I'm creating my own Smartwatch, what would you love to have about your smartwatch?

Hey everyone, I'm currently working on this amazing project & I would really love to hear what you guys seek in a smart device that you guys would love to have & what features do you guys wish to see in your smart devices?

Leave a comment below & let me know!

Hey everyone, I'm currently working on this amazing project & I would really love to hear what you guys seek in a smart device that you guys would love to have & what features do you guys wish to see in your smart devices?

Leave a comment below & let me know!

Perfect Smartwatch - Classic watch design, with classic watch strap (interchangeable with off the shelf watch straps)

At least a few days of not a week battery life

Decent notifications

microphone for voice control of phone

sensors for fitness/gps maps etc

something like that I guess

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Something that doesn't looklike a smartwatch, so when you walk past someone they don't think you are a nerd because you have a god damn screen on your hand

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Mechanical movement, translucent touch screen on the face, material design UI, shatterproofing, scratchproofing, IP certified water and dustproofing, swappable wristbands, metal construction...

basically, add a translucent touchscreen and connectivity to this:

SKX007J1_LRG.jpg

I'd like something that's more low profile. The existing ones are all pretty bulky. 

Compatibility with standard watch straps is a big plus. A good looking OS is essential too. The Moto 360's OS looks fantastic, but with improved functionality it would be much much better. 

Gestures on the lock screen would be fantastic. Something like two finger swipe to change song would be extremely useful. 

Wireless charging would make charging much easier and harder to forget. 

To be honest, I wouldn't want microphones on it. Being able to accept and reject calls is enough for me, I'm not going to be talking into the watch. 

I expect to be able to teleport with it.

#BeamMeUpScotty

:P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

1. Shows time,
  2. Send to voicemail,
  3. Notifications,
  4. Looks like a normal watch.

That would be my ideal smartwatch.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Perfect Smartwatch - Classic watch design, with classic watch strap (interchangeable with off the shelf watch straps)

At least a few days of not a week battery life

Decent notifications

microphone for voice control of phone

sensors for fitness/gps maps etc

something like that I guess

We already have that at hand, we are more concern for it's performance & Battery life that will beat all other competitors in the market. 

Something that doesn't looklike a smartwatch, so when you walk past someone they don't think you are a nerd because you have a god damn screen on your hand

We thought of making a band version which will turn out pretty insane cool. We are still working on it's design.

Mechanical movement, translucent touch screen on the face, material design UI, shatterproofing, scratchproofing, IP certified water and dustproofing, swappable wristbands, metal construction...

basically, add a translucent touchscreen and connectivity to this:

SKX007J1_LRG.jpg

We are building something that's digital based, analog idea will be something we will work on later. Thank you for your awesome feedback!

I'd like something that's more low profile. The existing ones are all pretty bulky. 

Compatibility with standard watch straps is a big plus. A good looking OS is essential too. The Moto 360's OS looks fantastic, but with improved functionality it would be much much better. 

Gestures on the lock screen would be fantastic. Something like two finger swipe to change song would be extremely useful. 

Wireless charging would make charging much easier and harder to forget. 

To be honest, I wouldn't want microphones on it. Being able to accept and reject calls is enough for me, I'm not going to be talking into the watch. 

We have something better at hand that just accepting & rejecting calls. It's gonna be more than that. 

I expect to be able to teleport with it.

#BeamMeUpScotty

:P

That could happen only if living organism is able to survive the jump in time & space travel. Haha

I'd like a smartwatch that would actually be smart. In order for it to be smart it would have to be a sentient being but alas, not even our current understanding of technology is able to reproduce the phenomenon we experience which is true feeling. 

and i'd also like it to cost tree fiddy

~Just the tips

The only good human being is a dead human being. 

I5 4690K MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G MSI Z97 GAMING 5 G.SKILL RIPJAWS X 2X8GB 1600MHZ CL10 CORSAIR CX750M CRUCIAL MX100 512GB 2X WD BLUE 1TB CORSAIR 300R BENQ RL2455HM ♦ WIN 8.1 PRO ♦ UBUNTU 14.04

That could happen only if a living organism is able to survive the jump in time & space travel. Haha

Haha, true! *steps into TARDIS* :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

What would convince me to buy one:

1) clear display of time, giving me the choice of analog or digital formats

2) Ideally it should be solar powered, however I could live with recharging it once a month if having it solar powered is impossible atm.

3) visible in the dark, but not bright enough to bother me in my sleep (I wear my watch ALL the time, even while sleeping)

4) should receive notifications from my phone, but only display a small indicator when a notification is available. Then allow me to make it show the notification with one touch/motion.

5) should be 150$ or less.

6) should have a solid and reliable wristband, preferably made of metal

7) should be waterproof

8) if possible it should allow me to use it as a microphone/speaker for my phone, that way I can make a phone call without pulling the phone out of my pocket (handy while driving or when in a hurry)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Mechanical and sleek is what I ask for

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Make it overclock able to will we can play 1440p ultra crysis 3

What would convince me to buy one:

1) clear display of time, giving me the choice of analog or digital formats

2) Ideally it should be solar powered, however I could live with recharging it once a month if having it solar powered is impossible atm.

3) visible in the dark, but not bright enough to bother me in my sleep (I wear my watch ALL the time, even while sleeping)

4) should receive notifications from my phone, but only display a small indicator when a notification is available. Then allow me to make it show the notification with one touch/motion.

5) should be 150$ or less.

6) should have a solid and reliable wristband, preferably made of metal

7) should be waterproof

8) if possible it should allow me to use it as a microphone/speaker for my phone, that way I can make a phone call without pulling the phone out of my pocket (handy while driving or when in a hurry)

Thank you for your great feedback! We are still under discussion of all the issues stated & quite frankly it will cost more than 200+ with everything packed into a tiny package. 

Mechanical and sleek is what I ask for

We are currently putting that idea in the shelf till we finish evaluating & to create a physical digital based prototype.

Make it overclock able to will we can play 1440p ultra crysis 3

That's something that me & my team is thinking about for our future product, as for now people aren't ready for this type of technology & the cost will be too great to bear for average users.

I want mine to shoot lasers.

Just attach a mobile laser pen on your current digital watch? =D

Thank you for your great feedback! We are still under discussion of all the issues stated & quite frankly it will cost more than 200+ with everything packed into a tiny package. 

We are currently putting that idea in the shelf till we finish evaluating & to create a physical digital based prototype.

That's something that me & my team is thinking about for our future product, as for now people aren't ready for this type of technology & the cost will be too great to bear for average users.

Just attach a mobile laser pen on your current digital watch? =D

If it has a main button, I think like a glow in the dark edges would be cool, a audio port would be awesome, so it can be like an ipod. Lots of charging options. Custom ISO friendliness is cool too. Easy to take apart/reassemble.

See? I contribute... sometimes...

quite frankly it will cost more than 200+ with everything packed into a tiny package. 

Yeah I was expecting that ^^ unfortunately I just don't think smartwatches are cheap enough at the moment. Not saying no effort is put in making them as cheap as possible though, perhaps the technology just isn't ready yet. Still, if you can get most of those features on it I'm sure a lot of people will be interested even at a higher price. I tend to cheap out on this kind of thing because if I had 250$ lying around I would probably spend them on gimping my desktop instead  ;) most people won't reason that way...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*