What to do when people laugh at your rig?

zappian

I wouldn't care.

I have people laughing at my GPU. Its my PC. Who cares?

It does what i built it for.

I am the one who uses it daily

Not them.

So just use it, enjoy your PC.

I still have a 5850 in my backup rig.

It runs modern games better than most people think.

I still have a 5850 in my backup rig.

It runs modern games better than most people think.

Yeah they are beasts.

It came from my dads old PC that he replaced 3 years ago, wasn't used for that long and bang working well on this one.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

Yeah they are beasts.

It came from my dads old PC that he replaced 3 years ago, wasn't used for that long and bang working well on this one.

Mine has a makeshift fan but still works.

KOAL2Vn.jpg

tell them to give you money to upgrade.otherwise invite them to shut up

i3s haswell are strong for gaming anyway

Mine has a makeshift fan but still works.

KOAL2Vn.jpg

That looks cool in a hackerish way.

Mines got the original. It looks awesome.

What @s3ns3 said.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

Yeah no one ever laughs at my rig....

gallery_136077_2440_7138.jpg

Especially when it doesnt turn on for 7 hours and rebuilt twice in that time....

That looks cool in a hackerish way.

Mines got the original. It looks awesome.

What @s3ns3 said.

Fan died had to improvise.

Thats a full sized 120 MM antec case fan.

I have better temps than the stock cooler.

I'm pretty sure it's alt + F4 :P

Nah, I want to keep my other tabs open. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Alright guys this was been happening a lot IRL and on reddit.

People read my specs and say something like.

And it pisses me off to no end.

I know that my rig isnt top end but it plays games at utlra settings on MY resolution , i though that was what pc gaming was about.

And these morons pick apart what took me months to build without a job and mock it.

What should i do when this happens.

By they way if you dont have anything of value to say and simply post something like

I will ignore you.

Cheers.

Not trying to be rude, but i have seen more threads regarding i3's coming from you, than any other user on any forum ever. Almost as if you are seeking an endless validation of what a majority of people already consider a good CPU. 

People that mock the performance of another person's PC is simply trying to justify their own purchase by convincing others and themselves that the money they spent is worth it. To put it simply: Not everyone has the same performance needs as everyone else. I use a G3258 and a GTX 770 (i know, do not even tell me its a bottleneck) for MMO gaming and browsing. I am often mocked by other MMO players over their "i7 4790k's with triple SLI titans". People that spend more money than me, only to get the same gaming experience at the end of the day do not bother me in the slightest.

That i3 of yours will suffice for modern games for quite a while. I would also not take insults from Reddit seriously, Or anywhere else on the internet for that matter. Are you satisfied with your purchase? Is it delivering enough performance to suit your needs? If the answer to these questions are "Yes", then nothing anybody else has to say will matter at that point.

While those reddit people dump their life savings into hardware that becomes obsolete the moment it is powered on, spend your time and resources on things that will improve not just your PC, but your quality of life in general. Something most internet trolls forget to do. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Not trying to be rude, but i have seen more threads regarding i3's coming from you, than any other user on any forum ever. Almost as if you are seeking an endless validation of what a majority of people already consider a good CPU. 

People that mock the performance of another person's PC is simply trying to justify their own purchase by convincing others and themselves that the money they spent is worth it. To put it simply: Not everyone has the same performance needs as everyone else. I use a G3258 and a GTX 770 (i know, do not even tell me its a bottleneck) for MMO gaming and browsing. I am often mocked by other MMO players over their "i7 4790k's with triple SLI titans". People that spend more money than me, only to get the same gaming experience at the end of the day do not bother me in the slightest.

That i3 of yours will suffice for modern games for quite a while. I would also not take insults from Reddit seriously, Or anywhere else on the internet for that matter. Are you satisfied with your purchase? Is it delivering enough performance to suit your needs? If the answer to these questions are "Yes", then nothing anybody else has to say will matter at that point.

While those reddit people dump their life savings into hardware that becomes obsolete the moment it is powered on, spend your time and resources on things that will improve not just your PC, but your quality of life in general. Something most internet trolls forget to do. 

I like my i3 a lot , sorry if im overly enthusiastic about it on the forums.

It was the best thing i have ever bought.

I have no need to validate it i assure you.

MMOS usually are very lightly threaded , a dual core cpu is up their alley.

I dont think you would get bottlneck in those types of games.

I had a phenom ii 955 before, then I bought a 3570k for $100 on craigslist lol. Luckily I wasn't stabbed or kidnapped but I've been made fun of for not having an i7 and for buying computer parts on craigslist. People are dumb and its best to just ignore them. 

"I am often mocked by other MMO players over their "i7 4790k's with triple SLI titans"."

I'm an avid WoW player and encounter people like this all the time. My rig is built primarily around maximizing frames in that game and there simply isn't enough reason to have an i7 or sli/crossfire. Your main goal with MMOs, and WoW in particular, should be to get a beefy CPU and clock the hell out of it. Don't be like my guildie who has an R9 295x2 and an 8350 with terrible single thread performance. 

I like my i3 a lot , sorry if im overly enthusiastic about it on the forums.

It was the best thing i have ever bought.

I have no need to validate it i assure you.

If you like it a lot, then the people that mock you cannot do any damage to you. Had i not gotten my G3258 for $55, and used it to learn how to properly OC a haswell, i would have chosen an i3 myself. 

Back when i first joined OCN, i think around 2009, i asked about buying a processor (had a razor thin budget at the time, working as a janitor at the age of 14 or 15) and when i decided on the Phenom II 720 B.E, i was mocked by not only the intel side, but even the AMD people. Some of the more level headed people managed to help improve the CPU once i got it, managed to unlock the core and overclock to 3.2ghz without even touching the voltage. This put it on par with CPU's of a higher price, and saved me money in the long run. 

I used this CPU, along with a 9800GT for 4 years, until eventually switching to an FX 8320 and a GTX 560 TI (got it for free) and then i switched to a GTX 770, and then bought this G3258 for my venture into the Intel side of things.

I consider all of my hardware great purchases, because they got the job done. I have not regretted a single hardware purchase so far, mostly because i do not pay more than the performance i need. I do not buy things to brag about the speeds, and if i need more than what my hardware has to offer, i OC it. If that is not enough, i upgrade.

Even the strongest gaming PC in the current day, will be beat by the mid-tier hardware in roughly 2 years. Sure, the performance will still be strong after 2 years, but you lose your bragging rights almost instantly. The bragging rights is almost the only purpose of buying that kind of hardware anyways, as most games do not advance fast enough in 2 years time to warrant that kind of initial performance anyways, atleast as far as MMO's have come.

I think i am going slight off topic, so ill end my rant here. 

TL DR: People can be jerks, just find what you need and buy it. If it works for you, then you made a good purchase.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Eh, just tell em to stop being idiots. There is nothing wrong with any component as long as it serves YOUR purpose, Or if they company thinks its a good idea to support a feminist group that say they want equality, but hate on men like no other. but thats beside the point!

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

So many dicks on that sub.

You guessed it.

Figured. That's the main reason why the joke is getting old and childish.

Eh, just tell em to stop being idiots. There is nothing wrong with any component as long as it serves YOUR purpose, Or if they company thinks its a good idea to support a feminist group that say they want equality, but hate on men like no other. but thats beside the point!

OFFTOPIC:

That term feminism has been thrown around so many times.

Anita sarkesian represents feminism as well as hitler represents  equality.

That ABC report on anita sarkesian made me sick.

I think if we ignore her for enough time she will become irrelevant again i hope.

Don't worry about it. Someone told me my rig was shit because I was "only using a GTX 970".

Not only did they fail to realize my signature clearly says SLI GTX 970s, they also firmly believed that the 970 is a shitty card.

Some people like to complain about others for no apparent reason.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

OFFTOPIC:

That term feminism has been thrown around so many times.

Anita sarkesian represents feminism as well as hitler represents  equality.

That ABC report on anita sarkesian made me sick.

I think if we ignore her for enough time she will become irrelevant again i hope.

Yea, but I will not support intel until something changes, luckily I am not building any PCs for a few months at least.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

Some how people don't tease you for something like a g3258 but they do for a i3 or a older cpu i5 2500k.