Audio-Technica ath-m40x + modmic or Hyperx Cllouds?

matgame2

You can get used Sony MDR 1R for about $140. 

Edit: Actually Amazon warehouse has them for $125 and free shipping. I would get those for sure. Warehouse deals are pretty much new. 

Okay, let's play along with closed.

Better options imo than the M40:Beyerdynamics DT770, AKG K-171, KRK KNS-6400, Sony MDR 7506

(I don't really like the sound of Audio Technica M-series... or Sennheiser... personal preference)

KRK's make for a really bad monitor, and a lot of people don't like the sound signature at that, no bass...

K171's still not a solid portable headphone...

7506, is based god of all.

DT770M for more better monitoring. 

You can get used Sony MDR 1R for about $140. 

Muh monitor experience tho. 

Oh...er. Idk I don't like any of the options for both "monitors" and mobile lol. 

DT's, M40x, and 7506 tho. 

DT's, M40x, and 7506 tho. 

The DT770 isn't all that neutral and the 7506's coiled cable isn't great for mobility. As for the M40x I just don't like it haha. I also find the small pads to not be that comfortable. Maybe I'm just being too picky haha. Maybe Shure 440 with 840 pads?

Edit: Nvm forgot that had the coilled cable too. 

The DT770 isn't all that neutral and the 7506's coiled cable isn't great for mobility. As for the M40x I just don't like it haha. I also find the small pads to not be that comfortable. Maybe I'm just being too picky haha. Maybe Shure 440 with 840 pads?

Edit: Nvm forgot that had the coilled cable too. 

I used the 7506 on the go for three years, was fine, but I'm taller then most and it wasn't that bad because of it. 

I used the 7506 on the go for three years, was fine, but I'm taller then most and it wasn't that bad because of it. 

That reminds me. The Fedex guy that dropped off my Shure 1540s today was hugeeeee. He was a good foot taller than me and I'm 5'11". I felt like he was going to hit his head on the ceiling lol. 

That reminds me. The Fedex guy that dropped off my Shure 1540s today was hugeeeee. He was a good foot taller than me and I'm 5'11". I felt like he was going to hit his head on the ceiling lol. 

6'6'' myself, domed myself while working on my car the other day, and when I cut my hair to day, I found a three inch cut on the top of my head....

(How do like based 1540's? Took forever for me to like them more then my 7506, same for ShearMe. If you find something wrong with them, try a treble boost eq) 

6'6'' myself, domed myself while working on my car the other day, and when I cut my hair to day, I found a three inch cut on the top of my head....

So you didn't feel the cut? xD

So you didn't feel the cut? xD

Not at all, and its a pretty solid one too, showered shortly after though, so no blood clumping, which would explain that. 

(How do like based 1540's? Took forever for me to like them more then my 7506, same for ShearMe. If you find something wrong with them, try a treble boost eq) 

Be more careful you fool.

Be more careful you fool.

Not my fault the garage door didn't open all the way. 

Not my fault the garage door didn't open all the way. 

Sure it wasn't.

What are you nuts ? Get the M50x's with that modmic.

M50's are too much for my bugget and from what I've heard that quality difference isn't that big a deal for me to get the upgrade.

I'll look at and consider the other options :) 

I own those too, still cost more then the M40x, sounds the same, shitter pads, and no removable cable. Therefore overpriced and irrelevant. MOE would make a really bad monitor. 

I don't know what you are taking about.. Momentum On ears do have a remoavble cable, the ear pads aaare pretty good enough seal IHMO, and they offer a very very warm sound signature. Of course, no one uses Momentum as a monitor headphone!! They aren't advertised as on ear monitors.... so i have no idea how you came up with that. I own a pair of M40s and 50. They sound really really different IHMO in sound. Momentums has a warm warm sound, with clear mids and good enough bass. The m50? Flat. Period.  

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

The m50? Flat. Period.  

My head is flat after I facepalmed with my table, because 2 hands aren't enough.

I don't know what you are taking about.. Momentum On ears do have a remoavble cable, the ear pads aaare pretty good enough seal IHMO, and they offer a very very warm sound signature. Of course, no one uses Momentum as a monitor headphone!! They aren't advertised as on ear monitors.... so i have no idea how you came up with that. I own a pair of M40s and 50. They sound really really different IHMO in sound. Momentums has a warm warm sound, with clear mids and good enough bass. The m50? Flat. Period.  

Wait, are you saying that the M40 and the M50 are very different in sound? Just wondering because some people say that they are very similar in sound quality and it is worth to just the the M40 to save money, some person I saw said that.

Wait, are you saying that the M40 and the M50 are very different in sound? Just wondering because some people say that they are very similar in sound quality and it is worth to just the the M40 to save money, some person I saw said that.

Nope, in that case they sound pretty pretty similar to each other (M50 and M40).

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."