EA Will Have Microtransactions on Car Gas in Need For Speed: No Limits

AndThenThereWas1

Pro tip: Buy a real car and pay for real gas.

Little too late, The masses already got their credit cards out.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/01/26/ea-will-charge-gas-need-speed-no-limits-ongoing-effort-make-games-mundane-annoying-real-life/

Now to be clear, it's not a requirement as you can wait for a while and refill that way. But this is still some scummy microtransaction crap that is doing anything but improving EA's rather poor public image at the moment.

Hand of Nod: i7-4790K, 16GB G.Skill Sniper 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM, Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, MSI Gaming 5 Z97 mobo, LEPA 120mm red LED fans (x3) Corsair SPEC-03 case, Seasonic 650W 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, ASUS VG248QE 144hz monitor, Patriot Blaze 120GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM HDD (x2)

EA can go die, perhaps by jumping into the insanely deep hole that ubisoft dug.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/01/26/ea-will-charge-gas-need-speed-no-limits-ongoing-effort-make-games-mundane-annoying-real-life/

Now to be clear, it's not a requirement as you can wait for a while and refill that way. But this is still some scummy microtransaction crap that is doing anything but improving EA's rather poor public image at the moment.

Why is EA getting hate for this.... CSR Racing/Classics and Fast and Furious 6 have been doing the same thing for a while now and nobody's been complaining.

"Rawr XD"

It's a mobile game. This is pretty normal.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

While this is scummy, this is no different than most other mobile app makers

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

What... Pay for gas.

Gtfo idiots.

Interested in Business and Technology

Meanwhile I'm still playing Need For Speed: Most Wanted on my original Xbox. It was my favorite Need For Speed game. (It and Underground 2 are equal, but I felt more involved with Most Wanted.)

SuperTuxKart FTW

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Clash of Clans do something fairly similar, either wait 2+ days for something to upgrade or you can use gems (which cost money). 

Not uncommon with mobile games... 

I dont get why everyone across the internet is making such a big deal about this. Theres tons of mobile racing games that use gas as energy. When your out you either buy more or wait till it refills. This is nothing new.. Seems to be just people picking  on EA.

It's nowhere near suprising. It's mobile, users are more likely to get fucked over in that respect.

Edited by Blade of Grass

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

EA can go die, perhaps by jumping into the insanely deep hole that ubisoft dug.

They probably die of old age before reaching the bottom of that :D

Details separate people.

Clash of Clans is no different.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

My beef isn't just with E.A., but with any game that charges you real money for something as asinine as gas. Fake, in-game currency that you earn from races? Now that is something I could see. That way you game some sense of realism but without the financial reaming that the industry seems to wanna do to gamers whenever possible. Just my opinion of course.

Edit: My bad on the repost guys. I'll try to do a better job with the search function.

Hand of Nod: i7-4790K, 16GB G.Skill Sniper 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM, Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, MSI Gaming 5 Z97 mobo, LEPA 120mm red LED fans (x3) Corsair SPEC-03 case, Seasonic 650W 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, ASUS VG248QE 144hz monitor, Patriot Blaze 120GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM HDD (x2)

They already did this for the Fast and Furious 6 app...

afaik CSR did it first

"Rawr XD"

Not to mention that the game already has in-game advertising, which I am seeing after a Google image search.

I see:

- Monster Energy Drink

- Castrol

- GoPro

- Pirelli

just as a quick look. That game is probably full of advertisement.

It was co-partnered with Ken Block and Hoonigan, whatever sponsors he has are advertised in-game.

"Rawr XD"

Good, they want to focus on mobile gaming ng so be my guest. They not getting my money :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I remember the time when people actually thought smartphone gaming was the next evolution of gaming and it would destroy  consoles and PCs alike. HA. HA. HA.

Indeed. And now it's full of shitty clones and pay-to-win "games".

Remember when Apple bragged about how many games there are on the iPhone as opposed to the 3DS? There's a thing called "quality over quantity", and I'd rather have a couple hundred good games over ten thousand shitty ones.

wow... stupid to the max

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

EA: we can't let Ubisoft get all the spotlight! Time to do what we do best! Fuck you in the ass!!