WHO CARES IF YOU ARE GETTING SPIED ON!

ccaian

If it protects me and stops illegal things i'm fine with it. I have nothing to hide so why should I be bothered.

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

Aaron Swartz wasn't an international criminal and didn't do anything horribly wrong.

He just download a metric ton of academic articles.

Because... ya know... being an active learner and member of society is actually bad.

^ Perfect example of a government having a personal vendetta against one of it's own citizens it swore to protect.

Well if that were to happen I would probably be a wanted international criminal and had done something horribly wrong to have people storming my door. And if thats the case than the government has been doing their job. Good job government.

What if they wanted to frame you? Who's to say the person responsible for your arrest is not corrupt and just wanted a fall guy. What if they just wanted to pin the blame on a person so that the illegality of whatever that official was doing was hidden?

Aaron Swartz wasn't an international criminal and didn't do anything horribly wrong.

Because... ya know... being an active learner and member of society is actually bad.

Exactly! Good example.

I agree thats complete bullshit. Spying is not wrong, its what the government consider a crime is wrong. But thats a completely different topic.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

I agree thats complete bullshit. Spying is not wrong, its what the government consider a crime is wrong. But thats a completely different topic.

But that's the thing, as long as we know they do that with crime and consider stupid stuff like that crimes, we can't trust them with spying. They will abuse it. They always abuse power. It's what they do.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

What if they wanted to frame you? Who's to say the person responsible for your arrest is not corrupt and just wanted a fall guy. What if they just wanted to pin the blame on a person so that the illegality of whatever that official was doing was hidden?

Exactly! Good example.

Don't think too much, you're just a guy on your computer. You're not the kind of person the government is looking for so chill. You and 99% of the world should just stop overreacting about the spying controversy, like it will affect you.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Don't think too much, you're just a guy on your computer. You're not the kind of person the government is looking for so chill. You and 99% of the world should just stop overreacting about the spying controversy, like it will affect you.

Ok look, it might or might not affect me but it is ethically wrong and morally wrong. If you are so sure that me or you are the people who the government is not looking for, why spy at all on people like us? It was a massive network where a lot of people's details were being monitored. If they know that we are not going to hurt anyone in anyway why spy on us in the first place? What's the point? It's just too much power for just a few people to handle.

Joseph McCarthy,  is that you?  

That's essentially the perfect counter argument to "If you have nothing to hide, you shouldn't be worried."

"If you know I have nothing to hide, why are you spying on me?"

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

That's essentially the perfect counter argument to "If you have nothing to hide, you shouldn't be worried."

"If you know I have nothing to hide, why are you spying on me?"

Exactly man. I agree with you.

Xbox fanboy maybe?

Jokes aside, people aren't pissed off because of thinking that government can spy on them, they (we) don't have anything to hide, but they have NO right to do this.

i don't live in America so what gives them the right to monitor what i Do? how am i meant to feel free and safe with a tyrannical military industrialist nation watching over my shoulder saying what they perceive to be right or wrong.the Internet is a safe haven from all the bullshit governments do, not a place designed to look safe so that every detail i give out judged by a foreign government.

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

Well if that were to happen I would probably be a wanted international criminal and had done something horribly wrong to have people storming my door. And if thats the case than the government has been doing their job. Good job government.

Really? You would be happy to have the government kick down your door when the entire country becomes corrupt? Your an idiot.

Seriously, people bitching about the NSA or the kinect. You upload your ugly face to twitter, or instagram or facebook or whatever people use nowadays. You are fine with that. But you are not okay with having a camera that is on pointing at you? Not even sharing it to anyone, just pointed at you. Nobody wants to see your fatass play games or watch TV seriously.  And you can't stand your government listening in on you? There are millions of you, they don't literally listen in to what you are saying 24/7. They don't care what game you play or what drugs you take, they just listen in for keywords.

Sorry for that small rant, it just pisses me off about this "privacy" issue thats been blowing up lately. Also that snowden guy, he should DEFINETELY be arrested. Leaking out top secret information about the government? How is that not a crime? 

You sir, are an idiot. The reasons you should care, bank accounts, credit cards, transactions, personal messages, having your passwords to everything, your social security #. One day some dirty bastard at the NSA can walk in and decide to ruin your life in a few minutes because he has access to everything that you have done online, I don't even trust other people with $5 or driving vehicle, how can you trust someone that access to EVERYTHING. Basically you have to trust the government not to f&%$ up and that’s impossible since that’s all a government does. Snowden is a hero for standing up and notifying us that the US government is violating your humanity. Nothing good will ever come from this. 

You don’t know what they are recording, you don’t know what they have access to, you don’t know what else they are secretly doing behind your back, and privacy is one thing most people think they have, in reality privacy is nonexistent unless you go out of your way to attain it. It's not the data that's the problem. It's the people who have access to it. Governments are corrupt

Insert famous quotes about governments being corrupt:

"Give government the weapons to fight your enemy and it will use them against you."

"The more prohibitions there are, the poorer the people will be. The more laws are promulgated, the more thieves and bandits there will be."

“Politics, n:  [Poly "many" + tics "blood-sucking parasites"].

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.”

"An honest man can never be bought.  That’s why there are so few in politics."

The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws.

"When we give government the power to make medical decisions for us, we, in essence, accept that the state owns our bodies."

"What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people.  It's not good at much else."

"It's important to realize that whenever you give power to politicians or bureaucrats, it will be used for what they want, not for what you want."

“Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable are arbitrary, cruel, grasping, and unintelligent.

This is all to catch “terrorists”, that term is so loosely defined after the Patriot Act (which if you ask me is one of George Bush’s biggest f$&@ up of all time), technically anyone with computer knowledge or anyone that owns a gun or aspires to do either is a terrorist. It’s so loosely defined that I just straight up call myself a terrorist these days.

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

@ccaian (and others)

The ideal situation of the whole spying issue is right.

The thing is if it was right why did the government feel they needed to go through Chinese computers to gain access to these supposed legit taps? If it was legit, the government would of just knocked on company X's door submitted a warrant or just tapped their internet and gotten the information. Would be much easier don't you think? No, instead they hack Chinese computers and then attack USA based systems to get the supposed information that they had the right to in the first place.

The reason this is blowing up is not that they are spying on us but the way it was done, need to read the fine print on those stories.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Refuses to trust its citizens? So we should remove all security cameras from shops since we trust the citizens not to shoplift. Or remove security checkups from airplanes. This is all necessary to keep us safe you know, monitoring us and shit? Its to prevent bad things from happening. You are completely free by the way. You don't have to get a job go to school or live a normal life, you have the freedom to migrate to a desert location and just live there free from rules. You would probably starve to death and be completely bored though. Unless you have your own satellite to access internet, which you have to pay for.

You seem to have you concept wrong, maybe i wasnt as clear as i should have been, in your example it would be along the lines of shoplifters haveing cameras because the day manager is affraid the owner was going to steal from the stores. its only thing for private compaines not to trust consumers, but the government was created by citizens. like a store is created by an owner and he gets someone to help mange it.

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

You seem to have you concept wrong, maybe i wasnt as clear as i should have been, in your example it would be along the lines of shoplifters haveing cameras because the day manager is affraid the owner was going to steal from the stores. its only thing for private compaines not to trust consumers, but the government was created by citizens. like a store is created by an owner and he gets someone to help mange it

The government was created by its citizens, but that doesn't mean he should trust us. You think in the millions of us there isn't a sociopath or some kind of terrorist? Whats wrong with a little surveillance ? Don't you like feeling safe? We live in a large community. We have the government and legislation or whatever to ensure peace and harmony in that community. Thats what spying is for, to look out for any bad seeds in our country. If you don't like it, you can don't live in a world filled with potentially dangerous strangers and just isolate yourself in some island somewhere in an ocean. 

You need to shut up seriously. It is about your freaking rights. Might as well give them all up right? Who cares right? Governments should NOT be allowed to spy on their citizen. By accepting them spying on you, you're basically opening up doors for more abuse.

You need to tell them that enough is enough so they stop abusing their position. People like you are pathetic scum. Weakling.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Damn it feels good to be Australian. You just have to go and f*ck up everyone else's sh*t, don't you America? You're not the world police, you're just a big baby who thinks they own the sand pit. Fun fact: Christianity has done FAR more damage and killed far more people in the US than Muslim terrorists. You guys suck.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

A lot of you are missing the point, It's the fact that they covered it up, and now that someone has shown them to be the lying gob-shites they are, they are trying to bang him up on a bullshit treason charge....

The American government has no right doing what they are doing and they know it..

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

You need to shut up seriously. It is about your freaking rights. Might as well give them all up right? Who cares right? Governments should NOT be allowed to spy on their citizen. By accepting them spying on you, you're basically opening up doors for more abuse.

You need to tell them that enough is enough so they stop abusing their position. People like you are pathetic scum. Weakling.

Awww they broke your rights huh? Don't be a baby and move somewhere else if you don't like it. I am a weakling for not making a big deal out of something that doesn't even affect us? Shut up loser. Its your freaking government, why do you give a shit if they "spy" on you? What are they gonna do with your information? If you want to live in america then you'll have to give up some "privacy" in order to let your government maintain peace and security. Its called survelience, they need to know whats going on with his own citizens. You seem like the type of illuminati idiot who believes all kinds of conspiracy crap online, just enjoy your freedom and do whatever with your life. Don't stress yourself out by thinking the government is "spying on you" ( more like archiving metadata) and just live your life normally. Its not like he will bust down your door for downloading some songs or movies.

Awww they broke your rights huh? Don't be a baby and move somewhere else if you don't like it. I am a weakling for not making a big deal out of something that doesn't even affect us? Shut up loser. Its your freaking government, why do you give a shit if they "spy" on you? What are they gonna do with your information? If you want to live in america then you'll have to give up some "privacy" in order to let your government maintain peace and security. Its called survelience, they need to know whats going on with his own citizens. You seem like the type of illuminati idiot who believes all kinds of conspiracy crap online, just enjoy your freedom and do whatever with your life. Don't stress yourself out by thinking the government is "spying on you" ( more like archiving metadata) and just live your life normally. Its not like he will bust down your door for downloading some songs or movies.

Oh would I have loved to have this conversation with you in real life. Weakling. I live in Sweden by the way, you seem to be illiterate as well.

May I ask you a question? Are you a redneck? And I don't give a shit if they spy on me, it is about whats right and wrong. You must have a very low IQ.

1256675818J986Nc.jpg

Sheep, bäää for me please, bäää.

You seem like a person holding back society, someone who should be put away for good.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

The government was created by its citizens, but that doesn't mean he should trust us. You think in the millions of us there isn't a sociopath or some kind of terrorist? Whats wrong with a little surveillance ? Don't you like feeling safe? We live in a large community. We have the government and legislation or whatever to ensure peace and harmony in that community. Thats what spying is for, to look out for any bad seeds in our country. If you don't like it, you can don't live in a world filled with potentially dangerous strangers and just isolate yourself in some island somewhere in an ocean. 

See and this is where the ideas collide, because i dont like having everything I do online and all my banking/phone calls/ records collected by someone else into one massive data center for the sole purpose of a powerful organization (eg. our government) looking through it all to see if im up to no good even if they have no reason to suspect me. And for what, so were safe? ah but we are not safe, this spying has been going on since the begining of the internet. And yes they clain it stopped a subwya bombing here and maybe a murder there. But look at the big picture, 9/11, boston bombings, school shootings; basically the largest mass criminal act of violence in our current century and does paying government worker to comb through all my personal information stop these things? no, and the answer will always be no. they cant, so why do i have to give up my privacy so they can say they are trying to keep us safe when they really have no control of my next door neighboor waking into my house and stabbing me to death.

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

Guys, cut it with the insults and name-calling. This is an important topic to discuss, and if you continue acting as you have been the moderators / admins will have no choice but to close it. Some civility, please.

Anyway, on to my thoughts.

The American government need to clean up their act. They do not have the right to invade someone's privacy, and the moment they do is the moment the USA becomes a dictatorship. Acquiring information is pointless unless you plan on using it at some point, after all.

If I hacked your computer and recorded everything you did on it, I would face very steep criminal charges. It would not matter if I accessed those records or not - I illegally recorded your activity without your permission, and in the eyes of the law (and indeed the constitution) that is entirely unacceptable. So why should the government be allowed to do the exact same thing?

Everyone has the right to privacy. Those rights should not be taken away on the basis that your government believes there's a miniscule possibility you might just possibly be a terrorist.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff