MS polling about a PC Killer Instinct port

deathjester

http://shoryuken.com/2014/12/10/microsoft-gathering-community-opinions-on-porting-killer-instinct-to-pc/

"Microsoft Studios creative director Adam Isgreen recently took to the official Killer Instinct forums to consolidate a number of threads centered around discussion of a possible PC port, even going as far to put together a poll to gauge the community’s reception to the idea."

Perhaps more interesting? MS employee posted this. X and 1 in the logo.

GiedmqT.jpg

https://twitter.com/soumow

Personally I think they wouldn't bother polling unless KI was already coming. The better question? How would the cross play be done on KI? GFWL2? Xbox Live on PC (good luck getting a sub fee for what has always been free on PC)? Guess we will find out the 19th.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I just want Forza. Come on ya bunch of slags give it us.

Yeah, a 60 FPS Forza is literally the ONLY game I could care less about from MS. Don't think I would pay a sub fee for it though. Would rather they just kept the price high (same as a console). Hell I would rather pay a 5-10 dollar premium than a sub fee. I hate sub fees. I already have enough in my life lol.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Yeah, a 60 FPS Forza is literally the ONLY game I could care less about from MS. Don't think I would pay a sub fee for it though. Would rather they just kept the price high (same as a console). Hell I would rather pay a 5-10 dollar premium than a sub fee. I hate sub fees. I already have enough in my life lol.

I would also like Halo but that's just for the nostalgia of Halo 3.

I just want Forza. Come on ya bunch of slags give it us.

play assetto corsa, people have already ripped majority of its content 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

What about horizon? With Rockstar not making another midnight club right now and TDU3 not announced, I need my open world racing fix,(NFS doesn't count)

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

What about horizon? With Rockstar not making another midnight club right now and TDU3 not announced, I need my open world racing fix,(NFS doesn't count)

Actually playing that right now lel. Love dat capri.

Meanwhile all we can get out of the bastards is a halo mouse for PC....because reasons.

Someone please smack these jackasses in the back of the head....with a sledgehammer

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

but you see, assetto corsa is a simulator. what i want, is a semi simulator.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I'm not interested since it's a fighting game but it would be smart for them if they want a Killer Instinct community to exist in 2 years. That ain't going to happen on Xbone.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

But progression.

fair play but pc racing games are mostly serious, the big ones that is which is Assetto corsa, iracing, rfactor 2, game stock car etc. I guess you have the crew hahaah

but you see, assetto corsa is a simulator. what i want, is a semi simulator.

gris autosport, realistic turning mod, there is a semi sim mod for every grid game.

i guess you have the crew *vomits

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

fair play but pc racing games are mostly serious, the big ones that is which is Assetto corsa, iracing, rfactor 2, game stock car etc. I guess you have the crew hahaah

gris autosport, realistic turning mod, there is a semi sim mod for every grid game.

i guess you have the crew *vomits

I understand that but i'm not the type of person to try and lap a track trying the take a second of each lap, more the type to buy cars and race them with 1st being the only goal. I think shift 2 was close but the handling is really idk floaty i guess.

I heard that it's pretty good, so yes please! I also hope that they'll do cross-platform multiplayer, like SF5 is apparently doing. I really like this recent trend of console exclusives coming to PC after a while, even if they're not perfect ports the experience is usually still better than the original.

I understand that but i'm not the type of person to try and lap a track trying the take a second of each lap, more the type to buy cars and race them with 1st being the only goal. I think shift 2 was close but the handling is really idk floaty i guess.

what you want is a sim racer with arcade user interface, i believe only gran turismo meets that, its got arcade physics until you use a wheel. ffb is always better on pc but gt is the only game that comes to mind.

Listen if you care.

Don't get your hopes up.  The moderator posted today that the poll was just for forum moderation.  There is no plan to port KI to PC.

http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=5801.90

Just so we are clear, here is how that thread got to be what it was. 

Long ago we had a thread about a pc port, much later a user posted another thread with a poll asking for input on whether "PC or not PC"... as the thread progressed it became clear that people from r/pcmasterrace and other sites were voting just to troll the forum and the poll was removed. 

Shortly after, Adam merged a number of newer PC port related posts into the old original post and set up another poll to replace the one that was removed. At no point was this in any way some kind of official "We are looking to do this you tell us what you think"... It was simply forum moderation.

All that hype on the news sites was pure
 hyperbole.

The official word is and has been, "There are no plans for a PC port at this time."

I really like this recent trend of console exclusives coming to PC after a while, even if they're not perfect ports the experience is usually still better than the original.

I don't, they should be released at the same time for both platforms.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

What about this other one though, heard good things plus Corsa and Forza sound close enough:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/

It's more of a sim and i care about the actual progression of going from basically a crappy hatchback to a Pagani Zonda or P1 ETC. Assetto corsa may be more realistic but that doesn't inherently mean its more fun.

It's more of a sim and i care about the actual progression of going from basically a crappy hatchback to a Pagani Zonda or P1 ETC. Assetto corsa may be more realistic but that doesn't inherently mean its more fun.

Well I am having a ton of fun with Euro Truck Simulator, best 5 bucks I've spend on steam this past sales

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't, they should be released at the same time for both platforms.

Sony or Microsoft usually pay quite a bit to get a timed exclusive, if such a deal is in place the game simply won't be out on all platforms at the same time. First party titles are even worse in that regard, there's basically no hope for them ever getting a release on PC. If developers can make some extra money through that kind of deal, helping the development of the game, then I'm fine with waiting. Heck, look at Bayonetta 2. That game is technically not a first party exclusive, but it would have never been made if it wasn't for Nintendo.

the team who made the TDU3 is disappeared after Eden games went busted, but the developer created a new studio called Ivory Tower.

They created The Crew, that actually follows TDU in terms of large unrestricted area, arcadeish driving and amazing style of places.

I am a fan of TDU1, okay with TDU 2, in love with The Crew, that is basically the TDU3

I'm not interested since it's a fighting game but it would be smart for them if they want a Killer Instinct community to exist in 2 years. That ain't going to happen on Xbone.

but the community in  PC fighting games at launch is so much smaller than even old fighting games on console.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R