Apple Just Made An Incredible Amount Of Money

SirNumbers

"Apple just posted its first quarter results, and as expected, it was a big one. Led once again by record sales of new iPhones and holiday sales of iPads and Macs, Apple posted earnings of $18 billion on $74.6 billion in revenue, far above what it forecasted back in October, and marking the highest quarterly profit in its history." -The Verge

So Apple just made a shit ton sales and made a ton of money

By product, Apple sold 74.5 million iPhones, 21.4 million iPads, and 5.52 million Macs. Those numbers were up big from the number of Phones and Macs Apple sold during the same time last year, but down big for the iPad.

Apple Issued  a statement following this 

"We’d like to thank our customers for an incredible quarter, which saw demand for Apple products soar to an all-time high," Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO said in a statement. "Our revenue grew 30 percent over last year to $74.6 billion, and the execution by our teams to achieve these results was simply phenomenal."

you should add more, the reason they had their biggest quarter was because sales in asia almost tripled*

post-14596-0-05866600-1422400388.png

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/27/7923461/apple-q1-2015-earnings

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

No surprise here.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd your point is?

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

geez O_O... Apple. You are sitting on nearly a trillion dollars now. Please for the good of the world do something amazing with it

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I guess that was to be expected. They've flooded the market with a plethora of devices so I can't say I'm surprised.

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

Yay. More money for apple to fund another pointless cycle of slight improvements on iPhones and IPads.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I cant wait for the first trillionare! :D

Thats a long way away, however the companies close, not an individual though

you should add more, the reason they had their biggest quarter was because sales in asia almost triplicated 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I guess apple makes a good product that people are happy with.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Dang, that's a lot of money... I guess people really like Apple and it seems to get more popular and popular.

I know someone with the original iPad who is still using it and it works completely fine, but Apple decides that they don't matter anymore and won't offer software updates for the original iPad. 

Apple is only supporting the newer things like the newer iPads and the newer iPhones (though I doubt any iPhone 3's actually fully work), making you buy their products so you'd spend more money which aren't necessarily the best things out there but are just somewhat practical.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S Advance and it's an okay phone, but I don't find it personally practical and easy to use unlike some Apple products... Actually I don't think they sell my phone anymore... But that's why people (including me) would want an iPhone, because they are found to be a bit easier to use but will only last a year or two before a new one comes out and then a new one and they'll stop supporting your product...

But yeah, I'd still want an iPhone o_o 

you should add more, the reason they had their biggest quarter was because sales in asia almost triplicated 

Added to OP Ty

Thats a long way away, however the companies close, not an individual though

for example: Tim Cook  only makes about $9 million a year xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

geez O_O... Apple. You are sitting on nearly a trillion dollars now. Please for the good of the world do something amazing with it

75 Billion is a long way from 1 trillion. (1000 billion is 1 trillion)

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

SnIp

I get your point but apple supports the device for 2-3 generations which is better than most companies and I have to solute them for that. This is still coming for someone whose a Avid Android user and would never switch

Meanwhile, the stores selling Apple products are forced to follow their retarded pricing scheme and lose an incredible amount of money during sales.

Thanks Apple. You're killing the small ones.

Don't worry, youll get 50 bucks off you 1500 dollar laptop if you go to college.

I get your point but apple supports the device for 2-3 generations which is better than most companies and I have to solute them for that. This is still coming for someone whose a Avid Android user and would never switch

Yeah, they do support it for a few generations, but then stop.. Which kinda sucks as I have an iPad 2 and an iPad mini which will eventually not be supported (and is great IMO) as there are more and more generations coming out where people find them way better which may not be true as they're kinda making the same product over and over again and not changing much... 

75 Billion is a long way from 1 trillion. (1000 billion is 1 trillion)

no what Im sayign is they are sitting on nearly a trillion. I think it was like 800 billion or so last time I saw the report. Ill look for it if you want

\

edit: couldnt find the report after a quick search but I found this: http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/25/investing/apple-700-billion/

Spoiler

Wow. That's more money than I can actually comprehend. They make the products that the average person wants, by putting decent looking and working software and a nice clean design to its hardware. Can't fault them for it really.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

iPhone revenue alone is more than all of Microsoft and Google combine.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

no what Im sayign is they are sitting on nearly a trillion. I think it was like 800 billion or so last time I saw the report. Ill look for it if you want

Ohhh, you mean the whole company's net worth. I gotcha.

iPhone revenue alone is more than all of Microsoft and Google combine.

That's because every year Apple encourages people to replace their currently working and still good iPone. I still remember them grasping at straws to get more sales, by adding more colour options to the iPhone and calling it a new model.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL