Choosing between the 6 and 6+

Before I start, if you're one of those android users that like to "blag" on apple users, I suggest you leave this thread.

So my upgrade is due soon and I can't decide between the iPhone 6 and 6+, yes they're both the same specs wise and only difference is the battery and the Optical Image Stabilization, 1920x1080p display on the 6+. Now, I like phones to have a large battery, but is the iPhone 6 really a step up from the iPhone 4S/5S in terms of battery life/performance? The 5S and 6 is only a 240mAh difference, not that big of a jump.

now here are the pros and cons of both of the phones to me

iPhone 6-

Pros-

• can fit into my pocket easily
  • cheaper contract

Cons-

• smaller battery than 6+
  • not a 1920x1080p display
  • still the same 326ppi as predecessor 

iPhone 6 PLUS-

Pros-

• large battery
  • brilliant display at 1920x1080
  • 401ppi

Cons-

• size is big, might not fit into some of my pocket
  • a case makes it bigger
  • more expensive contract than 6

In conclusion, i still cant decide between the two. I like having a decent sized phone, but i want a larger battery at the same time. i'm kinda leaning more towards the 6, but i just wanna see what you guys have to say.

Any of you guys with a 6 or 6 PLUS, how do you feel about them?

Thanks,

Sean.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Android.

I'd prefer to go with a phone that doesn't bend in my pocket.

If your decision on the two is set in stone, get the 6.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Go with the 6, it is the perfect size and fits my hands easily.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Android.

Android phones bend too y'know. The 6 is also not as bendy as the 6+.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Android.

If your decision on the two is set in stone, get the 6.

i dont really like android as i find them a bit confusing, and i like the simplicity of apple more.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

The CAT B15 doesnt...

LOL I have never heard of this thing

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Android phones bend too y'know. The 6 is also not as bendy as the 6+.

Yes, but not anywhere near how badly the 6+ bends.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Yes, but not anywhere near how badly the 6+ bends.

Fair enough. I have no clue why the 6+ is an option for anyone anyway, it's just so rachet.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

i dont know why everyone is saying 6, but the 6+ is the better choice, the 1080p screen and better battery is just a no-brainer

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

My mom, step dad have a Note 3 and a S5. My dad and step mom both have the Iphone 6+. they picked it up on the first day. And because of all the hassle, I was stuck in a apple store for 4 hours. Im a hardcore android fan, and lets just say those 4 hours converted me. 

After playing with both extensively, Id take the iphone 6+. and i have baby hands. Im tossed up between that and the lg g flex 2. My dad has a slimish case on his iphone 6+, and a glass screen protector, and the phone is solid. anyone that will say it will bend is full of crap and is just apple hating.

I really like big phones and good battery time so I would go for the 6+ but it might be a little inconvenient when you often are in situations when you can't hold it with 2 hands. 

6+ is worth getting if you can comfortably hold it. 

OIS, higher res, bigger battery are just some of the bonuses. 

If I had the iphone 5, i would not pick up a 6

but I would consider the 6+.

Just take the 6, what's even the point of having a phone you can't put away properly?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

My mom, step dad have a Note 3 and a S5. My dad and step mom both have the Iphone 6+. they picked it up on the first day. And because of all the hassle, I was stuck in a apple store for 4 hours. Im a hardcore android fan, and lets just say those 4 hours converted me. 

After playing with both extensively, Id take the iphone 6+. and i have baby hands. Im tossed up between that and the lg g flex 2. My dad has a slimish case on his iphone 6+, and a glass screen protector, and the phone is solid. anyone that will say it will bend is full of crap and is just apple hating.

Note 3 and S5 use a terrible samsung UI, ever tried stock android or third-party launchers on android?

If you haven't, you should just take a look at it specificly custom launchers, maybe the one that are based on iPhones, it might be intresting because it changes the way you interact with your phone in a big way :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Note 3 and S5 use a terrible samsung UI, ever tried stock android or third-party launchers on android?

If you haven't, you should just take a look at it specificly custom launchers, maybe the one that are based on iPhones, it might be intresting because it changes the way you interact with your phone in a big way :P

yup, using a stock android rom on my s4, I love the different interfaces and everything, but nothing is as smooth as Ios. Not my stock android, not the powerhouse of a note 4. 

yup, using a stock android rom on my s4, I love the different interfaces and everything, but nothing is as smooth as Ios. Not my stock android, not the powerhouse of a note 4. 

The roms for the s4 aren't really the smoothest out there, about the note 4 no idea, but it's probably also terrible. Maybe when the warranty is gone you can try custom roms, it could really change how smooth the phone feels. I don't buy an android phone anymore that doesn't have good custom roms for it because they are just so much better :P

The roms for the s4 aren't really the smoothest out there, about the note 4 no idea, but it's probably also terrible. Maybe when the warranty is gone you can try custom roms, it could really change how smooth the phone feels. I don't buy an android phone anymore that doesn't have good custom roms for it because they are just so much better :P

I only have a custom rom on my s4. its smooth at times, but hitches. my friend has the note 4, and on stock its not as smooth as a iphone, yet its supposedly so powerful

I only have a custom rom on my s4. its smooth at times, but hitches. my friend has the note 4, and on stock its not as smooth as a iphone, yet its supposedly so powerful

The stock stuff is terribe because it's bloated with a lot of samsung nonsense. It's indeed powerful but the rom is so heavy it makes everything feel laggy. It's like the vista for phones :P Moto G is actually smoother because the rom really stock like it should be without any bloatware on it.

if you run a custom rom that hitches, you should keep searching until you find one that's perfect, it took me also a while before i found a good one for my S advance? But eventually you will get a nice one :D

You can't go wrong with either iPhones, or even the 5s. 

Reasons for 6:

Pretty much the fastest smartphone on the market, excellent battery life/power consumption, IPS display, pretty much guaranteed updates for 4 years, accessories are easy to find.

6+:

huge display, big battery, better camera, same as the 6

5s:

still one of the fastest phones (only snapdragon 805 is faster than it, technically), good battery life, easy to operate with one hand, still has one of the better cameras, only marginally slower than the A8 in the 6 and 6+(the same chip was used in the iPad Air that powered a higher resolution display)