Google to Firefox users: Dump Yahoo for us

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

hmm since u asked i think ill switch to yahoo

lol good luck

Considering how often the paranoid idiots have been right about privacy-related stuff already, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Google does indeed make most money through ads, but they get more for delivering them to the right demographic.  That's why all your data is being stored and analyzed. 

Oh, and let's not forget about Prism.  That too wasn't about our info but only for advertisements, I presume.

I use Google ... but using startpage.com instead of Google's own address.  No cookies, no IP logging and the option to either go straight to a result's webpage or open it through a proxy. 

google is a company that just want to make money off of ads. prism is a program by a government who wants to control its citizens

When it changed with that update, I was quick to set it back to bae Google.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Why are some of you still using earlier Firefox versions?  Newer versions tend to address security problems.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Google lost a lot of users due to the switch, but they also want to kill off Firefox (hence why they didn't renew the deal with Mozilla).

Very sad.

To me it's like if Windows blocks you from using any web browser beside Spartan.

And the reaction I am seeing here is "Who cares. Spartan is the best! Competition is bad!"

Yeah but all the search engines other than Google return shitty results, and DuckDuckGo doesn't count because it leeches off of Google results.

Yeah but all the search engines other than Google return shitty results, and DuckDuckGo doesn't count because it leeches off of Google results.

I have been getting fine results with Yahoo. You just need to know how to use the engine.

We have been adapted to use Google, and nothing else. And honestly, I am finding the results better and better as I use it more. I think it because Bing engine is getting better to the increase users.

Also, Yahoo results aren't the same as Bing despite using the same engine, as Yahoo interprets and translate the search terms differently, I believe, for, in my opinion, better results.

Also, what I hate with Google is the auto-search feature which craps out 80% of the time, especially when you visit a page and go back, where it gets you back 2 or even 3 previous searches you have done. It seams fine under Chrome, and as Google never fixed this since introduced, my vote is that more tricks that Google does to try and boost people to switch to Chrome, much like YouTube being inferior under Firefox (no 60fps, freezes when you use touch to maximize the video (not a problem anywhere else), and more).

What annoys me, is that instead of people fighting for this, they are pulling an Apple fan, which is very very, in my opinion, sad to see.

They use your info to do targeted advertising. The more info they got on you, the more specific ads they can show and those make more money.

The amount of info they got on you and the amount of money they can get from ads are directly related.

Sure, why not? I know plenty of people who Google every site they want to visit. For those people, the search provider can know every single site you visit. That's very valuable.

Even if you don't Google every site you visit it will still be pretty easy to extract lots of personal info just from your searches.

Nothing wrong with that thats how ads work sir. Its not like there using your info against you it to give you ads that actually might interest you. 

talk about poor sportsmanship, hey google  i will use what ever I want !!

which includes yahoo, but not bing because bing sucks

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Like Google gives a crap about you.

It's targeted advertising.

Google cares enough about me to give me targeted advertising.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I remember reading an article about some white hat hackers that found an alarming number of security holes in yahoo's range of services, and yahoo has never acknowledged or fixed the security holes even after years of urgent emails, letters, phone calls etc. likely the security holes are there purposefully for gov agencies to access peoples personal data for "reasons," but I am certain Mozilla are unaware of this issue, and are making their browsing experience potentially less secure as a result. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Google lost a lot of users due to the switch, but they also want to kill off Firefox (hence why they didn't renew the deal with Mozilla).Very sad.To me it's like if Windows blocks you from using any web browser beside Spartan.And the reaction I am seeing here is "Who cares. Spartan is the best! Competition is bad!"

Not even close. Mozilla is a part of the group of companies which are trying to take Google down cause it disagrees with their corporate vision of the future. There's been a sequence of leaked emails from Sony which clearly show this group is trying to use somewhat dodgy tactics to attack Google on multiple levels.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)