PlayStation Now launching 13th January in North America:

Tacitus

What kind of internet do you need to have for enjoyable experience ?

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

What kind of internet do you need to have for enjoyable experience ?

Users will need a steady broadband internet connection ranging between 5-12 Mbps

Source:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/07/playstation-tv-the-ultimate-faq-2/

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

thats pretty interesting, wonder when its due to expand to other regions

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I don't care.

I want to put my The Last of Us disc into the system and play it, not pay a ridiculous amount a month to play titles I already own. But I guess that is too hard for them to do.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

If they can include ps2/ps1 games I'd totally subscribe and get a ps4 and a vita. 

I don't care.

I want to put my The Last of Us disc into the system and play it, not pay a ridiculous amount a month to play titles I already own. But I guess that is too hard for them to do.

that's good and all, but I have a PS4, and not any older console, and there's a few things I'd not mind playing. I might get Uncharted 4, so playing the older ones might be nice, for instance, provided it reaches Europe soon.

If they can include ps2/ps1 games I'd totally subscribe and get a ps4 and a vita. 

That'd be great too, I'd love to see some real backward compatibility as a result of this.

I want to play ps2/1 games as well, if I already have a ps4, why would I want to play ps3 games?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Cos there is a lot of them and most, if not all are better than anything PS4 has to offer?

Yeah there are more games for the ps3 than the ps4 but for me its not worth it but I'm sure for some this will be a good deal. 

And no, ps4 games are superior (take bf4, gta 5 as two new games for both platforms, or the last of us, the infamous series, far cry series, assassins creeed series...the ps4 has better peformance=better looking graphics etc.)

I'm not willing to subscribe to anything haha nothing to do with sony I just dont like the concept.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

5-12 Mbits. That means don't bother if you don't have 20 minimum.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I really hope this doesn't become a thing.

What? Why would you not want an optional service to play old games?

If I want better performance, I'll get the PC versions.

I don't think this service is any good, but PS3 is very cheap now and it's games are widely available, so paying someone NOT to own the games is just silly. Especially at that price. Maybe if it was like $5 it might be worth it, but even then...

Yeah getting a previous gen console is a really good deal for the poor gamers among us

$19.99 (One month) x 12 = 239.88

$44.99 (3 months) x 4 = 179.96

Still not even a bad price.

In fact the pricing is actually pretty good compared to typical rental services. Providing a game is around $60 on release, you get access to over 100 for a year for the price of three brand new release titles.

For the yearly (12 months) or quarterly (3 months) price i'd rather buy a physical copy or download (to a HDD or SSD) a copy of the game. Internet goes or, or I go someplace that doesn't have (or allow internet use) I can still play the game(s).

For the yearly (12 months) or quarterly (3 months) price i'd rather buy a physical copy or download (to a HDD or SSD) a copy of the game. Internet goes or, or I go someplace that doesn't have (or allow internet use) I can still play the game(s).

You get access to all the games, not just one game. It's like Netflix.

What? Why would you not want an optional service to play old games?

If Sony and MS would include backwardscompatibility there wouldn't be a need for such a service. Just let us play the games we already own on new consoles (was possible on the PS2/early PS3 and X360 with limitations; even Nintendo does it to a certain extent on their handhelds). But doing that is just not profitable and they rather screw over their customers. That's how I see it.

But what bothers me more is the streaming part. If you want to use that service you'll need a connection with 5-12MB/s. Depending on the country/ISP that could be expensive (you'll maybe even need to upgrade). Plus, you'll be paying regardless if you're actually using/able to use it (e.g. because of internet outage, broken console, etc.). For me there's too much dependency on multiple factors. I'd rather just buy the console and games used. Or, you know....emulators.

5-12 Mbits. That means don't bother if you don't have 20 minimum.

You can't use the service if you have over 150ms+ latency(source, I tried from Australia), I believe that 5-12Mbps requirement includes uploads which is difficult to obtain for cable and ADSL users. (I know 2014 right, gotta get Google fibre. I wish)

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I was so confused by that title for a few seconds.

Pay for a year's worth of sub and you can get a used PS3, and very close to being able to get a new one.

Why would anyone waste money on this?

Plebstation Never.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...