Hollywood - " Google fibre Leads to more piracy"

ahhming

When companies with a clear objective conducts a survey by asking questions in such a manner knowing they will receive a response that will validate a talking point they want to get across...., sounds very impartial and non-bias... right?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Yes, you can log in with the same account on as many as you want Actually you're only allowed to connect a limited amount of devices at one time, but you're also limited on how many simultaneous streams you can have on the same account.

I would need multiple accounts for example: for my brother, my mother, my neighbor, and myself.

Well, there are different packages you can get.

If you only need it for those three people and yourself, there is a package for being able to have 4 simultaneous streams.

BkkMPKP.png

Well, there are different packages you can get.

If you only need it for those three people and yourself, there is a package for being able to have 4 simultaneous streams.

BkkMPKP.png

What streaming service is this?

Potato

What streaming service is this?

It's Netflix.

Yes, you can log in with the same account on as many as you want Actually you're only allowed to connect a limited amount of devices at one time, but you're also limited on how many simultaneous streams you can have on the same account.

I would need multiple accounts for example: for my brother, my mother, my neighbor, and myself.

Actually no you don't. You can upgrade your account to allow more people to stream simultaneously, no need for more accounts. From what you have told me, the top tier plan is fine as you only need 4 streams. Also you shouldn't be sharing your account with your neighbor, just saying.

When religion dies.

it's hard to kill an Idea 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

it's hard to kill an Idea 

Maybe in America, in other countries where the average IQ is above 60 it will happen more naturally.

Maybe in America, in other countries where the average IQ is above 60 it will happen more naturally.

Do you even India ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Do you even India ?

Does India cause other countries to drill shit tons of oil and spew co2 into the air like crazy? Does India have proper education? IS India first world? 

Comparing the US to second/third/fourth world countries is not fair. You need to compare it to other first world countries, and that when you realize that America is sucks.

Does India cause other countries to drill shit tons of oil and spew co2 into the air like crazy? Does India have proper education? IS India first world? 

Comparing the US to second/third/fourth world countries is not fair. You need to compare it to other first world countries, and that when you realize that America is sucks.

we are all Human beings man , i breathe oxygen and you do too, in that context, it's hard to kill an Idea 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

I wouldn't be watching their movies if it wasn't for piracy. I dont have 30$ to spend per movie.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

5) There is 0 money lost because of piracy. Money lost is when you have money, and that money disappears. I don't lose 1 million dollars when I don't win the lottery. There is a difference between "lost" and "not received". Even if we changed the wording from "lost" to "not received" their 2,753 million number still wouldn't be correct because that's just the absolute maximum amount they could potentially earn. The real number would be far lower because a lot of those people would simply not consume the content at all if they couldn't pirate it, for one or another reason such as DRM or them not wanting to spend money on it. Game of Thrones is a good example.

I don't get the argument of "It's not stealing because I wouldn't of watched it anyway". It is still stealing, you are still illegally downloading a paid product for free.

Coconuts Glow!

I don't get the argument of "It's not stealing because I wouldn't of watched it anyway". It is still stealing, you are still illegally downloading a paid product for free.

People who think pirating is stealing are stupid. Nothing is being lost, nothing is being misplaced, nothing is being taken off a shelf.

People who think pirating is stealing are stupid. Nothing is being lost, nothing is being misplaced, nothing is being taken off a shelf.

Ok, I guess I agree. In the traditional sense, pirating is not the same as stealing.

The whole deal with justifiable piracy is a complex subject. In retrospect, I think i may have been a bit too harsh.  

Coconuts Glow!

We seriously need people to ignore these shitty companies because it's this sort of thing that stifles innovation. Said shitty companies having too much influence and having a massive power boner which leads to them ruining shit for everyone.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

in latests netws MPA will now lobby to have the internet turned off as a way of stoping pirates downloading but then after spending 1 billion in bribes to congress they forgot about all the DVD burners out there so they made a project with cops standing outside stores with Food gift cards offering money for dvd burners and copies movies disk. you just need to give you name and address and a sign confession of your crime to get 100$ in food stamps

Wow my bullshit detector went off as soon as I saw the title. Seems like it was correct yet again.

1) It's not Google fiber that would lead to increase in piracy. It's the rise of a better distribution model that Hollywood chooses to ignore. This is like news paper companies whining over news websites stealing their customers. A better system than the one you are using is already in place. Get with the times.

2) One of the first thoughts that came to my mind was "well the people with Google Fiber now has access to more content, so I assume the amount of movies overall will go up. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of pirated movies per 1000 watched didn't change much". Would you know, the survey also showed that 39% would now pay a subscription to for example NetFlix, and another 34% said they would rent movies online. Last time I checked, 39 was a bigger number than 26 so overall shouldn't the number of legal customers increase?

3) Didn't anyone look at the control group? The control group is St. Louis and that shows that MORE people say they pirate because their Internet connection is fast enough. If your control group pirates less than the ones with Google Fiber then how the hell do you come to the conclusion that Google Fiber will increase piracy? How is that even possible?! If my doctor said "patients who take this medicine recovers more quickly than those patients who don't. Therefore we suspect that the medicine makes people more ill" then I'd change doctor.

4) The survey was made on the behalf of Warner Bros and Sony. That's like trusting benchmarks directly from AMD and Nvidia. You can bet that they will not be telling the whole truth, twisting the truth to suit their predetermined conclusion or just flat out lie.

5) There is 0 money lost because of piracy. Money lost is when you have money, and that money disappears. I don't lose 1 million dollars when I don't win the lottery. There is a difference between "lost" and "not received". Even if we changed the wording from "lost" to "not received" their 2,753 million number still wouldn't be correct because that's just the absolute maximum amount they could potentially earn. The real number would be far lower because a lot of those people would simply not consume the content at all if they couldn't pirate it, for one or another reason such as DRM or them not wanting to spend money on it. Game of Thrones is a good example.

I think Hollywood really needs to stop pointing figures at others ( pirates ) and take a good look in the mirror. Charging $17+ to go see a movie is pretty greedy if you ask me, I remember when going to the cinema only cost $5-$7 ( and that is when movies were really good and original ). If Hollywood refuses to actually make good movies now a days instead of making a bunch of remakes or reboots, then I feel they get what they deserve. Greedy never gets anyone anywhere, except with a big old label on your back saying: (ASSHOLE)

If you gave people a reason to stop pirating, I bet the high # of people doing it would go down (That is fact and not rocket science) damn greedy complaining bastards. Get over yourself HOLLYWOOD.

These two posts can't be posted and distributed enough. You both hit the nail directly on the head and hit it in the wood with one swing.

02b4419f5e8c5a153baf4b4f34e6f555ea138a6e

lol indeed... you know i think just in spite of hollywood being assdicks i shall become a pirate again... i got 50meg down speeds so should be fun >:]

Faster internet speeds leads to people downloading more cuz it so easy and fast. NO WAY! Why not take advantage of this and make it easier for people to pay and download your movies just like the music industry has done. Keep putting more content on the internet and take advantage of it. Make it simple to find and cheap enough to steam/download at high quality.

Faster internet speeds leads to people downloading more cuz it so easy and fast. NO WAY! Why not take advantage of this and make it easier for people to pay and download your movies just like the music industry has done. Keep putting more content on the internet and take advantage of it. Make it simple to find and cheap enough to steam/download at high quality.

If only " hollywood" think that way :mellow:

Well then the entertainment industry better step up their game to make up for lost dollars!

They won't. They just don't understand these new technologies and try again and again to kill them. It's happened time and time again, but in the end they were forced to adapt by a federal court and ended up making more money than ever before! Who'da thunk it, that adopting new technologies and not treating your paying customers like thieves would result in more sales and therefore revenue?

They won't. They just don't understand these new technologies and try again and again to kill them. It's happened time and time again, but in the end they were forced to adapt by a federal court and ended up making more money than ever before! Who'da thunk it, that adopting new technologies and not treating your paying customers like thieves would result in more sales and therefore revenue?

*Cough ISPs cough*