Law Firm currently investigating Nvidia for potential Class Action.

lumpkin

Qhat? You don't even live in America. The majority of trails are fair. What are some examples, or experiences you've had?   What are the flaws? 

Really... One, if that is your take away then there really is a problem and its much deeper than I thought. Two, if your that blind to see the inequities of the American justice system that even play out on American national television, daily, then that level of cognitive dissonance is mind boggling. Its fine to be supportive of the justice system, its another thing to be ignorant of it.

have any of you guys ever bought a car??? say i want a ford.. the website claims it does 68mpg .. nobody in the world would ever get that, even if you taped up all the lines, filled th tires with gas lighter than air, ran it on race grade fuel and emptied everything out of it bard the engine and gear box you'd still never get that.. its basically the same story here, things aren't 100% as advertised.

Hard drives for example, you buy a 1tb hard drive, its not 1tb when you plug it in because of the difference between gigabits and gigabytes ect..

also the 970 DOES have 4gb ram and all 4 gb of it is, USABLE ram, its just split into 2 different segments and one being much much much faster than the other.

so they haven't really lied, they haven't miss sold a product, as it clearly has 4gb of ram the benchmarks show it using all 4gb.. so technically its not a lie at all. 

Its miss representation of something yes, but hell if misrepresentation was a thing, every lawyer in the world defending a guilty party would be liable for the same treatment... and then nobody could sue anyone.. wait.. thats a good thing... 

ayy lmao

Have you even read about what the actual problem is?

The problem is that after 3.5gb ram is used the last 512mb will have very low bandwidth which is way lower than advertised.

Fanboi much?

Curing shitposts by shitposts

Really... One, if that is your take away then there really is a problem and its much deeper than I thought. Two, if your that blind to see the inequities of the American justice system that even play out on American national television, daily, then that level of cognitive dissonance is mind boggling. Its fine to be supportive of the justice system, its another thing to be ignorant of it.

You can't even give an example. Inequities? Okay buddy, go watch your biased media elsewhere.  Your lack of evidence in what you say is a pretty easy to see problem is only showing your ignorance. 

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

You can't even give an example. Inequities? Okay buddy, go watch your biased media elsewhere.  Your lack of evidence in what you say is a pretty easy to see problem is only showing your ignorance.

Whatever you want to believe. All media is biased, but all media claims inequities, so I am sure tinfoil is on sale somewhere for you. If you want to live your life with your eyes closed, and blind faith in the justice system then all the power to you. It is also clear that with your attitude that the examples I was about to provide will be ignored and I have no wish to waste further time researching and then providing examples only to derail this thread further to a person that will be ignorant of its merit.

ayy lmao

Have you even read about what the actual problem is?

The problem is that after 3.5gb ram is used the last 512mb will have very low bandwidth which is way lower than advertised.

Fanboi much?

I'm about as far from a fan boy as it can be. I've more amd gpus than I do nvidia ones in my various pcs. I just buy which ever gpu is fastest at my price point. regardless of the brand.

and ANY gpu will slow down its transfer rate the closer you get to maxing out the vram. so technically anyone could claim the bandwidth is lower than advertised on any card.

so yes I'm fully aware of the situation.

my main point is that it still has 4gb ram.. they haven't lied.

the whole lying incident is about its number of Rops advertised not the ram issue.

and like everyone has said, nobody noticed it was an issue till about 4 months after being released. everyone who tested or benchmarks one still said it was better than anything else blah blah blah...

just everyone hopping in the media bandwagon.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

False advertisement was only on the ROPs / L2 cache, not on the amount ofg Vram, isnt that obvious?

The VRAM was not advertised as segmented into 3.5 fast lane and .5 slow lane, yes the VRAM was falsely advertised. It's like buying a car that has "4 wheels" only to find out that the fourth wheel is made out of wood. A horribly anti-consumer response would be "but it still has 4 wheels". Even if you can take off the wooden wheel and use the car just fine without it for the most part it was still advertised as having 4 wheels, the consumer should assume through that statement that the wheels are equally functioning unless told otherwise, which they were not.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

False advertisement anyone? Also really, if you sell a product that isn't up to specs, then you give a FULL refund to anyone who asks, and then get prepared to get rekt by the PC community, and anyone who is angry enough to file a lawsuit. NVIDIA will just have to

Deal with it.

I'm not SAV1OUR. I promise. | Number of successfully bricked phones: 1 Samsung Galaxy S5 | 01001001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100101 01101100 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110010 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101110

Where i also see nvidia getting rekt is that they came out and said that they screwed up. Even ifit only was some guy representing them...

Thats going to be an interesting court case

The max you deserve is getting a refund.

Yep.

Unless you can somehow prove that you sustained additional damages due to lack of adequate product performance.

But, given that the vast, vast majority of users are using it for gaming/entertainment I doubt that very much.

Nvidia could short circuit this tremendous waste of resources simply by offering refunds or reasonable compensation.

When you look at the numbers - be it memory, ROPs, or cache, the card is actually about 12% less than what it was promised to be.  So offer people about 12% of whatever they actually paid, which should be somewhere in the $ 45-55 range.

I'm about as far from a fan boy as it can be. I've more amd gpus than I do nvidia ones in my various pcs. I just buy which ever gpu is fastest at my price point. regardless of the brand.

and ANY gpu will slow down its transfer rate the closer you get to maxing out the vram. so technically anyone could claim the bandwidth is lower than advertised on any card.

so yes I'm fully aware of the situation.

my main point is that it still has 4gb ram.. they haven't lied.

the whole lying incident is about its number of Rops advertised not the ram issue.

and like everyone has said, nobody noticed it was an issue till about 4 months after being released. everyone who tested or benchmarks one still said it was better than anything else blah blah blah...

just everyone hopping in the media bandwagon.

Many people have reported problems when playing games on 1440p and especially on 4k.

And please, please give a source on "any gpu will slow down its transfer rate the colser you get to maxing out the vram", I highly the transfer rate will slow down, and even if it does not it is nowhere near to this where gtx 970 performance drops 30-40% when going over 3.5gb vram.

Nvidiamemory.png

Does not rly look like gtx 980 transferrate would slow down when approaching 4gb

And sure your main point could be that it still has 4gb vram, cool?

But the real point here is that there is huge performance drop and other problems when going over 3.5gb vram.

If you really aren't fanboy why are are you defending nvidia with bs? 

Curing shitposts by shitposts

didn't a guy also successfully sue McDonalds because they didn't tell him eating it 3 times a day would make him fat!?

I wouldn't be surprised, but I can't find it in Google. Just one that says someone lost weight eating McD's 3 times a day for 90 days. :o

While it is junk, technically fat gain/loss is dependent on total calories. How long they're stored or burned depends on the type of food. So with a multivitamin I can see it working somewhat.

Yea eating McDonalds 3 times a day can make you gain or lose weight, depending on how thin / fat you already are.

If you're thin and don't eat much, its going to give you more calories and cause weight gain. If you're already fat and eat more than that, it would cause a calorie deficit and cause weight loss. Off topic but fun info.

Linus is my fetish.

Whatever you want to believe. All media is biased, but all media claims inequities, so I am sure tinfoil is on sale somewhere for you. If you want to live your life with your eyes closed, and blind faith in the justice system then all the power to you. It is also clear that with your attitude that the examples I was about to provide will be ignored and I have no wish to waste further time researching and then providing examples only to derail this thread further to a person that will be ignorant of its merit.

All media is biased, and not all media claims inequities, perhaps your side, but we are talking about all media at this point. Perhaps you should go find your tin foil hat, because it's starting to sound like you have a chest full.  Lol okay, it seems that you're completely ignorant, and just talking out of your ass in hopes of the approval of the community, and to look smart. Try providing an example. 

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!