Companies, Brand Loyalty, and Warranty

jaypro

I have a lot of brand loyalty to an extent. I won't buy something from a brand I like if it has terrible reviews or is overpriced, but if it has neither of those and I have multiple options, I'll choose the brand I prefer.

Brands I prefer by component:

Mouse - Logitech
Their engineer explaining how they work on mice just makes me like them. I don't know why. 

Keyboard - None, as of yet.
I've tried Corsair and Monoprice, but both leave things to be desired, for me, for keyboards.

Case - NZXT
Dat sexy Phantom aesthetic. That's all I have to say about it.

PSU - NZXT
Reliable AFAIK, while being relatively cheap, and their bigger ones are white, I love white.

Motherboard - ASRock
I'm prepared for the hate for this one. They are generally cheaper, have a good aesthetic, and work. The brown PCB is ignoreable. In any case with colored lighting or no lighting, you can't see it. At all. Their customer service is kind of bad, but I'm willing to take that hit for saving $20.

RAM - Kingston

They get their NAND modules from Samsung, have a generally awesome aesthetic (specifically the 10 year anniversary heatsinks), and are usually cheaper than most.

SSD - Kingston
Same as above.

HDD - Whoever
Really, I don't care. Seagate or WD, it doesn't matter. I won't buy from anyone else though.

Cables - Monoprice
They always have the best quality/price ratio for anything I buy. Anything. So I go to them for cables as they are usually $1-$5. 

Monitors - ASUS
Simply because I have a PB238Q and it's very nice. I like it.

Fans - Noctua
I can spray paint/plasti-dip them if I need to, and I know how to do so while maintaining nominal balance difference so they stay silent. Plus I boiled one in water at 400F (ish) and it lived. It Fricking Lived. I was sold then.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Mouse - Logitech

Their engineer explaining how they work on mice just makes me like them. I don't know why. 

Ooh, that reminds me, I do like Logitech for their gaming mice. I was pretty happy with my Razer Naga, but I was being a tad OCD and wanted something with customizable LED so I got the G600. Turned out pretty awesome. Can't say I'm a huge fan of their gaming headsets, though. =X

My loyalty is to the Republic.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

I'm a deal hunter and look for the best price to performance ratio or I get the second best of the line. Otherwise I'm using Corsair peripherals, because I got a great deal on the mouse and I love the design of the k70, but I was looking into the g710+ and ducky shine 2/3

I like ASUS Mobos and GPUs, Corsair everything else, and Samsung SSDs, with WD HDDs.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I'm kind of loyal to AMD, due to me being on a budget constantly. Also I equipped my last two graphics cards with Arctic coolers.

Brands I will avoid include Razer in general, Noctua fans and Logitech wireless headsets.

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Not really loyal to anyone except EVGA. I love their products.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Fans - Noctua

I can spray paint/plasti-dip them if I need to, and I know how to do so while maintaining nominal balance difference so they stay silent. Plus I boiled one in water at 400F (ish) and it lived. It Fricking Lived. I was sold then.

LOL what?!? You are aware that liquid water does not exist at 400F, at least not at any pressure that you or I could survive in.

Granted, I do not know what altitude or pressure you were experiencing that day, I can 100% guarantee you that you did not put a Noctua fan in water at 400 degrees F. It may have survived a dunk in boiling water but 400F it was not.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Cooler master will always get considered by me as long as they keep sponsoring polt.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Not really, as long as it's affordable and decent.

I'd get anything from these brands:

Gigabyte, EVGA, Benq, Asus, Steelseries, Corsair, Crucial, Logitech ( sometimes ), Samsung, Western Digital. and so on. they're all just decent in their ways.

GPU = MSI on Nvidia and Sapphire on AMD

SSD = Samsung and Intel

HDD = western digital and seagate (I hate maxtor lol lots of my hdd with that brand died so fast)

ram = G.skill (ripjaws Z) and the Corsair (dominator platinum as once I'm done dressing up my rig gonna add these badboys and put some water cooling on it too).

Fans = Noctua and corsair

case = corsair [got a 900D am loving it] (all), bitfenix (mini itx), silverstone (tj 11).

mobo = MSi and gigabyte

psu = only use seasonic but corsair is decent for recommendation.

Keyboard = Corsair (k95 only) ducky (shine II and shine III)

mouse = Corsair (m65 only) and razer (mamba 2012 and 2013 I have both just collecting dust in my shelf)

mouse pad = corsair ext. and the large edition. I like big stuff.

heat sink air = noctua nh d14 only

gpu water block = the swiftech komodo (looks so fucking sexy) [soon to buy once t hey have this available in the titan black]

cpu block = xspc raystorm (this just caught my attention since it was out) [already got it just waiting to be installed]

pump = laing d5 655 (I have the EK one with the x-top waiting to be installed)

tube = best recommendation of all is the prolima something primochill advance lrt tubes

radiator = XSPC (ex360mm it's just what I got right now going at the bottom of my 900D) and alphacool (soon to order the ut60 480mm)

sound card = asus (only experience is the xonar essence stx) was thinking of upgrading it with a usb to spdif add some dac or whatnot

headphone = Audio technica (ath w5000 i own)

Headset = corsair (corsair vengeance 1300 was ok and my wife is happy with it).

mic = some junk I bought for 80 php (less than 2$)

web cam = some logitech I bought for less than 5 bucks.

speaker = I built one with a 100+100w amplifier using some wood with 2 tweeter etc. base yadayada that never got finished since it got destroyed during the last flood in the philippines.

(I might opt for the one that elric from techoftomorrow have.)

table = Ikea table has always been good to me.

Chips = DORITOS AND CHEETOS

drinks = mountain dew (AND BEERS) and (tequila)

Live your life like a dream.

-MOBO: Asus (started with x58 sabertooth and now own maximus vi hero.)

-Montitor: Asus(litterally had one get soaked when outside by lawn sprinkler, this was 2 years ago, still use it today. Told myself after that, "I will never buy another monitor brand".)

-GPU: EVGA (started with a GTX 580 SC and now have a GTX 780 Classified. Had to RMA the 580 due to my own fault. Great experience with replacement, no issues, great product and performance.)

-CPU: Intel (have had two DOA AMD's and the one that my wife uses still unperformed same priced Intel's..) 

-Ram: G.Skill (its cheaper and i like the way it looks and have never had any problems with it.)

Then for the rest I usually just try and find a combo deal with those components. I will say I got a corsair PSU with a combo for my gtx780 and man, I am really liking it. So honorable mention would go to corsair and there PSU's I might be loyal to them in the future. 

CPU: Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz , GPU: EVGA GTX 780 CLassified @ 1350/7000 MHz, Mobo: Asus Maximus VI Hero, Ram: G. Skill X Series @ 1866, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair HX850, Case: NZXT Phantom(White).

Boiling water can't go over 212F unless you have access to some special equipment that allows you to get water to 400F

I tend to stick to Gigabyte, the only GPU that i bought that isn't Gigabyte is my Sapphire Radeon 7850; they had now windforce cards in stock...

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

i guess i tend to go with Logitech mice since i don't think i have owned a non Logitech in over 10 years other then that i don't really care about brands. However i do tend to buy more from brands i know of and trust then ones that i have never heard of.

HDD - WD 

SSD - Samsung

RAM - Kingston/Adata

Cases - Fractal Design

PSU - Corsair (Looooooove the RM series)

Fans - Noctua or Fractal

i'm a potato

I like Logitech for mice.

Intel for CPUs.

WD for hard drives. 

For other components, it doesn't really matter much. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I base my loyalties on past experiences with their brand

Corsair - PSUs

Noctua - fans and heatsinks

G.skill and Crucial - Ram

ASrock- motherboards (everyone seems to hate them, meanwhile I can give them nothing but praise)

I used to prefer WD hard drives, but lately their QC has been terrible. Now I stick to Samsung SSDs.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

MSI and Gigabyte for GPUs, AMD for processors and GPU types (yes im a fanboy and wont ever buy nvidia as of now, but I will suggest it if it really is the best choice), Corsair and CM for peripherals, Asus and Dell for monitors 

Logitech for peripherals due to the software ecosystem. That's about it.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

for me, as long as it isn't branded by a big celebrity, i.e Beats, and as long as its not Apple.

Nothing to see here, move along

I'm not exactly loyal to any brand. I buy what I find nice and relatively decent for the price. I've only chosen EVGA for their B-Stock. I've only chosen a Corsair case for the Aesthetics. I've only chosen a Deathadder mouse because I was given a recommendation. I only have G.Skill RAM because it was on sale. I've bought an MSI GPU and had no reason to hate it. I bought a Sapphire GPU and also had no reason to hate it. I've bought both Nvidia and AMD, buying only what fit for my price and build. I have no preference of AMD or Intel, only price brackets and total performance.

I buy a little of everything, with no favoritism.

I do, however, have several brands I would never buy from again.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.