Model Paints And Fans

WolfLeBlack

Afternoon all,

So I've just been away ordering new parts and intend on doing a transplant of my old motherboard to a new case (NZXT H440)

I've ordered up two Noctua BF9s to replace the stock fans on my cheap TX3 cooler, hoping that they'll just quieten it down, and maybe even cool it a tad better.

Anyway, to the point: the new case is white, and I was thinking of simply painting the top and bottom outer edges of the fan's casing in a blood red, just to provide a little colour. What I want to know is whether something like Citadel Paint, used on Warhammer models, would be capable of doing the job, since I've got some pots lying around the place.

Would it be able to handle the temps in the case?

Cheers all,

B

Edit: Sort of like this very terrible 30-second mock-up, but obviously better. I hope:

nf-b9-redux-1600-x2-large.jpg

Afternoon all,

So I've just been away ordering new parts and intend on doing a transplant of my old motherboard to a new case (NZXT H440)

I've ordered up two Noctua BF9s to replace the stock fans on my cheap TX3 cooler, hoping that they'll just quieten it down, and maybe even cool it a tad better.

Anyway, to the point: the new case is white, and I was thinking of simply painting the top and bottom outer edges of the fan's casing in a blood red, just to provide a little colour. What I want to know is whether something like Citadel Paint, used on Warhammer models, would be capable of doing the job, since I've got some pots lying around the place.

Cheers all,

B

Edit: Sort of like this very terrible 30-second mock-up, but obviously better. I hope:

-PIC-

That should not be a problem espically with heat since those paints are usually an acrylic or an enamel which can sustain fairly high heats which a fan won't encounter. The only thing that would be slight better is spray paint since you will be able to get a smoother more even finish around the edge compres to a paint brush.

Afternoon all,

Cheers all,

B

nf-b9-redux-1600-x2-large.jpg

Citadel paint is good for model but not for general components, i would use spray paint.