WHO CARES IF YOU ARE GETTING SPIED ON!

ccaian

Well there you go, terrorism. They keep track of calls to identify possible terrorism communications AND possibly stop terrorist related activities. That doesn't sound like a big deal sure, as long as it doesn't affect you right? Its okay, I don't care about terrorism too. I also don't care if the government keeps track of our calls, you shouldn't too.

So you're willing to give them the opportunity to ruin your life as well as others so that you won't be attacked by a terrorist which is less likely to happen than a baby killing you?

For the most part it's not about us, it's about those that have great influence in the world, especially those that go against the government's wishes.

Actually they just keep your metadata, when you make the call etc., not the content. If they need to search the content, for whatever reason they need a warrant from a judge and a reason.

Well, that's not the point. 

The overall point is that if they collect all this information (DNA, fingerprints, phone numbers, calls and at what time) then when they need it, all they need is a name and bam. You are screwed. 

I'm sure you realize that the system and the people in it can be very corrupt. What happens when someone like that gets a hold of this kind of power?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Boo-hoo. Someone is watching you, what's so bad? What, do you have something to hide? If you do, it's a good thing you are being watched.

If you don't want to get 'spied' on, don't buy an Xbox One. Wow, crazy, right?

Do you even know what's going on? The Xbox One isn't the only thing that spies on us, it's our internet activity. The posts, passwords, credit card details, etc. that you entered have probably been recorded already.

The overall point is that if they collect all this information (DNA, fingerprints, phone numbers, calls and at what time) then when they need it, all they need is a name and bam. You are screwed. 

I'm sure you realize that the system and the people in it can be very corrupt. What happens when someone like that gets a hold of this kind of power?

We'll soon find out, since they already have that power.

That is exactly my point. "all they need is a name and bam. You are screwed.  "

What can they do to you? Nothing. You're a guy sitting at home using a computer, not an international criminal. Its not like that use your information for perversion or whatever jesus christ why are you so insecure. I will never understand this crap.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

That is exactly my point. "all they need is a name and bam. You are screwed.  "

What can they do to you? Nothing. You're a guy sitting at home using a computer, not an international criminal. Its not like that use your information for perversion or whatever jesus christ why are you so insecure. I will never understand this crap.

It's simply a matter of them getting more power with no real reason to have it. 

I stick by the quote I posted. History will likely repeat itself. Like it always does.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Don't act like you don't do some weird ass stuff when no ones around. Do you want people to see that? ;)

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Don't act like you don't do some weird ass stuff when no ones around. Do you want people to see that? ;)

No i don't. Thats why I close my curtains why I do wierd shit. Also its the government, not some random dude. They use your information for a purpose, not to invade privacy. You would let a doctor fiddle with your butthole, but im pretty sure you wouldn't let a random dude do it.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Well first of the government is not squeaky clean, no government is! There will always be a person who can be bought, what if he works at the NSA? What if they need a fall guy for something they want to hide, they can choose any random person, modify that data, change it as they please. It's a question of security. Even the greatest of systems protected by all the features including a lock down can be hacked and broken into. No system is secure. Look at Kevin Mitnick, he only used Social Engineering to gather all the details and hacked into systems without any problems... The CIA network was broken into by an 18 year old. What's that to stop other people to get information, and who is to say the Government does not change the details they store to implicate someone who is just getting in the way of some important politician.   

I dont use twitter, or any social media at that, also i use fake informatin for my youtube, twitch, and fourm accounts for the exact reason i dont want every one in the world i be able to look online and find all of my information. I like to keep my offline life exactly that, offline and away from the wrold. Sure my friends know what i do when im away from a computer cause they are apart of my life and we all hang out togather offline and away from technology. The fact that someone i dont know is watching me via my ISP and search via google/yahoo/bing and collecting everything i do just incase im a crimminal is rather unsetteling.

You cannot trust a government whom refuses to trust its citizens. Its was created to be a government OF the people, BY the people, AND FOR the people. Right now its just a government thats abusing its powers to CONTROL the people and PROTECT IT'SELF from the people its supposed to be working for.

Frankly if there was a way for me to leave to country and live in a remote island with my own protected satalight internet where no government could reach me id do it. its pisses me off to this they would pull shit like this and distroy a few of the few freedoms that we have left just so the government officals can sleep at night knowing that if you do anything wrong they have your whole life documented and they will use it againts you.

-Love for one's country is a given, love for one's government must be earned.

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

I can totally spy on you if you give me your twitter account. Its just that nobody would want to do that. I don't think the government can do anything with your useful with your information, or any normal non terrorist human. I don't why people are so upset about being "spied on".

Lol not everyone uses Instagram or Facebook or Twitter, even if they do it doesn't mean they post pictures on there and if they do there not being spied on, and its called following someone on Twitter not spying on them, also can I have your bank account details please its not spying but if it is you wouldn't care anyway would you?

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

lol no that's not how it works

"Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it" | "Didn't you hear? Spartans never die."

-Gaming- FX 8150 @ 4.2GHz, HD 7870 Tahiti LE 2GB @ 1.1GHz, ASRock 990FX Extreme3, 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz, WIndows 10, Custom Watercooled, NZXT Switch 810

-Audio Editing/Mixing- Mac Mini Late 2014, Core i7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2TB Fusion Drive, OSX 10.12 El Captain -Phone- HTC One M7 32GB

I'm ballsy.

This is my real face as my avatar.

If you click my profile, you know my Age, Gender, real name, and current location/home. 

All completely legit. :|

† Christian Member †

Googling my username comes up with 1210 hits. Odds are high that they're all me. I'm not really paranoid about my identity, in fact, I find it flattering that someone took the time to go through all of that to discover more about/stalk me.

"The one who sacrifices freedom/liberty/privacy for security deserves neither" - On some level, I agree. Unfortunately, it's not clear on how much freedom one should sacrifice for security. The way I see it, too much freedom is just as bad as too little freedom. Both need to be balanced. Some things need to remain private. Others can and perhaps should be sacrificed for safety/security.

As much as I, and everyone else, would like it, the world doesn't work in absolutes. You have to give up something to gain something else.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Losing privacy can lead to losing security! If there's someone that can know everything about you but not the other way round, suddenly we have a dictatorship!

I dont use twitter, or any social media at that, also i use fake informatin for my youtube, twitch, and fourm accounts for the exact reason i dont want every one in the world i be able to look online and find all of my information. I like to keep my offline life exactly that, offline and away from the wrold. Sure my friends know what i do when im away from a computer cause they are apart of my life and we all hang out togather offline and away from technology. The fact that someone i dont know is watching me via my ISP and search via google/yahoo/bing and collecting everything i do just incase im a crimminal is rather unsetteling.

You cannot trust a government whom refuses to trust its citizens. Its was created to be a government OF the people, BY the people, AND FOR the people. Right now its just a government thats abusing its powers to CONTROL the people and PROTECT IT'SELF from the people its supposed to be working for.

Frankly if there was a way for me to leave to country and live in a remote island with my own protected satalight internet where no government could reach me id do it. its pisses me off to this they would pull shit like this and distroy a few of the few freedoms that we have left just so the government officals can sleep at night knowing that if you do anything wrong they have your whole life documented and they will use it againts you.

-Love for one's country is a given, love for one's government must be earned.

Refuses to trust its citizens? So we should remove all security cameras from shops since we trust the citizens not to shoplift. Or remove security checkups from airplanes. This is all necessary to keep us safe you know, monitoring us and shit? Its to prevent bad things from happening. You are completely free by the way. You don't have to get a job go to school or live a normal life, you have the freedom to migrate to a desert location and just live there free from rules. You would probably starve to death and be completely bored though. Unless you have your own satellite to access internet, which you have to pay for.

I can totally spy on you if you give me your twitter account. Its just that nobody would want to do that. I don't think the government can do anything with your useful with your information, or any normal non terrorist human. I don't why people are so upset about being "spied on".

Set up some IP camera's in your shower and post the link. Bet you won't cause you don't want to be spied on.... /thread.

Set up some IP camera's in your shower and post the link. Bet you won't cause you don't want to be spied on.... /thread.

Letting the public see your things and letting the government see your things are completely different. Its like letting a doctor finger you and a stranger do the same.

Letting the public see your things and letting the government see your things are completely different. Its like letting a doctor finger you and a stranger do the same.

Wait, respectively?

So the public is fine, as they are the doctor. The government is not, as they are the stranger.

Sounds about right.

† Christian Member †

So when a bunch of guys in black suits kick down your door one day and toss you into a cell and turn you into a slave you won't care? If you don't care about freedom you can go live in Korea or whatever because thats how its going to end up if you don't have your freedom. When the government spies on you its wrong in so many ways.

So when a bunch of guys in black suits kick down your door one day and toss you into a cell and turn you into a slave you won't care? If you don't care about freedom you can go live in Korea or whatever because thats how its going to end up if you don't have your freedom. When the government spies on you its wrong in so many ways.

Well if that were to happen I would probably be a wanted international criminal and had done something horribly wrong to have people storming my door. And if thats the case than the government has been doing their job. Good job government.

I'm safe n sound in Europe...

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

Well if that were to happen I would probably be a wanted international criminal and had done something horribly wrong to have people storming my door. And if thats the case than the government has been doing their job. Good job government.

Aaron Swartz wasn't an international criminal and didn't do anything horribly wrong.

He just download a metric ton of academic articles.

Because... ya know... being an active learner and member of society is actually bad.

† Christian Member †