Early Access GPU Benches with AMD and NVIDIA

Here are benchmarks for the most popular "Early Access" games, such as; Assetto Corsa, DayZ, Wreckfest, Project Cars, Star Citizen, and The Talos Principle

9horh2.png

vnh7j4.png

2ed9nux.png

33cwspg.png

348t0js.png

sbjwd2.png

4q32i9.png

2mceq85.png

wjettx.png

jtup2v.png

2nty4g2.png

20pvrmd.png

Since Early Access via Steam is possible to appear every month with numerous games on this model. The titles are sometimes more, sometimes less completed, some can unite considerable numbers of users in coming. And, although, on average, only a quarter of the title really is ever finished. But what is it like running games in the early stage of development at all on current systems with graphics cards from AMD and Nvidia?

Source: http://www.computerbase.de/2014-12/early-access-spiele-benchmarks-test/

Translated Source

Pretty nice arrangement of benchmarks. I know Early Access games are getting more popular and some people want to know how their systems will handle them. Some people even build systems for these games, hoping that they will be finished. This provides nice groundwork to give you an idea of how GPU's are handling these games. 

MFW my card is better in DayZ than a 970

Bloody+hell+that+is+so+annoying+its+like

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

this seems to say that Nvidia cards work better with games that aren't particularly optimised yet or have specific drivers et for the different cards.

DayZ is a unoptimized, embarrassing pile of crap. 

Yeah, I sorta figured when all of a sudden 2560x1600 meant total AMD domination... I would have accepted an interwoven result (Nvidia, AMD, Nvidia, AMD, ...), but that was just BS.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

So what I'm seeing from these graphs is that most of these games are heavily unoptimized for AMD GPU's... I mean really, 770's and 680's beating out 290x's? That should not happen under any circumstance if the game is made properly.

But these games are unfinished, so these graphs are meaningless when considering how the final product may perform.

Also, why are the benches using 1600p monitors? That's not a very common aspect ratio. 16:10 has been pretty much dead for a few years. 1440p or 2160p would have been more realistic for a "higher resolution" bench.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

So what I'm seeing from these graphs is that most of these games are heavily unoptimized for AMD GPU's... I mean really, 770's and 680's beating out 290x's? That should not happen under any circumstance if the game is made properly.

But these games are unfinished, so these graphs are meaningless when considering how the final product may perform.

Also, why are the benches using 1600p monitors? That's not a very common aspect ratio. 16:10 has been pretty much dead for a few years. 1440p or 2160p would have been more realistic for a "higher resolution" bench.

16:10 is dead?! No. Anyone who does productivity work prefers them, and then you have people like me who use the monitor for productivity and gaming.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Didn't know Wreckfest and Assetto Corsa were such unoptimized for AMD cards. They're still early access, and both developers of these titles seem to listen fairly well to their community.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

16:10 is dead?! No. Anyone who does productivity work prefers them, and then you have people like me who use the monitor for productivity and gaming.

Certainly, many people prefer them. But how many 16:10 monitors are still in production? In 2008, the monitor industry shifted to 16:9 production heavily for multiple reasons, including to match the current HD Standards, as well as increased production efficiencies. It's more cost effective for panel manufacturers to make 16:9 panels.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Certainly, many people prefer them. But how many 16:10 monitors are still in production? In 2008, the monitor industry shifted to 16:9 production heavily for multiple reasons, including to match the current HD Standards, as well as increased production efficiencies. It's more cost effective for panel manufacturers to make 16:9 panels.

HD standards are above current monitor standards. 16:9 fails to meet any of the specs. 4K is not true UHD either.

Also, no. Asus, Dell, and Acer all still produce 16:10 1200p and 1600p monitors.

HD standards are above current monitor standards. 16:9 fails to meet any of the specs. 4K is not true UHD either.

Also, no. Asus, Dell, and Acer all still produce 16:10 1200p and 1600p monitors.

I have no idea what you mean by "HD standards are above current monitor standards". Could you please clarify that statement?

I also don't know what you mean by "true UHD". UHD is a very specific standard, that means 3840x2160:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_resolution#Resolutions

There's DCI 4K, which is/was the Cinema 4K standard, but that isn't UHD.

EDIT: Certainly, those companies may still make 1200p and 1600p monitors, but how many? Undeniably, 16:9 has taken over the vast majority of monitor purchases.

Therefore, your average consumer will be buying a 16:9 monitor. Benchmarking games in 1600p makes no sense, unless also including 16:9 equivalents like 1440p.

Yeah, unfortunately, 16:10 seems to be a dying aspect ratio.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I have no idea what you mean by "HD standards are above current monitor standards". Could you please clarify that statement?

I also don't know what you mean by "true UHD". UHD is a very specific standard, that means 3840x2160:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_resolution#Resolutions

There's DCI 4K, which is/was the Cinema 4K standard, but that isn't UHD.

EDIT: Certainly, those companies may still make 1200p and 1600p monitors, but how many? Undeniably, 16:9 has taken over the vast majority of monitor purchases.

Therefore, your average consumer will be buying a 16:9 monitor. Benchmarking games in 1600p makes no sense, unless also including 16:9 equivalents like 1440p.

No, ultra HD/UHD is 4096 x 2160 http://www.techradar.com/news/television/ultra-hd-everything-you-need-to-know-about-4k-tv-1048954

No computer monitor adheres to real HD standards. HD is not 1920x1080 either. It's 2048x1080.

This can't be right my R9 290x gets over 40 at 3440x1440. I will double check when I'm at my pc

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

This can't be right my R9 290x gets over 40 at 3440x1440. I will double check when I'm at my pc

Mind you these are reference cards, and the R9 280+ series has thermal throttling problems on reference coolers.

Yeah, unfortunately, 16:10 seems to be a dying aspect ratio.

Unfortunate, as you put, 16:10 is dying, which is a shame. I love using my TV as a second monitor as its 16:10 (1680x1050). 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Not unoptimized.. You even see the same performance degradations in their own titles with Mantle (on DX); http://www.overclock.net/t/1528559/directx-driver-overhead-and-why-mantle-is-a-selling-point-bunch-of-benchmarks/0_100

Mind you these are reference cards, and the R9 280+ series has thermal throttling problems on reference coolers.

Also it is a nvidia game and I have not looked for a build number yet. When I'm home I'll test it out.

Also it is a nvidia game and I have not looked for a build number yet. When I'm home I'll test it out.

You really think studios are purposely sabotaging 30% of their clientele?

Didn't know Wreckfest and Assetto Corsa were such unoptimized for AMD cards. They're still early access, and both developers of these titles seem to listen fairly well to their community.

Its funny because in Assetto corsa i can max the game with 50+ cars on a track with constant 40+fps

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

You really think studios are purposely sabotaging 30% of their clientele?

no but its sponsored by nvidia, generally they help them more and/or they optimism the sponsors cards first.

well tested it on ultra at 3440x1440 and i get around 50 fps. with OUT other cars on the track. so those numbers look wrong, or old build. I use to get 30-40 fps on ultra at 2560x1440.

Its funny because in Assetto corsa i can max the game with 50+ cars on a track with constant 40+fps

Yeah i dunno about these Assetto Corsa numbers.. I got the game literally a few days ago, cranked everything to max at 1080 on my 7870 (OC) and was getting an average of around 35fps. This game is well optimised for both sides, this has got to be an older build or something

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

Cool another benchmark with no driver information given, that is probably running tests on throttling reference AMD R9 290 cards. This is why I stopped caring about any benchmarks. They do not even test the cards people actually can even buy.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Ryse-PC-259308/Specials/Test-Technik-1138543/

^ Real world performance with cards people are actually buying looks like this, and any site benchmarking cards that people aren't even buying or that are even available is a joke. I came from a GTX 770 and I LAUGH every time I see it close to my tri-x in a "benchmark". The cards are not close in performance in anything and the only time they artificially close (for a few weeks, but AMD actually had drivers out before Nvidia on Far Cry 4) is an Nvidia Game Works game which has a closed library. Funny thing about that? My GTX 770 ran Tomb Raider like absolute GARBAGE for WEEKS, because that was an "AMD game", and Nvidia did not have to optimize closed libraries there. Nvidia users were also complaining non stop in the Dragon's Age forums. 

Star Citizen is also going to be an AMD Mantle game...

As others have said the build of the game is not even listed and this performance does not even match what we are seeing. Reminds me of Far Cry 4 when people were claiming my GPU ran at 30-40 FPS and my FPS looked exactly like people with GTX 980's...

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.