Next Generation AMD Graphics (Volcanic Islands/HD9000) Finally Coming. (Official)

Volcanic Islands is officially a 20nm architecture, & AMD already confirmed that the upcoming cards are Volcanic Islands based.

I thought that tsmc wouldn't have enough time to get the 20nm fab running by October.

I thought that tsmc wouldn't have enough time to get the 20nm fab running by October.

Well looks like AMD will be using Global Foundries then xD

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

They installed the 20nm equipment 2 months ahead of schedule back in April.

oh ok I must of missed that. :wacko:

also did anyone else notice on the 20nm version of the 9970 rumor that their is arm A5 cpu in it?

oh ok I must of missed that. :wacko:

You indeed have : http://news.softpedia.com/news/TSMC-Installs-20nm-Equipment-Early-342308.shtml

also did anyone else notice on the 20nm version of the 9970 rumor that their is arm A5 cpu in it?

Semi-accurate already refuted that rumor http://semiaccurate.com/2013/05/20/amds-volcanic-islands-architecture/

Higher tier fair enough, thought you were talking about in general

By general, I meant general purpose usability. Unlike, NVIDIA's GeForce that is pretty much good for only gaming, AMD's Radeon cards are quite capable for other applications, especially OpenCL-based, aside from gaming hence why a lot of people are buying them for Adobe, Bitcoing mining, Folding@Home etc.

I really want to go with AMD but I also want ShadowPlay...

#GamerProblems

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

With the money you are saving from going with the new amd card... just get a roxio game capture. #ProblemSolved

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!! ( japanese teenager scream )

Lol, I'm so glad I haven't upgraded my 670 to a 780 now. :) My friend has one and I've used it in my rig and it nice, been itching to upgrade because of it. I hope that they will also fix CF Frame Rating issues with the driver release for the new series. 

you can use Radeon pro to kinda fix that, in this website you can see how it makes a difference :) http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1750626

If that rumored 9970 is really 4000 shader units,1000mhz clock speed and 4gb vram i will sell my titans my house my car and my family to buy at least 2 of it D:

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

I hope they realse Benchmarks soon i want to see if this thing is ture or not. (the 9970)

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

I hope they realse Benchmarks soon i want to see if this thing is ture or not. (the 9970)

Sorry October.  :(

Sorry October.  :(

october for the cards?? or the benchmarks?

This will be cool and I am sure it will be better than Nvidia and cheaper as always and the problem I have is that I already have a 7970 so I basically have to get another one. :(

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

for the cards, a couple weeks earlier for the leaks.

how do you know it is october this guy was saying september?

This will be cool and I am sure it will be better than Nvidia and cheaper as always and the problem I have is that I already have a 7970 so I basically have to get another one. :(

http://gpuboss.com/graphics-card/Radeon-HD-9970

if this is true it will be the most powerful graphics card out there beating the dual-gpu ones as well and im sure i will get 2 of those ^^ hmmmm tastyy :p

Man i cant wait for this, im getting my computer parts this friday, but only half, it will be fully done by september, is it worth the wait ??? its either 2 780s or the new AMD cards, im so hyped up!  :D  :rolleyes:

Man i cant wait for this, im getting my computer parts this friday, but only half, it will be fully done by september, is it worth the wait ??? its either 2 780s or the new AMD cards, im so hyped up!  :D  :rolleyes:

i say wait cause if these rumors are true 9970 is a fuking MONSTER!

*waits patiently for 9950 and 9970*

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)