what is your biggest peeve or annoyance with some other peoples builds?

rainbrodash666

personaly I hate it above all else when people Xfire or sli two graphics cards that do not have the exact same pcb length and cooler.

AND have a case window so you can readly see it.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

Mine has to be cable management and LED fans (not strips).

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

When people use the stock cpu coolers.

When people dont zip tie cables even if their case can't hide cables behind the motherboard at least zip tie.

also when people take pictures with flash on and it makes it harder to see because of the reflection of the motherboard and dust.

nothing really

a computer is made to compute

i once made a pc with bad cable management and i got spammed by pc elitists

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Best Cable Management EVER!!

post-16787-0-01277400-1371794844.jpg

To the OP above me.  That's fine and dandy, but if you show off your build on a website to showcase your new PC, expect people to mention it.  It's for looks and airflow.  TERRIBLE cable management can increase temps by 10*C.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

When people have a PC to show off... and I don't... at least not yet :D

Too many funky bright colours in one case (sleeving, coolant or LED lighting) ...unless they are tying to do a retro build.  ^_^

clutter and things not matching.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

Bad colour schemes... My build is one of those examples though XD

Show pics please!!!

Bad colour schemes... My build is one of those examples though XD

that is why I put in red plexi glass instead of clear, my current mobo asrock a770de+ is blue pcb, green yellow orange black white and red.

to avoid any confusion, the fx cpu and 990fx mobo are not in it yet but will be in the next week. they are in the mail mobo should get here today and cpu on monday.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

Show pics please!!!

Not with my rig at the moment so I can't BUT I will explain.... Black and yellow PSU, Blue MOBO, Black GPU..... Does not look pretty, But I haven't got a window and the outside is only blue and black so it's ok unless you open it up... Then it's like argggg my EYES!

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Things not matching colour or style wise, things looking crappy (LED fans I'm looking at you), cable management not being attempted, overkill parts (that may be jealousy though)

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Stock cooler really ticks me for some reason.
I know the stock cooler is probably sufficient for the user and have no reason to upgrade it...
but there are so many nice looking and better fan coolers out there, which are cheap!

CPU: Intel 2700k (4.7) MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence (1866) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Storage: 256GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD (Boot), 64GB Crucial M4 (SSD Cache), 1TB WD Black Cavier, 2TB Hitachi, 2.5TB Buffalo Sound Card: Xonar Essence STX Case: Corsair Graphite 600t w/ full acrylic side PSU: Corsair HX750 (individually sleeved) 
Peripherals: Filco Keyboard (Brown) Razer Deathadder, Sennheiser HD595, Zalman ZM-MIC1, Steelseries Qck Mass mousepad.
Pics of my Rig

When people pile on a number of components from a single brand for no other reason than fanboyism I kinda want to beat them with a wiffle ball bat.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Stock cooler really ticks me for some reason.

I know the stock cooler is probably sufficient for the user and have no reason to upgrade it...

but there are so many nice looking and better fan coolers out there, which are cheap!

i totally agree with this, they look rubbish and when you can buy something like this for £16 there is no excuse.

Arctic_Freezer_7_pro_rev2.jpg

When people pile on a number of components from a single brand for no other reason than fanboyism I kinda want to beat them with a wiffle ball bat.

ok i giggled a bit as i now came here from reading your topic on the whole fanboy thing  :)

wrt to what i don't like ... you see dem fans you have there yeah the ones that plugged into a molex connector with no low noise adaptor. the one that's clocking over 3000 rpm. the one you can here as soon as you walk into the room... kill it.

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

While some may source their components from a single brand for fanboy reasons using a single brand may done for looks, typically a brand has a consistent visual style for its components (form and colour) across its product line. The builder may want an integrated visual style.

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.

Color schemes, and ssds and nothing else other than ssds. also when people have stock coolers.

Or if you have all the cables sleeved but one, or any project done except one last piece its like you started the project if it isnt over say $50 you can finish it.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"