Battlefield Hardline system requirements.

Thebman712

Gpu : r9 290/gtx 760. So r9 290 = gtx 760? Seems legit xD

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Aussies

7:30pm tonight (Dependent of timezone)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Not fully optimized? What OP? Srsly? It's Frostbite 3, on a PC based game that consoles are a port from.

This game surely does look like it is graphically bigger than BF4 from Beta impressions but the thing is, don't call it unoptimized until you haven't tried it.

Beta is excellent, maps are good, weapons are balanced.. CTE has done its job GOOOD!

@FakezZ - Yes, frostbite is build mostly for(more optimized) AMD. But also for NVIDIA..

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

All I saw was a 64bit os as minimum 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

290 or 760 O.o

Either its optimised better for Nvidia or its a BS or someone has lost track with Nvidia/AMD gpus.

It's probably a typo.

Since they mentioned 3Gb they probably meant a 780.

I saw the recommended specs first and thought they were the minimum. I thought EA was starting to pull a Ubisoft. God dammit.

But they didn't. Ubishaft is still Ubishaft and EA is the former drunk going to AA meetings to try get better.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

And?

People had 10 years to go 64bit if they're to stubborn to upgrade then they shouldn't game on PC in the first place.

RTX2070OC 

Levelcap also stated that it's pretty flawless compared to BF4's launch state...

When he went to the events, no errors or issues that BF4 users are used to...

So thats great news.

But we'll see tonight won't be...

After tonight, less speculation, thank god!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

As always, the recommended is a bit inflated.

290 vs a 760 doesn't even make sense lol.

I wish there was some sort of third party that came up with min/recommended requirements.  I suppose Geforce Experience/AMD Gaming Evolved sort of do that in a roundabout way.

Levelcap also stated that it's pretty flawless compared to BF4's launch state...

When he went to the events, no errors or issues that BF4 users are used to...

So thats great news.

But we'll see tonight won't be...

After tonight, less speculation, thank god!

I'm one of the few who had pretty much zero issues with BF4 since launch.

I don't play it much though... but other than the hit detection and bug here and there it worked great at release for me.  No crashes or anything nasty.

It's weird how the game could be completely broken for so many people and work perfectly for me, but I guess I got lucky.

Even windows XP had a 64 bit version.  Is there even a reason to install 32bit anymore?

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

GRAPHICS CARD: AMD Radeon R9 290, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

why class the 290 with a 760

shouldnt it be 280x or 760 ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I think some 760s have 3GB

No 3GB models, only 2GB and 4GB. The OEM one does have 1.5GB or 3GB, but come on, you have to get a shitty prebuilt.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

And?

People had 10 years to go 64bit if they're to stubborn to upgrade then they shouldn't game on PC in the first place.

Its the first game as far as I know to only have 64bit supp. W10 has a 32bit option still.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Its the first game as far as I know to only have 64bit supp. W10 has a 32bit option still.

Wolfenstein The New Order and Watchdogs are 64bit only.

Interestingly Valve has made steamOS also 64 bit only. So a lot of devs on Linux will target that platform and be 64 bit only for Linux. Nobody really seemed to protest...

It's not the first game to ditch 32bit support and some games have even DX11 minimum like Crysis 3.

RTX2070OC 

I have 2 4GB 680's, so I should be fine as far as VRAM goes.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Origin says tomorrow at 4am

oh. guess ill be checking it out tom afternoon then lol

I get to play in 1 hour and 10 minutes =/ 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Wtf, 290 or 760? 290 is on par with 780 what are they thinking?

probably typo, since they mentioned 3Gb they probably meant 780

Not fully optimized? What OP? Srsly? It's Frostbite 3, on a PC based game that consoles are a port from.

This game surely does look like it is graphically bigger than BF4 from Beta impressions but the thing is, don't call it unoptimized until you haven't tried it.

Beta is excellent, maps are good, weapons are balanced.. CTE has done its job GOOOD!

@FakezZ - Yes, frostbite is build mostly for(more optimized) AMD. But also for NVIDIA..

Yeah but no matter the optimization a gtx 760 will never perform even close to a r9 290...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Same pretty much applies http://forum.symthic.com/battlefield-4-general-discussion/5688-graphics-settings-and-how-they-affect-fps/

Running at 4k 80% resolution scale (so 80% of 4k) 

Texture Quality - Ultra

Texture Filtering - Ultra

Lighting - Low

Effects - Low

Post Process - Low

Mesh - Ultra

Terrain - Medium

Terrain Decoration - low

AA Def - off

AA Post - Medium

Ambient Occlusion - Off

Not going below 45 fps most of the time, generally around 55 with an R9 270 + 3570k. These settings look MUCH better than 1080p ultra/1440p medium at about the same framerate. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

This makes 0 sense. 

Going off even battlefield 3 when mantle wasnt a thing

59468.png

....the 290 competes with the 780 like you'd expect not a damn 760 two tiers down. 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

65-95fps 1080p, high settings on my gtx 760 (stock clock) on the "desert map" (don't know exact name).

I use same settings on BF4.

I played beta for couple of hours and graphically find the game worse than BF4.

Some people play it on dual cores so its surely easy to run.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

1080p, 90FOV, 110% res scale (so thats 1080p + 10%), Ultra everything, no AA, no AO, high post

getting mid 30''s to low 40's. Radeon HD 6950 unlocked to a 6970

very surprised at how well it runs. but it doesnt look too much better than BF4

60 fps is more desirable but i prefer pretty...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1