What to do when people laugh at your rig?

zappian

Alright guys this was been happening a lot IRL and on reddit.

People read my specs and say something like.

Oh an i3 so sad.

And it pisses me off to no end.

I know that my rig isnt top end but it plays games at utlra settings on MY resolution , i though that was what pc gaming was about.

And these morons pick apart what took me months to build without a job and mock it.

What should i do when this happens.

By they way if you dont have anything of value to say and simply post something like

Do you need a thread just for this you moron?

I will ignore you.

Cheers.

Nobody has ever laughed at my rig (inb4 someone replies with "hahaha noob rig"), but if someone laughs at a modern i3, they're ignorant and you shouldn't waste your time on them. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

You take the side panel off and wrap it around their heads uttering the words "Lord GabeN shall smite you." 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Let me guess, this was on the /r/pcmasterrace subreddit

Just ignore them, they're clearly as ignorant as people that jump on console peasants without knowing their reason for having one. I get it all the time for having an xbox one, but i just ignore it because i know i have a valid reason for having it (not that i think it's better than PC, just better for me). 

this

U+wot+m8+_0b8f6f79b23a3ee09eef60e3f9903f

As a man that had an i3 in my system for 1.5years, reddit means its a simple problem, irl is harder, explain to them the nature of not being a dick and understand that not all games combust when you dont have a powerful cpu, btw dont mention bf4, DONT, it murders i3s

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

stab them.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

this

-snip-

By far one of the best memes of all time. 

I have a Q6600, so a lot of hate, but they dont' realize they will beat an 8320.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I will ignore you.

Heres your answer :D Or tell them that not everyone needs to spends thousands for a rig that can do everything they need

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

Everyone's all like "Hurrdurr i3, you suck, should of waited on the GFX upgrade"

Its the highest SKU of i3.

Maxes out on BF4 @ 80 FPS

well mine is a 4160 haswell refresh , one of the highest as well.

With FSB oc its a 3.7 ghz cpu.

Probably Ctrl + F4

It's just the internet

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

this

U+wot+m8+_0b8f6f79b23a3ee09eef60e3f9903f

As a man that had an i3 in my system for 1.5years, reddit means its a simple problem, irl is harder, explain to them the nature of not being a dick and understand that not all games combust when you dont have a powerful cpu, btw dont mention bf4, DONT, it murders i3s

Mine runs bf4 64 man server.

Maybe you werent using mantle as i was?

Or maybe ivy bridge i3.

well mine is a 4160 haswell refresh , one of the highest as well.

With FSB oc its a 3.7 ghz cpu.

Not everyone is a rich douchebag that can afford 8k displays and 4way titian z sli. 

I have a Q6600, so a lot of hate, but they dont' realize they will beat an 8320.

Yea people make fun of older CPU's/i3's all day but god forbid you say one thing about the almighty FX processor and you'll get downvoted/hated on to no end. 

Link someone a Core2Duo/Quad with better per-core performance than an 8320 and man they say some stupid shit sometimes.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

They don't.

@zappian LOL< you have an i3, 3 < 7, so therefore, i3 < i7. Wrecked.

/s

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Probably Ctrl + F4

It's just the internet

I'm pretty sure it's alt + F4 :P

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

They don't.

@zappian LOL< you have an i3, 3 < 7, so therefore, i3 < i7. Wrecked.

/s

Dude but you have a FX 8350 , 8350 > i3 double wrecked.

Damn , time to sell my pc and buy a dishwasher for the kitchen.

/s

I wouldn't care.

I have people laughing at my GPU. Its my PC. Who cares?

It does what i built it for.

I am the one who uses it daily

Not them.

So just use it, enjoy your PC.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask!