Microsoft: Windows 10 will not be sold as a subscription + Windows 10 is free for 7/8.1 users

Mate, you can turn your avatar up the right way now. Everyone is kinda passed the sideways avatar thing now. ;):D

@qwertywarrior

i wanted to do it a while ago but cba :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i wanted to do it a while ago but cba :P

CBA?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

CBA?

Cant be arsed - Unwilling to expend energy on the task in hand :D

Can't be asked - Unwilling to expend energy on the task in hand :D

Right. Got it! ;)

CBA?

cant be arsed

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

can't be arsed

Repost! :P

Everybody is moaning about reposts and nobody is posting the link to the bloody OP!

I wonder if i can get a copy of windows 7 after Win10 release and just upgrade? I plan on formating my PC in spring and i guess an older copy of windows will be cheaper?

who cares...

Ive heard that Windows 7 will be officialy supported till 2020, so im fine for a while.

Honnestly, everything that MS broaght out after windows 7, is just awfull.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

-snip

I think all W8 version are now possible to upgrade to 8.1. Mine was a MSDN copy, at first i wasn't allowed to upgrade it, and said to me that i need to download the iso of 8.1 again. But after a week or two, it auto installed 8.1. Might want to try updating it again. :)

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

I wonder how the "upgrade" will work, i have both OS so im totally going to upgrade...but i still want to know what happens after that 1 year..

is it just a 1 year long Promotion?

You have one year to upgrade for free, if you do that then your Windows 10 license will last forever. No additional charges or subscriptions. :)

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

I'll wait a few months to see if windows 10 is awesome or sucks. If its awesome then i'll go for it if not i'll stick with 8.1 i've forgot how to use and other windows os by spending so much time with 8. just over 2 years to be exact.