WHO CARES IF YOU ARE GETTING SPIED ON!

ccaian

Seriously, people bitching about the NSA or the kinect. You upload your ugly face to twitter, or instagram or facebook or whatever people use nowadays. You are fine with that. But you are not okay with having a camera that is on pointing at you? Not even sharing it to anyone, just pointed at you. Nobody wants to see your fatass play games or watch TV seriously.  And you can't stand your government listening in on you? There are millions of you, they don't literally listen in to what you are saying 24/7. They don't care what game you play or what drugs you take, they just listen in for keywords.

Sorry for that small rant, it just pisses me off about this "privacy" issue thats been blowing up lately. Also that snowden guy, he should DEFINETELY be arrested. Leaking out top secret information about the government? How is that not a crime? 

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

When you upload your photos to Twitter, Facebook, etc, you are not being "spied on" They're just photos. Being spied on means being watched. Every move you make...Everything you do...recorded. This rant was rather illogical.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I havent posted a pic of myself since my first FB account which has since been hacked and taken down. so I actually do care. and its not a factor of "I have something to hide' its more of, they have no right. thats like asking why do you need a door on the bathroom? you are doing the same thing anyone else does so why do you need the privacy? 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I havent posted a pic of myself since my first FB account which has since been hacked and taken down. so I actually do care. and its not a factor of "I have something to hide' its more of, they have no right. thats like asking why do you need a door on the bathroom? you are doing the same thing anyone else does so why do you need the privacy? 

GREAT analogy :D.

Like, seriously. 

History has shown time and again that this quote holds true: "A people who are willing to sacrifice their freedom for security usually get neither."

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It's not the data that's the problem. It's the people who have access to it.

There are many cases where people's lives have been ruined simply because a secret government organization got access to their data.

Also, hand over your bank account details please, you have nothing to hide after all.

lol was about to give the bathroom example

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Because if George Washington was being spied on, we wouldn't have this little place called the "United States of America" today..

Edit: The 4th Amendment to the Constitution says this:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

By being a United States Citizen, I have the right to be secure in my own home, and the government has guaranteed me protection against unreasonable searches. Spying on me without cause is a completely unreasonable search.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

When you upload your photos to Twitter, Facebook, etc, you are not being "spied on" They're just photos. Being spied on means being watched. Every move you make...Everything you do...recorded. This rant was rather illogical.

I can totally spy on you if you give me your twitter account. Its just that nobody would want to do that. I don't think the government can do anything with your useful with your information, or any normal non terrorist human. I don't why people are so upset about being "spied on".

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Just don't post anything personal on the internet

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I can totally spy on you if you give me your twitter account. Its just that nobody would want to do that.

No. You're posting stuff willingly. The amount of information is still limited.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Honestly I don't care about the privacy crap, but the shady shit the government is doing about it is stupid. I'm pretty sure if they arrested all the people doing "illegal" things on the internet, they'd have to spend another 123491823490128430912341 million dollars on prisons to house the people.

Honestly think it's a waste of time, I really don't see a reason they need to store all of our phone calls/emails/etc. Seems pointless to me.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Every breath you take

And every move you make

Every bond you break, every step you take

I'll be watching you

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

I don't want people to see my junk. If there was no one there then yeah I don't mind leaving the door open. The thing i'm trying to say is that sure the government MIGHT have some sensitive information but its not like they are going to release it publicly. 

ARE YOU RETARDED? (sorry for capslock, just for really, really stupid things). This is why you are american and people who care arent.

Privacy is the only thing that we thought was left for us but the stupid US government didnt just spy the USA, they spied all other the fucking planet without anybody knowing it. Snowden is an international hero and everybody who doesnt think the same way belongs arrested.

Edit: there was an great article about that today but sadly it was in german so i cant post it here!

Im not american idiot way to stereotype. You seriously seem like that typical internet geek who hops on any hate bandwagon. I bet all you do is hate on the government for spying on you but shit it doesn't even affect you. You don't lose any of your privacy. Its your freaking government.

I don't want people to see my junk. If there was no one there then yeah I don't mind leaving the door open. The thing i'm trying to say is that sure the government MIGHT have some sensitive information but its not like they are going to release it publicly. 

i think you dont get it. There is always someone there. Thats the point.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Not just that but they can use it against you. Maybe you're an opposing politician that did something illegal on the internet, they could use it to their advantage.

What? Care to elaborate on "There is always someone there" The government isn't literally watching you, looking at everything you do. They might archive or record some of your data (email, text) but unless you're a terrorist or a FBI most wanted then its no problem. They probably don't even look at it, just find keywords. Its not possible to track everybody in detail.

Im not american idiot way to stereotype. You seriously seem like that typical internet geek who hops on any hate bandwagon. I bet all you do is hate on the government for spying on you but shit it doesn't even affect you. You don't lose any of your privacy. Its your freaking government.

i dont live in the US either and i have no plans to do so. But even the german government is a little bit shady. In the US shit goes down, i mean, you dont want to know whats all happening in places like guantanamo. And as an american, you might get there if the government finds some stuff about you. No one will ever see you again and you probably died in a car accident. opsy daisy.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

What? Care to elaborate on "There is always someone there" The government isn't literally watching you, looking at everything you do. They might archive or record some of your data (email, text) but unless you're a terrorist or a FBI most wanted then its no problem. They probably don't even look at it, just find keywords. Its not possible to track everybody in detail.

oh, so you ever got a message on your screen saying "Are you a terrorist? Yes - No. If not, we won't spy on you! :)"

Gaming HTPC:

Desktop PC:

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

Why dont you want people to see your junk? everyone has it. what do you have to hide? and one person saw your junk, that doesnt mean they will show it to everyone. 

(this is what your argument sounds like)  

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I don't try to pretend privacy still exists. I know everything I do and say on the Internet is stored in some server somewhere. And it's whatever. For the most part I don't give a damn.

The only scary part is this: if the government even thinks I could possibly be doing something wrong, they can tear me apart. The potential is there to get sucked into a legal whirlpool despite not having actually broken any laws.

The chance of something that extreme happening is next to zero. But it's there. And that's what unnerves people.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

You are losing your privacy when someone else sees that information (the government)...

I don't try to pretend privacy still exists.  I know everything I do and say on the Internet is stored in some server somewhere.  And it's whatever.  For the most part I don't give a damn.

The only scary part is this: if the government even thinks I could possibly be doing something wrong, they can tear me apart.  The potential is there to get sucked into a legal whirlpool despite not having actually broken any laws.

The chances of something that extreme happening is next to zero.  But it's there.  And that's what unnerves people.

Nah it won't happen. Thats what really bugs me for some reason, when people think their "privacy" is being invaded. So what? I hate these anti government conspiracy theorist type of people that find the smallest thing and overreact to make it a big issue. If I see anyone in real life complaining about being spied by the government on I will sock him straight on his mouth.

And even if they don't, there are still other people that the government would want to spy on for their own benefit. It's not just about ourselves, it's about the people.

Why dont you want people to see your junk? everyone has it. what do you have to hide? and one person saw your junk, that doesnt mean they will show it to everyone. 

(this is what your argument sounds like)  

I never said its okay for people to see your private information. In fact that IS wrong. But people don't get to see your private information. The government just archives it, its not like they find literally go through every single text, email and pictures or put the information publicly. I bet steam has your credit card information, thats a pretty private thing right?