[SATIRE] A new operating system aims to rid the tech world of its toxic misogyny and patriarchy

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

take a journey into the mind of the SJW as we explore their GitHub page

You mean to say that you read through the whole thing and still didn't realize it's satire?

I mean it's really spot on satire and good satire should be hard to distinguish from the real thing, but come on... 'the only operation that a user can do with their privilege is to check it'.

I bet if Anita and those other tumblrina's saw this, they'd have multiple orgasms over how much equality there is in the OS.

This will probably the buggiest version of any OS in existence.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

God these women are so stupid. They give us a bad name.

its a joke get over yourself

I found it mildly amusing, too bad feminisem has such a bad name since all it was originally intended to be was for equal rights for woman and to through off the  high social expectations that were placed on them at the time (meaning late 1960's  through the 1970's)

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

its a joke get over yourself

I found it mildly amusing, too bad feminisem has such a bad name since all it was originally intended to be was for equal rights for woman and to through off the  high social expectations that were placed on them at the time (meaning late 1960's  through the 1970's)

It didn't read off as a "joke" and I am not the only one who obviously thought so, especially since "SATIRE" was not in the title beforehand.

So kindly piss off. ;)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Feminists are not liberals. They're self-serving fascists of the worst order. Their idea of the state simply is identity as a woman.

Meh, same principle really, "agree or you're a(n) *insert ad hominem here*"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Feminists are not liberals. They're self-serving fascists of the worst order. Their idea of the state simply is identity as a woman.

Feminist is a broad array of people. Only the small vocal minority could be counted as that.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

It didn't read off as a "joke" and I am not the only one who obviously thought so, especially since "SATIRE" was not in the title beforehand.

So kindly piss off. ;)

Yeah it is getting harder and harder to tell over the top satire apart from crazy people like Anita.

Yeah it is getting harder and harder to tell over the top satire apart from crazy people like Anita.

It really is. It felt like something these people would honestly do.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Holy shit guys. 4 pages almost exclusively ranting about "dumb feminists" in a completely made up story, even after I gave a fucking source on the first page revealing it to be satire.

No wonder you think so little of women when you so easily believe obvious bullshit like this...

Holy shit guys. 4 pages almost exclusively ranting about "dumb feminists" in a completely made up story, even after I gave a fucking source on the first page revealing it to be satire.

No wonder you think so little of women when you so easily believe obvious bullshit like this...

1. Title wasn't even edited until midway through page 2 or 3. OP content does not read off as a joke at all.
  2. You are not the OP. Not everyone is going to dig through the first page for other posters' content, especially after an EDIT was made to them, so calm the fack down and get off the high horse.
  3. Don't accuse me of that bullshit.

1. Title wasn't even edited until midway through page 2 or 3. OP content does not read off as a joke at all.
  2. You are not the OP. Not everyone is going to dig through the first page for other posters' content, especially after an EDIT was made to them, so calm the fack down and get off the high horse.
  3. Don't accuse me of that bullshit.

The title wasn't edited when I made the post I'm referring to. The OP content reads like a complete joke. So much so that I googled it before flying off into a blind rage and the first result was an article (which I linked to) calling it satire.

So many people flew off the handle without even the slightest fact checking here.

The title wasn't edited when I made the post I'm referring to. The OP content reads like a complete joke. So much so that I googled it before flying off into a blind rage and the first result was an article (which I linked to) calling it satire.

So many people flew off the handle without even the slightest fact checking here.

Your point being what? That people, when not properly informed that something is fake, and led to believe that something is true, will react as though it were?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Okay.

So you attack the people here for "flying off the handle" for this and yet you freak out/flew off the handle when people didn't see your post edit confirming the story false and accuse us of thinking little of women? How does that make sense?  We expect the OP to be accurate and no, it didn't read off as a complete joke. These feminists we are talking about really believe this level of crazy and go about preaching it everywhere they go. So again, no, it didn't read off as a complete joke.

Your point being what? That people, when not properly informed that something is fake, and led to believe that something is true, will react as though it were?

Is the concept of fact checking and verifying before raging and ranting about something something that is complete hear say so alien to you? In a world where Google and Snopes exist and are so accessible, no that doesn't wash.

Okay.

So you attack the people here for "flying off the handle" for this and yet you freak out/flew off the handle when people didn't see your post edit confirming the story false and accuse us of thinking little of women? How does that make sense?  We expect the OP to be accurate and no, it didn't read off as a complete joke. These feminists we are talking about really believe this level of crazy and go about preaching it everywhere they go. So again, no, it didn't read off as a complete joke.

They shouldn't have had to read my post. The OP was hilariously ridiculous, it was obviously a joke, whether or not OP themselves took it as such.

"These feminists", it's been established, don't exist. The OP was a fabrication. We've been through this.

They shouldn't have had to read my post. The OP was hilariously ridiculous, it was obviously a joke, whether or not OP themselves took it as such.

"These feminists", it's been established, don't exist. The OP was a fabrication. We've been through this.

Your initial rage against us was for not seeing your edit confirming the story to be a fabrication ("even after I gave a fucking source on the first page revealing it to be satire."). And again, no, it doesn't. Evident to the fact that so many people did not see it as a joke.

"These feminists" exist whether or not the OP's story was a joke. "These feminists" I was referring to are the crazy people accusing all gamers of being sexist, racist and the like while forcing every ounce of "equality" they can into everything they can. We have seen and read the shit that they say and do, and the OP pretty much matches up to what they say and do. So whether or not you remove those blindfolds, they exist.

But okay, you done here, pal? Leave us to stew in our low opinions of women in peace, will you?

Your initial rage against us was for not seeing your edit confirming the story to be a fabrication ("even after I gave a fucking source on the first page revealing it to be satire."). And again, no, it doesn't. Evident to the fact that so many people did not see it as a joke.

"These feminists" exist whether or not the OP's story was a joke. "These feminists" I was referring to are the crazy people accusing all gamers of being sexist, racist and the like while forcing every ounce of "equality" they can into everything they can. We have seen and read the shit that they say and do, and the OP pretty much matches up to what they say and do. So whether or not you remove those blindfolds, they exist.

But okay, you done here, pal? Leave us to stew in our low opinions of women in peace, will you?

"Even after", I said. "Even after". The "even" implies additional information was available. I'm not the one in a rage. I'm the one who has lost respect for a forum dedicated to technology, but comprised of people who cannot or will not google when faced with something highly dubious. You would be a lot less angry if you checked the facts you were riling against, that's for sure.

And you seem to be taking my comments personally. I was referring to four whole pages, which you were only a part of. Have you considered that the most woman-hating posts in this thread weren't your own?

If tumblr has taught me anything it's that there is so much shit made up, both in favour and against feminism, and so much shit being flung from both sides of that particular argument that it's not worth spending any emotion over unless you've actually verified anything. Most of the more extreme voices on either end are straw-puppets made by the other side of the argument.

Like I said before, it is becoming increasingly difficult to tell "obvious jokes" apart from serious yet ridiculous stuff. The concept of a "programming language designed to follow feminist logic" was a serious suggestion from someone calling themselves a feminist.

I agree that people should look into it before reacting. When I saw this my reaction was "no way... I better look into this" but not everyone has the time or will to double check everything they read. If something is presented to them as real then you can't blame them for thinking it is real.

And please stop with the "you think so little of women" and "you hate women!" bullshit. I don't see anyone here blaming all women. Even the posts who lashed out were only mad at "pseudo feminists" and they are a very tiny group of people which consists of men and women (and everything in between).

Like I said before, it is becoming increasingly difficult to tell "obvious jokes" apart from serious yet ridiculous stuff. The concept of a "programming language designed to follow feminist logic" was a serious suggestion from someone calling themselves a feminist.

I agree that people should look into it before reacting. When I saw this my reaction was "no way... I better look into this" but not everyone has the time or will to double check everything they read. If something is presented to them as real then you can't blame them for thinking it is real.

And please stop with the "you think so little of women" and "you hate women!" bullshit. I don't see anyone here blaming all women. Even the posts who lashed out were only mad at "pseudo feminists" and they are a very tiny group of people which consists of men and women (and everything in between).

It was the first result on Google if you just search "ToleranUX". The first. I don't understand the scenario of someone no having time to just google one word, but having time to write a page worth of ranting about how angry this made them. The amount of anger people felt for this obvious piss-take seems to stem for extreme bias in the individuals. Hence my comments about those individuals' esteem of women.

As I have said before, these ridiculous examples are nearly always strawmen invented to discredit the idea that having more women in STEM and more varied character design might not be terrible things.

"Even after", I said. "Even after". The "even" implies additional information was available. I'm not the one in a rage. I'm the one who has lost respect for a forum dedicated to technology, but comprised of people who cannot or will not google when faced with something highly dubious. You would be a lot less angry if you checked the facts you were riling against, that's for sure.

And you seem to be taking my comments personally. I was referring to four whole pages, which you were only a part of. Have you considered that the most woman-hating posts in this thread weren't your own?

Whatever, I'm not going to circle-jerk whether or not the OP is an obvious joke. Believe what you will. Oh, and you aren't the one in a rage? You don't consider this being in a rage? Well okay then...

I am apart of the people in this thread, so of course I am taking it as you referring to me as well. Which is ridiculous considering as a woman I haven't seen anything like what you claim exists in this thread at all.  e.i, there were no "anti woman" posts.

Obvious joke was obvious. As I continue to say, don't post shit about feminism on LTT, it's like poking an ant hive (gamergate) full of idiotic rage.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

4716371841_tolerant_liberals_answer_7_xl

Tolerance is not the same as agreement. It's a nice little fallacy you use there, but no. I wonder why I ever gave you the benefit of the doubt in understanding the meaning of words.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

So kindly piss off. ;)

hey fair enough I did come off rather rude so I do apologize

anyways you are right it comes off as rather serious until you start really getting into the details

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

hey fair enough I did come off rather rude so I do apologize

anyways you are right it comes off as rather serious until you start really getting into the details

It is all cool, don't worry about it. ^_^

Meh, same principle really, "agree or you're a(n) *insert ad hominem here*"

Typical conservative answer when you have no leg to stand on.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd