WHO CARES IF YOU ARE GETTING SPIED ON!

ccaian

@ccaian and everyone else

Let's all just chill, let's not heat up this argument any further than it has already gone. How about we agree to disagree on this and leave it at that. Let's keep the peace. You believe it's fine for the Government to spy on the people and we believe that it is ethically wrong and questionable. How about we leave it at that? 

Guys, cut it with the insults and name-calling. This is an important topic to discuss, and if you continue acting as you have been the moderators / admins will have no choice but to close it. Some civility, please.

Anyway, on to my thoughts.

The American government need to clean up their act. They do not have the right to invade someone's privacy, and the moment they do is the moment the USA becomes a dictatorship. Acquiring information is pointless unless you plan on using it at some point, after all.

If I hacked your computer and recorded everything you did on it, I would face very steep criminal charges. It would not matter if I accessed those records or not - I illegally recorded your activity without your permission, and in the eyes of the law (and indeed the constitution) that is entirely unacceptable. So why should the government be allowed to do the exact same thing?

Everyone has the right to privacy. Those rights should not be taken away on the basis that your government believes there's a miniscule possibility you might just possibly be a terrorist.

Could not have said it better myself. I agree with you. 

Awww they broke your rights huh? Don't be a baby and move somewhere else if you don't like it. I am a weakling for not making a big deal out of something that doesn't even affect us? Shut up loser. Its your freaking government, why do you give a shit if they "spy" on you? What are they gonna do with your information? If you want to live in america then you'll have to give up some "privacy" in order to let your government maintain peace and security. Its called survelience, they need to know whats going on with his own citizens. You seem like the type of illuminati idiot who believes all kinds of conspiracy crap online, just enjoy your freedom and do whatever with your life. Don't stress yourself out by thinking the government is "spying on you" ( more like archiving metadata) and just live your life normally. Its not like he will bust down your door for downloading some songs or movies.

You are being very narrow minded in my opinion. Even if the government needs information on a person they should have a legitimate reason to do so and then get a warrant. A government's job is to run a country not do public profiling of the citizen's. And you'll never know what they would do with your information although you may be insignificant they may decide to screw you for things like pirating 4 songs and demanding 3 million in damages.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

um......GO CANADA!

I HAVE BEEN TO THE FUTURE. THIS IS WHAT IT FORETOLD

VdbXghb.png

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Oh would I have loved to have this conversation with you in real life. Weakling. I live in Sweden by the way, you seem to be illiterate as well.

May I ask you a question? Are you a redneck? And I don't give a shit if they spy on me, it is about whats right and wrong. You must have a very low IQ.

1256675818J986Nc.jpg

Sheep, bäää for me please, bäää.

You seem like a person holding back society, someone who should be put away for good.

Fine, stay with your "rights" you snobby idiot. I guess you never heard of the phrase "Do what is right, rather than what is popular". The government won't give a shit about people like you, keyboard warriors and losers complaining about the government and how their corrupt and shit. The government reveals a measure that benefits both you and him, and you hate it cause it affects your "rights". You must be a 13 year old girl at least, 14 I'll give you that much.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Fine, stay with your "rights" you snobby idiot. I guess you never heard of the phrase "Do what is right, rather than what is popular". The government won't give a shit about people like you, keyboard warriors and losers complaining about the government and how their corrupt and shit. The government reveals a measure that benefits both you and him, and you hate it cause it affects your "rights". You must be a 13 year old girl at least, 14 I'll give you that much.

You truly are. Pathetic. 

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

You truly are. Pathetic. 

Guys chill, let's keep the peace and be nice to each other, there is no need for this to get heated up so much. Let's just agree to disagree. Ccaian believes he is right and Xelithium, myself and few others here on this believe that it is wrong. Let's just chill and keep the peace. 

VdbXghb.png

Poor Canada! Nice one though, by the way where did you get that?

Poor Canada! Nice one though, by the way where did you get that?

I already told you,

The Future, specifically at Rainbow Foods on June 3, 2072 (Minneapolis, MN)

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

You truly are. Pathetic. 

common guys that not what were hear for. This is for bouncing ideas and philosophy's off one another to hear an see other peoples ideas. calling names and saying degrading things just ruins any intellectual understanding of other peoples ideals. Who knows maybe ccaian comes back with an idea that blows our freaking minds and makes us accept what the government is doing. Or you, maybe you might find an example of how the government could do its jobs without spying that would prove to everyone that whats happening atm is unnecessary. We need to keep the threads away from this to achievement the collective collective enlightenment for everyone to benefit from.

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

i am in no way supportive of the government or any organization spying on us. 

but we use google witch logs everything we've ever done, we upload every single detail of our life including birthdays, cellphone numbers, adresses, where we've been, where we are when posting things to face facebook

and anyone can get their hands on this, infact the uk government just goes to these companies for your data instead of tapping your phones

I already told you,

Next time you go Back To The Future (See what I did there?? :P ), take me along I wanna see how the future is, especially in India!  :D

Next time you go Back To The Future (See what I did there?? :P ), take me along I wanna see how the future is, especially in India!  :D

Sure!

Yesterday Texas defeated a harsh abortion bill, and the Supreme Court finally made a decision that will not be retried.

Today is the day that intelligent users of their internet stand up for their privacy.

Make this single topic the sole topic for the presidential election is the only way I really see democracy triumphing again. 

Libertarian 4 Life

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

Okay, here's my views on this subject.

Governments should tremble at the power of the people. There is no justification whatsoever for having a government that can lord over it's people. Let alone have the tenacity to attempt to spy on, and "quieten" the whistleblowers.

It's a very overused comparison, but in this case it fits almost perfectly.

Nazi Germany, was a totalitarian government. Where the 'Hitlerjugend' were encouraged to spy on their parents, to report any "non-German" activities, such activities included :

• Talking bad about anyone in the Reich. 
  • Talking bad about anything German
  • Supporting opposing parties to the Nazi party openly
  • Speaking out about how incredibly stupid condemning the Germans who just happen to be Jewish to a life of misery

Doing anything the Nazi government (and many other governments at the time, including the Soviet government) Would see you "disappear" from the secret police. Whether it be the Gestapo (Nazi) or the KGB (Soviet)

In short, a totalitarian government controls it's people through fear. Whatever it may be, terrorism or the impending onslaught of Jewish invaders, to degrade and ultimately destroy the freedoms that the people once enjoyed, the replacement? The illusion of safety.

Yeah, sure. People put everything online these days, and that information is public. How many times you speak out of turn to friends about the government isn't. That's a private conversation, it should stay that way.

On the point of 'top secret' documents, I agree they should exist. But not for use of keeping the dirty laundry a secret. That information is there for damage limitation. Not hiding their mistakes.

TL;DR  Whistleblowers keep governments in check, Governments should be terrified of the people and totalitarianism is bad.

I already told you,

I too am from the future! How did you survive, friend?!

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Okay, here's my views on this subject.

Governments should tremble at the power of the people. There is no justification for having a government that can lord over it's people. Let alone have the tenacity to attempt to spy on, and "quieten" the whistleblowers.

It's a very overused comparison, but in this case it fits almost perfectly.

Nazi Germany, was a totalitarian government. Where the Hitlerjugend were encouraged to spy on their parents, to report any "non-German" activities, such activities included :

• Talking bad about anyone in the Reich. 
  • Talking bad about anything German
  • Supporting opposing parties to the Nazi party openly
  • Speaking out about how incredibly stupid condemning the Germans who just happen to be Jewish to a life of misery

In short, a totalitarian government controls it's people through fear. Whatever it may be, terrorism or the impending onslaught of Jewish invaders, do degrade and ultimately destroy the freedoms that the people once enjoyed, the replacement? The illusion of safety.

Yeah, sure. People put everything online these days, and that information is public. How many times you speak out of turn to friends about the government isn't. That's a private conversation, it should stay that way.

On the point of 'top secret' documents, I agree they should exist. But not for use of keeping the dirty laundry a secret. That information is there for damage limitation. Not hiding their mistakes.

TL;DR  Whistleblowers keep governments in check, Governments should be terrified of the people and totalitarianism is bad.

I too am from the future! How did you survive, friend?!

Here in Minnesota we have 10,000+ lakes. I have secret bases in over 500 of them. As the war (Chinese-Russo-India war) raged on the US annexed Canada (they put up little fight) and thus Mexico made a move on Texas. Lets just say the war wasn't pretty and thankfully my labs weren't discovered.

Seriously, people bitching about the NSA or the Kinect. You upload your ugly face to Twitter, or Instagram or Facebook or whatever people use nowadays. You are fine with that. But you are not okay with having a camera that is on pointing at you? Not even sharing it to anyone, just pointed at you. Nobody wants to see your fat-ass play games or watch TV seriously.  And you can't stand your government listening in on you? There are millions of you, they don't literally listen in to what you are saying 24/7. They don't care what game you play or what drugs you take, they just listen in for keywords.

Sorry for that small rant, it just pisses me off about this "privacy" issue that's been blowing up lately. Also that Snowden guy, he should DEFINITELY be arrested. Leaking out top secret information about the government? How is that not a crime? 

1. I don't upload my "ugly face" to any social media site.

2. Why should Snowden be arrested? If I don't have anything to hide, then my government shouldn't have anything to hide, oh wait.

the difference is i get to choose what i post on facebook, i know facebook gets spied on so i make sure i don't put anything that i don't want everyone to know on it. with things like kinect it is spying on everything i do in front of my xbone essentially everything i do in my room and i have no control over what my xbone may see when its on.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

VdbXghb.png

No need to go all US and barge in like dogs :P, just move the 49th parallel to the 50th parallel and you're good :)

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Here in Minnesota we have 10,000+ lakes. I have secret bases in over 500 of them. As the war (Chinese-Russo-India war) raged on the US annexed Canada (they put up little fight) and thus Mexico made a move on Texas. Lets just say the war wasn't pretty and thankfully my labs weren't discovered.

Good going! I was in the mountains of Scotland, when we hear the news of Anchorage. Well, lets just say some people panicked. It wasn't pretty, we're pretty much untouched over here btw, feel free to pop over sometime! But bring some of that cola that was everywhere before this all happened! God, i love that stuff.

P.S I heard the Mojave was relatively untouched too, can you confirm?

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Good going! I was in the mountains of Scotland, when we hear the news of Anchorage. Well, lets just say some people panicked. It wasn't pretty, we're pretty much untouched over here btw, feel free to pop over sometime! But bring some of that cola that was everywhere before this all happened! God, i love that stuff.

P.S I heard the Mojave was relatively untouched too, can you confirm?

I have not heard much of the Mojave desert in Nevada though I have heard of the glowing city. Yes after China overtook Russia and India, they thought Alaska would be a good target since we were crippled resulting in a nuclear war; again thankfully I was in my lab. Are you talking about Nuka Cola? Isn't that worldwide? Or are you talking about...

Nuka Cola Qauntum?

Locked.