Apple Just Made An Incredible Amount Of Money

SirNumbers

Apple want's all the money. We need every central bank of the world to keep issuing more money into economies because Apple is taking it all. how bout dem inflations.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Not surprising. The introduction of larger iPhones and the recent success in Asian markets. 

Despite this; Apple still have a tiny market share in smartphones and that is still plummeting.

Just saying. Put away your iBoner.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Can't imagine what would happen if money like that was going into a superior company such as Google.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

It seems that their profits don't seem as high as people would like to make them. "Charging $650 for a $200 phone" This is proof that the bom cost has little to do with the price of a product; the cost to pay engineers and programmers to make it a complete product is not cheap.

Wow. That's more money than I can actually comprehend. They make the products that the average person wants, by putting decent looking and working software and a nice clean design to its hardware. Can't fault them for it really.

Marketing. Never underestimate the marketing that has to go along with everything else you said. Apple does not give any flying fucks about us. Or really, any person on the internet like us. They want the 99.9% who aren't here. Normal people. My technologically inept father. Or even my brother. Or pretty much everyone you know. 

You can have the BEST product on Earth, if your marketing and branding doesn't get the attention of the widest demographic, you won't have much success. Thats what Apple excels at the most. I know its popular to call people sheep for buying Apple and whatever else, the truth is that Apple just succeeds in marketing to the average joe. They've cracked the code on getting repeat sales and keeping customers in their ecosystems all on their own. Good for them. 

With them nearing a trillion dollars in emergency cash, who knows. To think this company was bankrupt and about to roll over and die, and now they are here. 

Despite this; Apple still have a tiny market share in smartphones and that is still plummeting.

Just saying. Put away your iBoner.

They have huge share what are you talking about

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

geez O_O... Apple. You are sitting on nearly a trillion dollars now. Please for the good of the world do something amazing with it

They're going to make an even thinner iPhone!

geez O_O... Apple. You are sitting on nearly a trillion dollars now. Please for the good of the world do something amazing with it

If they invested half of that into R&D, just imagine what they could do.

Since the late 90's they've been really holding on tight to as much cash as possible. Stops them from ever being strapped for raw spending power, or going bankrupt.

Still though they have so much, they can do so much if they wanted.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

They have huge share what are you talking about

He is the same as those guys who keep saying "Apple is dying" every year or "the iPad is such a failure" or "who actually buys iPods?"

Their overall marketshare percentages are dropping since the entire market is expanding (Android gets a lot of sales) but Apple themselves sell more devices each quarter so its easy to see how people can be confused Their % of market drops but their units sold goes up. 

If they invested half of that into R&D, just imagine what they could do.

Since the late 90's they've been really holding on tight to as much cash as possible. Stops them from ever being strapped for raw spending power, or going bankrupt.

Still though they have so much, they can do so much if they wanted.

They made about 75 Billion dollars, but of that amount, they only have less than 20 Billion left after all the expenses and stuff. They do invest it into R & D, their SOC in their mobile products are excellent and it'll only get better. Although the first gen Apple Watch might be a failure, they won't hesitate to make it better. There are still the rumored iPad pro and retina mba that they might be working on. As far as I can tell, they're not sitting on the money at all.

Meanwhile im here earning £1000 a month....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

It seems that their profits don't seem as high as people would like to make them. "Charging $650 for a $200 phone" This is proof that the bom cost has little to do with the price of a product; the cost to pay engineers and programmers to make it a complete product is not cheap.

explain this then.

Asus-ZenFone-2.jpg

Faster than an iphone 6, larger than an iphone 6, with more ram than an iphone 6, with a higher screen resolution than the iphone 6, with a larger battery than the iphone 6, more expandable than an iphone 6, with more sim cards than an iphone 6, with a better camera than an iphone 6, more moddable than an iphone 6.

All this for a launch price of 200$. Give me one good reason to spend 3.5 times as much to go out and buy an iphone 6 (or 4.5 times as much for a 6+ since it's in that size range).

Of course there's r&d involved and it has a cost, but it's nowhere NEAR expensive enough to even BEGIN to justify the monstrous margin they make on an iphone. They don't even spend that much into advertising anymore, they don't need to. They have legions of fanboys who will do the job just fine (I can't remember the last time I saw an apple ad on tv).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Not an apple fan, but congrats to them. That's a ridiculous amount of money.

explain this then.

Asus-ZenFone-2.jpg

Faster than an iphone 6, larger than an iphone 6, with more ram than an iphone 6, with a higher screen resolution than the iphone 6, with a larger battery than the iphone 6, more expandable than an iphone 6, with more sim cards than an iphone 6, with a better camera than an iphone 6, more moddable than an iphone 6.

All this for a launch price of 200$. Give me one good reason to spend 3.5 times as much to go out and buy an iphone 6 (or 4.5 times as much for a 6+ since it's in that size range).

Of course there's r&d involved and it has a cost, but it's nowhere NEAR expensive enough to even BEGIN to justify the monstrous margin they make on an iphone. They don't even spend that much into advertising anymore, they don't need to. They have legions of fanboys who will do the job just fine (I can't remember the last time I saw an apple ad on tv).

Without looking at benchmarks, I doubt any phone will be faster than the iPhone 6. Larger screen, higher resolution, more ram don't necessarily give you a better experience. Imo, android isn't any better than iOS. It's like saying that a larger tank is the solution to a car with bad efficiency. You are comparing specs that in some cases aren't comparable.

The price of the iPhone is in line with any android flagship. The Galaxy s5, the htc one m8 are all the same price as the iPhone.

A lot of profit might have been lost because of all the bent iphones that they had to replace.  :P

Without looking at benchmarks, I doubt any phone will be faster than the iPhone 6. Larger screen, higher resolution, more ram don't necessarily give you a better experience. Imo, android isn't any better than iOS. You are comparing specs that in some cases aren't comparable. The price of the iPhone is in line with any android flagship. The Galaxy s5, the htc one m8 are all the same price as the iPhone.

The atom cpu inside the zenfone has been proven to destroy most arm chips on the market. Including the iphone 6 cpu, as hard as you may find it to believe that. There's a tablet with windows 8 that has the same cpu on the market (again from asus) that can run bf3 (goes for 300$ with a detachable keyboard btw, might want to reconsider the value of a twice-as-expensive ipad) at a playable framerate.

And there are multiple phones that are faster than an iphone 6, don't kid yourself...

Specs that aren't comparable? Come on dude... just because the screen is a bit larger (which by the way would mean it cost more to produce if anything), it doesn't change the fact that it owns the iphone in every conceivable way. And again, there's the 6+ which has the same size, and is 4.5 times (!!!) as expensive. This is not a size preference comparison, this is me trying to show you how incredibly overpriced the iphone is.

The price is in line with android "flagships", and that's why ALL these "flagships" are utter shit for the price. I'm not a fanboy, I won't defend android at all costs just because. There are terrible value phones with android, too. But this one, and some others, come to show exactly that.

In favour of android however I will say this: even if the iphone was the fastest phone on the planet, ios would prevent you from actually noticing. You're locked in in this tight ecosystem and you can do literally nothing that actually leverages the potential of a high end phone. Android is customizable, moddable, and anyone can port anything to it (for example, someone actually ported the full pc version of doom 3 to android). You can make a linux chroot and have it be a small pc in your pocket. I can already hear you saying "oh I don't care for that who needs that"... well, then may I ask why you are willing to spend 750 on a device if you don't care? because you can get a smooth and stutter free experience from a 100$ phone too nowadays.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Breaking news! Some people made some money.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

The atom cpu inside the zenfone has been proven to destroy most arm chips on the market. Including the iphone 6 cpu, as hard as you may find it to believe that. There's a tablet with windows 8 that has the same cpu on the market (again from asus) that can run bf3 (goes for 300$ with a detachable keyboard btw, might want to reconsider the value of a twice-as-expensive ipad) at a playable framerate.

And there are multiple phones that are faster than an iphone 6, don't kid yourself...

Specs that aren't comparable? Come on dude... just because the screen is a bit larger (which by the way would mean it cost more to produce if anything), it doesn't change the fact that it owns the iphone in every conceivable way. And again, there's the 6+ which has the same size, and is 4.5 times (!!!) as expensive. This is not a size preference comparison, this is me trying to show you how incredibly overpriced the iphone is.

The price is in line with android "flagships", and that's why ALL these "flagships" are utter shit for the price. I'm not a fanboy, I won't defend android at all costs just because. There are terrible value phones with android, too. But this one, and some others, come to show exactly that.

In favour of android however I will say this: even if the iphone was the fastest phone on the planet, ios would prevent you from actually noticing. You're locked in in this tight ecosystem and you can do literally nothing that actually leverages the potential of a high end phone. Android is customizable, moddable, and anyone can port anything to it (for example, someone actually ported the full pc version of doom 3 to android). You can make a linux chroot and have it be a small pc in your pocket. I can already hear you saying "oh I don't care for that who needs that"... well, then may I ask why you are willing to spend 750 on a device if you don't care? because you can get a smooth and stutter free experience from a 100$ phone too nowadays.

How about app compatibility? Emulation of any kind is extremely inefficient. Who cares if benchmarks say its faster if nothing supports its architecture.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

i call bullshit!

resized_the-most-interesting-man-in-the-

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

I guess apple makes a good product that people are happy with.

either that or everyone is just a brainless fanboy lol

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Without looking at benchmarks, I doubt any phone will be faster than the iPhone 6. Larger screen, higher resolution, more ram don't necessarily give you a better experience. Imo, android isn't any better than iOS. It's like saying that a larger tank is the solution to a car with bad efficiency. You are comparing specs that in some cases aren't comparable.

The price of the iPhone is in line with any android flagship. The Galaxy s5, the htc one m8 are all the same price as the iPhone.

Denver is actually faster than the A8X. So technically there are phones out there that provide more performance for a similar price point. Android is also more stable than iOS as well thanks to it's open source nature. Apple does make good products but they aren't "king of the hill" in any respect. They are just good at filling the bill and selling their product. Nine out of ten average consumers will buy an iPhone simply because it's an iPhone. They don't have a clue as to what's under the hood nor do they care. It's all about the label of the product these days. iPhone's fit your average consumer better than Android devices.

yes they made a lot more than last Quarter in revenue, but the actual profit(earnings) is not that bigger than the other earnings. yes its still a lot, upwards of 4 billion 

$18,000,000,000 != $1,000,000,000,000.

But yes, do something with it.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650