Working hard for Intel.

I/O

Well sorry guys that I could not bless you with my presence but I have been working like a dog to pay for christams gifts and this IMG_20150101_191230562_zpsaf461373.jpg Bam that's right i went to Intel and got the Z97X platform with an i5 4690K and I have got to tell ya it's majic comming from my shit AMD Phenom II x4 955 LOL.

Games that now run @ 60fps tested so far

Max Payne 3

Metal Gear Solid GZs

The Elder Scrolls III and V

Battlefeild BC 2 and BF3

RAGE

Far Cry 3

and many more I am sure but have not had the time to play yet. I am glad to be part of the Intel Master Race !

Weren't you the guy that was anti-Intel and anti-Nvidia... Yes. Yes you were.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

comes a time in life where you have no choice but to face the facts and act like a grown man i guess!

@I/O thumbs up and enjoy!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Once I did the math at checkout I had an awakening. Why was I about to pay more for some shit AMD FX platform when I can have the best from Intel for the same money LOL. and I just was sick of being an AMD peasent.

comes a time in life where you have no choice but to face the facts and act like a grown man i guess!

*There. ;)

Either way, welcome to the Intel mustard race.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Metal Gear Solid was running @ 30 to 45 fps max on the Phenom II x4 955 and now after the Intel swap it runs @ 60fps min LOL. I have come to understand that it is the CPU that delivers the performance and the GPU that dictates the image quality.

So AMD is shit now? Considering the 8350 is worse than a X4 phenom.

So AMD is shit now? Considering the 8350 is worse than a X4 phenom.

AMD has been shit since the Athlon64 single core days in 2005 when they were wctually allot faster and better than Intel. That was a long time ago.

Once I did the math at checkout I had an awakening. Why was I about to pay more for some shit AMD FX platform when I can have the best from Intel for the same money LOL. and I just was sick of being an AMD peasent.

How's the performance outside of games compared to your last processor?

How's the performance outside of games compared to your last processor?

Percivabley the same cause I am still on 4GB single channel ram. 8GB Dual channel Domminator GT 1600 kit is on order. Cinebench runs allot faster but I am not the type to place value on the synthtic bencmarks. I think the 8GB high speed ram kit will relly wake windows up though. The Intel platform is much more stable and just works better all around though. An example is when installing windows 8.1 from a USB stick on my old AMD platform it would take 30mins before it would even detect the USB and now it's detected instantanously. USB 3.0 is very nice.

Percivabley the same cause I am still on 4GB single channel ram. 8GB Dual channel Domminator GT 1600 kit is on order. Cinebench runs allot faster but I am not the type to place value on the synthtic bencmarks. I think the 8GB high speed ram kit will relly wake windows up though. The Intel platform is much more stable and just works better all around though. An example is when installing windows 8.1 from a USB stick on my old AMD platform it would take 30mins before it would even detect the USB and now it's detected instantanously. USB 3.0 is very nice.

you know what really wakes up windows? having it installed on an SSD :P

the bottleneck to your system's OS and programs will always be the 20+ years old tech within it called: a mechanical hard drive.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

the bottleneck to your system OS and programs will always be the 20+ years old tech within it called a mechanical hard drive.

Of course I have windows on an SSD LOL.

the bottleneck to your system's OS and programs will always be the 20+ years old tech within it called: a mechanical hard drive.

Lol, I did that with my OC rig, and now I know the CPU wasn't causing the computer to run slowly.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I went over to TH forums for a little fun LOL. Those morons were trying to get me to buy an AMD FX CPU cause they say more cores are better LOL. They go around pumping up AMD FX CPUs around there then some poor bloke buys it based on the AMD fanboys recomendations and misinformation and then they are right back on the forms complaining that the new AMD FX rig is slow and hot etc LOL.

I went over to TH forums for a little fun LOL. Those morons were trying to get me to buy an AMD FX CPU cause they say more cores are better LOL. They go around pumping up AMD FX CPUs around there then some porr bloke buys it based on the AMD fanboys recomendations and misinformation and then they are right back on the forms complaining that the new AMD FX rig is slow and hot etc LOL.

Hmm, I'm thinking of kicking the hornets nest and showing my E8500 beating the shit out of an FX 8350 at the same clock speeds. That would burst their bubbles.

PMSL

Hmm, I'm thinking of kicking the hornets nest and showing my E8500 beating the shit out of an FX 8350 at the same clock speeds. That would burst their bubbles.

Well I don't think the old Core 2 Duo will beat out an AMD FX chip but the new Pentium G3258 does pity the hell out of the FX 8350.

Well I don't think the old Core 2 Duo will beat out an AMD FX chip but the new Pentium G3258 does pity the hell out of the FX 8350.

MOPS on a single core is what I'm talking about, and I recently saw a Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz that managed to get lower minimum FPS in Crysis 3 with a GTX 970 than my E8500 at 4.05GHz.

PMSL

AMD has been shit since the Athlon64 single core days in 2005 when they were wctually allot faster and better than Intel. That was a long time ago.

That 8350 would have just performed as good as your Phenom x4, hardly an upgrade.

That 8350 would have just performed as good as your Phenom x4, hardly an upgrade.

LOL the old Phenom II Denieb cores actually had stronger per core performance than AMD FX has today LOL. That's why in games you see the high end Phenom II x4 980 and and Phenom II x6 CPUs getting simlar or even better performance than some AMD FX shit LOL.

-snip-

I said I am not a fanboy and I proved it. I put thy money were my mouth is and bought the best for the money. No no I am not a troll friend.

Have fun with your hated components!

"an obvious supporter of privacy"