Google reveals new bugs in Windows 7,8.1!

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Unperturbed by Microsoft's objections over public disclosure of bugs in its software, Google has once again pointed out vulnerabilities in Microsoft's Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 platforms.

Under its Project Zero project, Google's second exposure includes two bugs, one of which allows attackers to decrypt data on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices. The other vulnerability enables attackers to access device's power functions impersonating a user. The second bug is supposed to affect only Windows 7.

Specifically, we asked Google to work with us to protect customers by withholding details until Tuesday, January 13, when we will be releasing a fix. Although following through keeps to Google's announced timeline for disclosure, the decision feels less like principles and more like a 'gotcha', with customers the ones who may suffer as a result. What's right for Google is not always right for customers. We urge Google to make protection of customers our collective primary goal, - See more at: http://www.digit.in/software/google-reveals-new-bugs-in-microsofts-windows-7-81-25036.html#sthash.FwjoLEQp.dpuf

post-29727-0-82782400-1421671550.jpeg

What's up with Microsoft? They're actually disappointing me? (are they? :D)

Source: http://www.digit.in/software/google-reveals-new-bugs-in-microsofts-windows-7-81-25036.html

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I'm not sure if this is a good idea. If hackers know of these bugs they'll use them to their advantage.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I'm not sure if this is a good idea. If hackers know of these bugs they'll use them to their advantage.

Microsoft ignores Google when they tell them what bugs there are and they gave them time to fix them.

They didn't so they made them public, a logic decision. That will motivate Microsoft to actually do something.

Microsoft ignores Google when they tell them what bugs there are and they gave them time to fix them.

They didn't so they made them public, a logic decision. That will motivate Microsoft to actually do something.

I suppose, but in the mean time it's like telling everyone that your house is unlocked, which would be a thief's dream.

Standard Google policy.  Fix it within 3 months or we go public.  MS had plenty of time, but they chose to do either nothing or not enough.

just how many lines of code do you think there are in windows it isnt easy to patch things when there are so many lines of code that are connected  if they do something wrong they could brick the os 

Forum Links - COC I FAQ I

I hate MS! and his microsoft, go FREE and open-source with LINUX :)

Bugs? Comunity will eat them! you can learn and help with bugs too :)

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Repost? Come on guys we have been dıscussing this since last week and it was even on the WAN show.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

just how many lines of code do you think there are in windows it isnt easy to patch things when there are so many lines of code that are connected  if they do something wrong they could brick the os 

Whatever be it. Being such a big community and like the most highest OS used in the world, they should have paid attention to that bug right when Google notified them. They chose the wrong path. 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Repost? Come on guys we have been dıscussing this since last week and it was even on the WAN show.

Was it? I don't know. Sorry if this is. Mods please lock/delete it ;)

COMING SOON

If Google wanted to tell Microsoft they should do it without posting it all over the internet for everyone to see. Google knows fine well what they're doing, discrediting Microsoft. Microsoft can't help that these bugs exist, no software is flawless. Android has just as many backdoors and bugs as Microsofts Windows. I love Google and Microsoft but in total honesty I think Google should mind their own damn business.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Lol Microsoft is following Googles approach to bugs, just not fixing them.

Nope, this thread is about different bugs than the one that caused the situation discussed in the WAN show.

I suppose, but in the mean time it's like telling everyone that your house is unlocked, which would be a thief's dream.

Yeah, but it's more like telling everyone your house is unlocked after having told you your house is unlocked and giving you a week to lock it.

// TODO: Update signature to include PC buid.

If Google wanted to tell Microsoft they should do it without posting it all over the internet for everyone to see. Google knows fine well what they're doing, discrediting Microsoft. Microsoft can't help that these bugs exist, no software is flawless. Android has just as many backdoors and bugs as Microsofts Windows. I love Google and Microsoft but in total honesty I think Google should mind their own damn business.

I agree with this.

Yeah, but it's more like telling everyone your house is unlocked after having told you your house is unlocked and giving you a week to lock it.

That's much better than what I said. Nice! ;)

They did tell them without posting it all over the internet.  However MS didn't solve it within a reasonable time frame (3 whole months !!!), so they're now announcing it publicly to force MS to actually get their sh!t together and sort out their mess.

Then you should probably try real fucking hard to lock that door. Nawmsayin.

With MS doing windows 10 I doubt that they will do anything for Win 7, they see it as a incentive to use window 8 or 10.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Then you should probably try real hard to lock that door. Nawmsayin.

LOL. Yes, because I leave all my doors unlocked. #Derp :P JK

Well, hotfixing should really be fast for critical security flaws.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I think ms have enough time in 3 month to fix those bug and I think google is doing the good thing to actually post those but at the said date. Ounce ms will realise google will not just give them more time they will begin to act as those bug are important. it's like when you have a homework to do but you know that you can easily have 1 more week to do it if you ask so you don't do it until one more week. well I think this situation is quite similar