ROOT: an AMD build

GN103

It's 2015 and time for another watercooled build. I'll be trying out the PrimoChill acrylic tubing and rigid comrpression fittings this time.

AMD FX8370

Gigabyte Windforce R9290X

ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z

GSkill Ripjaws 4X8GB

Crucial M4 512GB 6GB/s

Corsair RM850

Corsair 750D

Bitfenix spectre pro 120MM and 140MM X3 ea.

Alphacool reservior, pump, and radiators

Bitspower CPU block

Heatkiller GPU block and backplate

Primochill Acryilic

Primochill rigid compression fittings

Bitspower adapters

post-13584-0-79857800-1421678128_thumb.j

-snip-

Sweet. I wonde what the end result will be. Are you gonna post pictures of the final build when you get it finished ? :D

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

That's the plan. (along with a few in-progress shots)

I'm following right now, looks amazing. Will you post pictures of the progress and final build with some benchmarks and overclocking numbers? :D

Edit : saw your post right after I posted mine, good to know! :)

Will you give us temps aswell? For CPU/GPU when OC and at stock? Voltages too?

Edited by ChatDaw

Just tag @ChatDaw so I can answer as fast as possible.

Welp. This is one of those builds.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Yes. I love AMD builds lol. You gonna game at 1440p?

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

Can't wait to see the end product, you don't see enough AMD builds nowadays :D 

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.9 | MB: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: Vengeance RGB @ 3200 | HDD: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb nVME M.2 | GPU: Powercolor 5700XT | CASE: Corsair Crystal X570 | PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower RGB 750W | CPU COOLING: Full Custom EKWB CPU Water Loop | OS: Windows 10 Pro

That's a lot of money spent on an AMD CPU based build. To each their own, exited to see how it looks

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

I don't get AMD builds especially when cheaper and better intel offerings are available...

Good luck with the build though.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Don't like AMD.. But that doesn't mean I don't like the build! Waiting for the end result and goodluck!

The X Desk«BuildLog»

.:Custom Watercooled Desk - Gaming Cave:.

Feel free to take a look, I would highly appreciate it.

I don't get AMD builds especially when cheaper and better intel offerings are available... Good luck with the build though.

remember that there are situations where an 8370 is faster than an i5.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I don't get AMD builds especially when cheaper and better intel offerings are available... Good luck with the build though.

K where's my $130 Intel cpu that out preforms and 8350

Space is pretty awesome.

you want to hear a joke? amd cpus

In the off chance you aren't posting this from a laptop, what cpu do you use that you bought?

Space is pretty awesome.

you want to hear a joke? amd cpus

You wanna hear a joke? People who insult others with the "you wanna hear a joke?"insult.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Don't like AMD.. But that doesn't mean I don't like the build! Waiting for the end result and goodluck!

Dang, xyouneed... You are on every forum on this freaking website! Love it:)

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Ahh a AMD FX build, i always think of them special because their different and not money people have FX cpus. It's even more special if it's like a FX 9xxx cpu. 

Dang, xyouneed... You are on every forum on this freaking website! Love it:)

this is my territory now! (I'm not going outside the buildlogs.. Yet)

The X Desk«BuildLog»

.:Custom Watercooled Desk - Gaming Cave:.

Feel free to take a look, I would highly appreciate it.

for games?

Why do you automatically assume all he's going to do with it is game?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Why do you automatically assume all he's going to do with it is game?

he asked if there was a intel cpu for 130 dollars that outperformed the 8350 , and i said that at least in games that cpu is the i3.

What is your problem?

he asked if there was a intel cpu for 130 dollars that outperformed the 8350 , and i said that at least in games that cpu is the i3.

What is your problem?

Who said I have a problem? I'm just saying assuming it's going to be just for gaming is wrong.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is your problem?

The problem is you have cherry picked an almost three year old game.

It's far broader than F1 2013, sigh.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.