitsu Case | 380W Fujitsu PSU | 250GB HDD | Windows 7 64 bit | Dell P2214H

Rekty Shrekty 

Well the real problem here is that nvidia used false advertising... Wether or not the card is actually performing really well does not matter in this case.

One completly stupid example:

If you buy something for 3$ and give me 5$ you should get 2$ back, but i will only give you 1,99$.

Soo 1,99 is nearly 2$ so no problem right? Nope in law that would be stealing...

Its just sad that the lawfirm will take most of the money. This will not help anyone except the lawyers...

You're wrong lol. There are people all over the world who prefer Nvidia GPUs, be it due to an AMD stigma or otherwise.

And I'm not a fanboy licking Nvidia's ass. They did fuck up and I'm not denying it. They know pulling tricks and making mistakes does them no good, and they have already taken a toll due to this event.

Suing them won't bring about anything good and they don't need to be sued to know not to fuck up again.

Yes, I know, but mostly americans are all over Nvidia(as apple products).

They didn't. They surely will do it again. Even AMD will do something like that. It's all about the money. Not giving better performances to the customer.

Fujitsu Celsius 380W: i5 650 @ 3.2 Ghz | FUJITSU D2917-A1 | 4GB RAM 1333Mhz | ASUS GTX 750 TI Strix OC Edition | Fujitsu Case | 380W Fujitsu PSU | 250GB HDD | Windows 7 64 bit | Dell P2214H

Rekty Shrekty 

For all ya'lls wondering whether this will hold up in court, just remember that America is the country that successfully sued Red Bull because it didn't actually give you wings. Mislabeling a product, AND THEN relabeling it differently later, is a lost cause. The only question is how much they're going to be reimbursing those people. :lol:

#TeamWhicheverOneIsCheapestOnMyNextPurchase  #PopcornMuncher  #DisGunnaBeGood

You do realize you are pointing out problems and negative parts of the American system. These aren't virtues and since when have trials ever been fair?

Qhat? You don't even live in America. The majority of trials are fair. What are some examples, or experiences you've had?   What are the flaws? 

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Wow you you're quick to paint every American (companies included) the same color aren't you?

Keep up with that mindset and we might live to see WW3.

I'm not American. But I'm not quick to judge an entire country on one thing alone.

Yep. Because mostly that's it.

Who cares though. Everything that's different to America is fine to me.

Rekty Shrekty 

So which is it? False advertising or not?

I keep seeing the benchmark fallacy pop up. Those benchmarks never tested for full utilization of VRAM, they aren't pertinent to the discussion.

False advertisement was only on the ROPs / L2 cache, not on the amount ofg Vram, isnt that obvious?

Linus is my fetish.

For all ya'lls wondering whether this will hold up in court, just remember that America is the country that successfully sued Red Bull because it didn't actually give you wings. Mislabeling a product, AND THEN relabeling it differently later, is a lost cause. The only question is how much they're going to be reimbursing those people. :lol:

#TeamWhicheverOneIsCheapestOnMyNextPurchase #PopcornMuncher #DisGunnaBeGood

didn't a guy also successfully sue McDonalds because they didn't tell him eating it 3 times a day would make him fat!?

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb