Mechanical keyboard suggestions?

Craftable124

Looking for a new mechanical keyboard. I want MX Blue switches, because I like the tactile feedback, and backlighting that will look ok with my G502, so probably either white or blue.

I don't really care about macro keys but I can't live without numpad.

I like almost everything about the G710+ except the brown switches. I don't mind browns but I really want blues.

Suggestions?

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

K70 RGB In my opinion.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

If you don't need the backlight, DAS Professional S with MX Blues will serve you well. Its a reliable keyboard, and they've been in the keyboard business longer than Corsair has been.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

If you don't need the backlight, DAS Professional S with MX Blues will serve you well. Its a reliable keyboard, and they've been in the keyboard business longer than Corsair has been.

I was considering a DAS, but I like backlighting too much.

You could do the K70 RGB, or, if you don't need a keyboard with backlight, a WASD keyboard would let you do custom keycaps (Instead of ordering/installing them later) and you can make it match your build.

EDIT: sorry did not see the update of you saying you want backlighing.

EDIT 2: You could always do the WASD code :P

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

I would consider the CM storm quickfire tk here: http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-QuickFire-TK-Mechanical/dp/B00A378L4C

it has Cherry MX blue switches, blue backlighting, is compact but has a numberpad that also functions as your arrow keys for when you need those as well. really an awesome piece of kit

edit: a bit of additional info: I use a quickfire rapid with an O-ring mod. no ragrets.

You could do the K70 RGB, or, if you don't need a keyboard with backlight, a WASD keyboard would let you do custom keycaps (Instead of ordering/installing them later) and you can make it match your build.

EDIT: sorry did not see the update of you saying you want backlighing.

EDIT 2: You could always do the WASD code :P

funny, I was looking at the CODE as you posted.

Perhaps this brand needs some attention :D 

http://www.feenixcollection.com/

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

funny, I was looking at the CODE as you posted.

I don't have the CODE but their normal 104-key layout is well built and nice to use.

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

I would consider the CM storm quickfire tk here: http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-QuickFire-TK-Mechanical/dp/B00A378L4C

it has Cherry MX blue switches, blue backlighting, is compact but has a numberpad that also functions as your arrow keys for when you need those as well. really an awesome piece of kit

edit: a bit of additional info: I use a quickfire rapid with an O-ring mod. no ragrets.

Definitely considered, I really like the idea of sticking the arrow keys on the numpad as they're mostly a waste of space.

Definitely considered, I really like the idea of sticking the arrow keys on the numpad as they're mostly a waste of space.

I would honestly consider upgrading to it if I could sell my quickfire rapid just for the tenkey. I love the tenkeyless size but I prefer a tenkey. I don't even use backlighting or look at my keyboard when typing.

I guess my dream keyboard would be that keyboard with blank keycaps and the backlight on just to spite anyone who dares to use my computer.

I would honestly consider upgrading to it if I could sell my quickfire rapid just for the tenkey. I love the tenkeyless size but I prefer a tenkey. I don't even use backlighting or look at my keyboard when typing.

I guess my dream keyboard would be that keyboard with blank keycaps and the backlight on just to spite anyone who dares to use my computer.

I remember seeing translucent keycap sets, where you could choose to have letters printed on side or no letters at all.

I may be biased, but I'd go with a ducky

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

Why blues? Blues, greens and browns all have a tactile bump.

Take a look at the link below. I personally prefer browns.

http://cmu.coolermaster.com/mechanical-switches/

Personal taste I'd imagine.

I'd recommend Ducky or Das, 

I guess you could buy Corsair if you can find the old version, or do some DIY work if you get the crappy tramp stamp.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Personal taste I'd imagine.

I'd recommend Ducky or Das, 

I guess you could buy Corsair if you can find the old version, or do some DIY work if you get the crappy tramp stamp.

K70 is good with or without RGB, I am also pretty sure they fixed the problem with the tramp stamp with both the RGB and non-RGB versions. But, you can still get either logo you want as both options are still available.

Here is the link saying they have fixed it. (Both logos are still available, I think it says that the original logo K70 RGB can be bought at Newegg)

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132520&page=13

K70 is good with or without RGB, I am also pretty sure they fixed the problem with the tramp stamp with both the RGB and non-RGB versions. But, you can still get either logo you want as both options are still available.

Here is the link saying they have fixed it. (Both logos are still available, I think it says that the original logo K70 RGB can be bought at Newegg)

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132520&page=13

Looks like the typical corsair non-committal response. You could be right, I stopped following Corsair after a few bad experiences. 

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Looks like the typical corsair non-committal response. You could be right, I stopped following Corsair after a few bad experiences. 

No, but it seems like Corsair actually listened to their customers though.

I'm OK with greens, but I used browns and they just don't have the same tactile feel as the blues.

I'm not going to lie. I've never used blues...suppose I'll have to test out dat "bump". 

I'm not going to lie. I've never used blues...suppose I'll have to test out dat "bump".

How should I try to explain it. Brown's have sort of a bump, where Blue's snap when they actuate. I don't know.

If you look up how Blue's work, then you probably understand what I am trying to say.