Law Firm currently investigating Nvidia for potential Class Action.

lumpkin

Oh lord.

So many people crying... Stfu already

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Too bad I got rid of mine...

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

-snip-

Nah, I needed money for school.

However, you have never owned a 970 and therefore are not qualified to talk down to those about the matter. My games ran like shit while at 1440p and using more than 3.5Gb of VRAM.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

This was to be expected but it isn't alarming--I mean the firm is just trying to cash in the recent "scandal". But, I'm interested in seeing what NVIDIA's defense would be if the class-action does go through.

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

Well we all know what AMD would NOT do if a lawsuit was brought against them. I can hear it now... "We will never settle!"

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

As much as I don't want nvidia to be heavily impacted because of this. I'm glad to see action being taken, no company should be able to get away Scott free.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

If you sold your 970 because of this than you're just a moron

Lol, Linus liked this xD

jebus christ.. only in in america... seriously why do they feel the need to sue everyone for everything.. THEYVE SAID YOU CAN HAVE YOUR MONEY BACK.. PROBLEM SOLVED..

seriously why bother with a class action law suit.. "yay let sue a company an make them pay millions but all you'll get is about 50p but its a win either way!!!"

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

jebus christ.. only in in america... seriously why do they feel the need to sue everyone for everything.. THEYVE SAID YOU CAN HAVE YOUR MONEY BACK.. PROBLEM SOLVED..

seriously why bother with a class action law suit.. "yay let sue a company an make them pay millions but all you'll get is about 50p but its a win either way!!!"

I don't agree. Even tho I would like to have a 970 and people over react, this isn't right.

Trying to trick someone even if you don't succeed, shouldn't go without consequences.

So I'll steal your purse then, and if I get caught, I'll give it back to you and call it even.....no way

It's not as simple as that. There are so many people affected by the issue, that I think Nvidia shouldn't just get away with it (which in all honesty they're trying to do atm). Just check Nvidia forums, over 300(!) pages long thread about gtx 970. Also If you could quote or link an article where Nvidia officially states that everyone involved with the issue can have a refund, that'd be great. I was only able to find one guy, PeterS@Nvidia, that later changed his forum statement about personally helping people.

As far as I know, Nvidia redirects all refund claims to the manufacturer (MSI, Gigabyte etc.) and those on the other hand either refuse it (with the EVGA exception I think) or send you back to Nvidia, due to ''not a hardware issue''. So unless your reseller (Amazon, Newegg etc.) can get you a refund, than you're pretty screwed. Of course you can most likely spend another mere 250$ for an upgrade from your gtx 970 to a 980.

Born to game, forced to work.  -_-

If this turns out to be real (link broken?) I would be joining it. We should be getting a free upgrade to 980's over this bullshit.

I bought mine specifically because it said it has 4gb of Vram, not:

"4 Gigabytes of Vram*

*3.5 gigbytes usable"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Nah, I needed money for school.

However, you have never owned a 970 and therefore are not qualified to talk down to those about the matter. My games ran like shit while at 1440p and using more than 3.5Gb of VRAM.

what Nvidia did was dumb but the card runs just fine even at 1440p, i've never had it use more than 3.5GB of Vram on 1440p.  

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

If this turns out to be real (link broken?) I would be joining it. We should be getting a free upgrade to 980's over this bullshit.

I bought mine specifically because it said it has 4gb of Vram, not:

"4 Gigabytes of Vram*

*3.5 gigbytes usable"

The max you deserve is getting a refund.

The max you deserve is getting a refund.

Right, I'm entitled for wanting to be made whole after I bought a product, expecting a certain level of performance, only to find out I've been lied to. A refund would be half way to making me whole, and a refund where shipping is covered by them at that.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

have any of you guys ever bought a car??? say i want a ford.. the website claims it does 68mpg .. nobody in the world would ever get that, even if you taped up all the lines, filled th tires with gas lighter than air, ran it on race grade fuel and emptied everything out of it bard the engine and gear box you'd still never get that.. its basically the same story here, things aren't 100% as advertised.

Hard drives for example, you buy a 1tb hard drive, its not 1tb when you plug it in because of the difference between gigabits and gigabytes ect..

also the 970 DOES have 4gb ram and all 4 gb of it is, USABLE ram, its just split into 2 different segments and one being much much much faster than the other.

so they haven't really lied, they haven't miss sold a product, as it clearly has 4gb of ram the benchmarks show it using all 4gb.. so technically its not a lie at all. 

Its miss representation of something yes, but hell if misrepresentation was a thing, every lawyer in the world defending a guilty party would be liable for the same treatment... and then nobody could sue anyone.. wait.. thats a good thing... 

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Nvidia is already helping angry customers with their 970's

A lawsuit is uncalled for.

But 'Murica, the land where people sue over stupid things cuz they can.

Eh, Nvidia's "help" isn't enough unfortunately. NewEgg absolutely refuses to take back my 970s no matter what I say. :wacko:

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

While i am not happy any of this is happening to Nvidia or the customers i do hope it "shakes up" the tech business vendors into making more honest and realistic product claims.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

if the only thing that comes out of this is that Nvidia is forced to list the actual specs of a card, the consumer will be better off. Saying a card is 224GB/s when the card can never achieve that bandwidth at stock memory clocks is a flat out lie. At its peak, the reference card memory at stock speeds can do 192GB/s, or 28GB/s, depending on which memory partition is in use for a given cycle.

Likely some heads will roll, and the bbb will investigate Nvidia. They may turn up empty handed.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Right, I'm entitled for wanting to be made whole after I bought a product, expecting a certain level of performance, only to find out I've been lied to. A refund would be half way to making me whole, and a refund where shipping is covered by them at that.

Are you 13? That isnt how it works. You get a faulty product you arent entitled to a product almost twice the price. You are entitled to either the product working as advertised or a full refund(yes that includes shipping) any more than that and thats the companies choice.

Yes, send my GTX 970s that cost me £275 each for a refund, and purchase GTX 980s for £550 each to replace them, makes total sense! Not.

Can anyone link to where Nvidia has said that people who bought these can get a refund? I wouldn't currently, but maybe if this is true I can do that when I next upgrade?

Linus is my fetish.