How much will a 390x cost?

docterkiwi
Go to solution Solved by RichardsD,

This is a frankly silly post, and of course no one will know.  

Traditionally, the cost is usually around the same as the last gen was on release.. maybe a bit less... maybe a bit more.  

5970: $600

6970: $370

7970: $550

R9 290X: $550

So, it will be around there I am sure

^^this. Also on an un related note if i get a 970 and i run it in sli with a 770 ""will that work edit<<

Steam:Drift and Drift_2 <p>(name is hunter) Lets play:)

1. You cannot SLI a 970 and a 770

2. How the hell would anybody now know how much an R9 390x will be?

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

It hasn't been announced, how the hell would anyone know....

No.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

6.14789% of a kidney

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

^^this. Also on an un related note if i get a 970 and i run it in sli with a 770 ""will that work edit<<

1) we do not know the price of a 390x yet

2) you can not run two different nvidia cards in sli (i think some different amd cards work in crossfire though)

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

1. You cannot SLI a 970 and a 770

2. How the hell would anybody now know how much an R9 390x will be?

maybe iif you know AMD well you would know what their reference price is on release, or could estimate douchbag

Steam:Drift and Drift_2 <p>(name is hunter) Lets play:)

Money.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

6.14789% of a kidney

Do you wanna buy mine??

Shifter  :D

Do you wanna buy mine??

no thanks i have one too many myself

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

This is a frankly silly post, and of course no one will know.  

Traditionally, the cost is usually around the same as the last gen was on release.. maybe a bit less... maybe a bit more.  

5970: $600

6970: $370

7970: $550

R9 290X: $550

So, it will be around there I am sure

However much the 290X costed when it was launched is probably the price.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

maybe iif you know AMD well you would know what their reference price is on release, or could estimate douchbag

@Legion you are needed.

HOW IS ARCHANGEL A "DOUCHEBAG" WHEN NO ONE HAS ACCESS TO THE PRICES ON THESE FORUMS? Its not like we work for AMD or AMD OEMS.

This thread NEEDS to be deleted.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Well, to be honest, it'll cost you.....

1x Brain

2x Legs

5x Fingers

7x Nail clippings

4x Toes and

8x Hairs of the top of your head.

If you can spare those...then you, my friend, can afford a 390x! :P JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Even if it was announced yet, it really depends on the retailers and the price they think they can pull in each region. I've seen R9 290s jump as high as 380€ (450USD more or less), well a hundred euros above a nice gtx970 by Gigabyte or Asus.

That's just to say that even if we did know, and that's quite unlikely, it wouldn't necessarily be a reliable knowledge.

Trying to predict doesn't make much sense either: we don't know enough. And non-reference designs also add an awful lot of uncertainty in the whole matter.

So no way to know or to make assumptions yet.

2 dollah and fiddy cents

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

About tree fiddy

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Money.

Beat me to it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

You sir are the "douchbag" as even in the circumstances that archangel did know the prices I doubt he would have permission to release the pricing.

Steve

Hmm how to cost me? If someone does not make me a gift with this card(390X, model with 8GB HBM VRAM) will just steal it. Accordingly, in the second case could cost me some time on state funding if caught in theft 

No. They are not SLI compatible.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Easy to decipher the cost...here is the formula and answer:  x2+6y=45x3`-3+7p=goat + chicken + hamster (inside the chicken of course)=one tasty meal :P

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."

Hmm how to cost me? If someone does not make me a gift with this card(390X, model with 8GB HBM VRAM) will just steal it. Accordingly, in the second case could cost me some time on state funding if caught in theft.

Woah!

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

I've heard rumors that the die size will be 500mm^ which means that if its 20nm, than holy flapjacks thats going to melt a lot of faces and hold Nvidia hostage, and maybe even cost you your soul.

however, if rumors about AMD's next GPU are false (which they sometimes often are), and its still 28nm with that 500mm^ die size, don't even bother unless its under $500. you would be only looking at a slight bump up from the 290x which is 438mm^ and 28nm.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR