Next Generation AMD Graphics (Volcanic Islands/HD9000) Finally Coming. (Official)

i hope not. september is better :p

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

You have 2 titans stop complaining.  :P

dude those numbers ara AMAZİNG (these: http://gpuboss.com/graphics-card/Radeon-HD-9970)

i am not complaining but if AMD comes up some tin like that than goodbye titan's hello 9970's but i dont think they are real :(

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

the memory bandwith seems odd, but other than that it seems like an amazing card.

yea i never saw that but still its better than most of the cards out there (actually all :p)

i dont think they will take that long september seems like its more ''true'' they realsed ''the fixer'' and other GPU videos like that which means they are trying to sell the rest of the 7000 cards. this tells me that 9000 series is around the corner

Now I have to decide whether to get the asus gtx 780 DCUII or get the 9970.....

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Now I have to decide whether to get the asus gtx 780 DCUII or get the 9970.....

like i said there is a big chance of this beign not true cuz its too Good to be true if they come up with those specs (4000 shaders 1ghz clock) that would be the best thing AMD has ever done.

like i said there is a big chance of this beign not true cuz its too Good to be true if they come up with those specs (4000 shaders 1ghz clock) that would be the best thing AMD has ever done.

Well these cards are said to be designed to combat both the 700 series and the 800 series so AMD needs something like this to fight both the 780 AND the 880

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Well these cards are said to be designed to combat both the 700 series and the 800 series so AMD needs something like this to fight both the 780 AND the 880

Who said that?

They're 20nm, Maxwell (800 series) is 20nm as well.

they are 20nm ?? O.o wow

Watch Dogs is a Nvidia title.

I know :(

Was very disappointed when I saw that

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

How much would the 9970 cost roughly in the uk?....£400 or more? also would the 9970 be faster than two 7950 crossfired and oc'd to 1200mhz gpu and 1500mhz memory.....like others im looking to also sell my 7950 at the end of the year an buy the 9970......only if its a reasonable price and i can get like atleast £200 for my 7950. If not then im gonna buy another regardless....

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

• 2 weeks later...

Guys you are speculating on something there's 0 (absolute 0) of official information.

Wikipedia isn't the smartest way to obtain info, seeing that now it also uses rumors as 'knowledge' lmao.

I'd like to see AMD jumping to 20nm while retaining 28/32nm on the processors for this and next year ahahhahahahahahaha good joke, I wonder who made THAT one up.

Also, 8Tflops?

That's 4 times the calculating speed of 7970 which is the same processing node. Yeah sure, seems legit, they'll just make it like, you know, 2x as long to fit all the processor units there and sure go ahead. Guys I think you will all be very disappointed when the real 9970 specs come, this is not only rumor, this is a totally bullshit rumor.

You see, there's something like economy/market strategy. Releasing a product roughly 300% more powerful than last generation would destroy their ability to improve over years because there would be no way to improve, save for the lack of resources at AMD to gain 300% increase in performance over 2 years without dropping the node. =)

9970 may get 20-30% efficiency increase over 7970 and that's it, mark my words.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Amd needs a big boost in sales, they need ot make a lot of money to get back into the game....they can only start researching and developing more tech if they have the money to do so.....with the ps4 and xbox one using amd hardware they have atleast 4 years steady income from the only real console companies on the planet........i wouldn't be surprised if the 9970 was spec'd out to be all it was rumored to be. If it has all the things the rumours say then it will sh*t on nvidia sales and so will the 9950, 9870.......along with crossfire fixes coming out in 6 days which will be all but optimised fully by the release of the 9 series people will want these cards......Yes nothing is official but its not hurting anyone and worst comes to worst is that people who waited to get the 9970 instead of a 780 will just get the 780......simple....

all in all ima just get another 7950 at the end of the year and crossfire =)

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

It's not just about specs, its about law of physics and standards. This kind of card at 28nm would draw so much power and output so much heat and take so much space that it's simply impossible for them to release it right now right here even if they had the technology...

I heard a rumor that 9970 will be direct competition for 780 but it won't try to outperform Titan at all cost, which sounds more likely. There is not a big window between 780 and Titan but enough to make a good card beat them both after small overclock.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

guys calm your tits it is coming.

guys calm your tits it is coming.

but my body is ready now.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

I hope AMD will come in sooner and drag down the prices of Nvidea with it 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, if the new driver is good then I might well buy a second 7950 for 250 euros for crossfire.

Well your in luck because of insane price cuts on the 7xxx series you could probably pick one up for a lot less!