NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 STRIX from ASUS

LinusTech

I just don't get why they made it 200$.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Meh... Boring card.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Would a CX430M be enough to power this? That's my power supply, and getting a new one would mean taking apart the P.I.T.A. Bitfenix Prodigy which I do not want to do.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

I am disappointed...  

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

is it the best version of gtx 960???????????

Yes. GM206 has a max core count of 1024.

Having said that, the 960 is unimpressive. Disappointing. Underwhelming.

Unless they reduce the price then there is little reason to get this card over others.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Yawn.
You can tell how bored Linus and Luke were with this launch too. They may as well have just looked on a price-performance graph and not bothered with benchmarks. The only good point is that the 760 should drop in price now, making it much better value option.
Nvidia, when you release a new card, at least make it tangibly better than the last generation, especially as its a new architecture and not just another refresh. What's more your gen-skipping naming scheme will, to the average customer, make it seem like you have made 0 performance progress in 2 generations.

I'm so tired of Nvidia just sitting on ass, looking smug and just waiting for AMD to bring out an architecture that's competitive. Frankly, this just makes me want to vote AMD with my wallet next time I'm up for an upgrade, and with freesync on the doorstep, it seems like as good of a time as any since the 7950 came out.

And honestly, I think if you care about the long term progress of graphics power, more people should vote AMD too. They need all the money they can get. If they get more money, then they can spend more on designing better chips. If they have better chips then they will force Nvidia to bring out their better ones too and so on.

I've always wondered why World of Warcraft has 6-10 million players, but they never add it to the benchmarks.

• 2 months later...