Hollywood - " Google fibre Leads to more piracy"

ahhming

*Cough ISPs cough*

ISPs are a problem too, yeah. But they'll be forced to adapt sooner or later. That's what I'm counting on.

I like that they insist that there exist people in the world who are like "Well... I WOULD pirate movies... but I'm paying $100 a month for 1 Mbps downloads so I guess I'll pay for an official download"...

But insist that the 20% of people that said "I wouldn't be pirating except your DRM is better at hurting your customers than it is at stopping piracy" just don't matter.

Oh wait... That feeling is "like" right? The one that makes you want to kill people?

Surveys are bullshit, because sample sizes are never large enough to make a good measure of the population.

It's even worse when it is done by the MPAA or any other group with a clear agenda.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

I agree that piracy would probably be lower if there were better or easier legal ways to obtain the product.

I'm going to play Devil's advocate here. Do all TV shows and movies really have to be inexpensive and available to everyone? Don't get me wrong, I would love that, but they aren't a human right.

Coconuts Glow!

I agree that piracy would probably be lower if there were better or easier legal ways to obtain the product.

I'm going to play Devil's advocate here. Do all TV shows and movies really have to be inexpensive and available to everyone? Don't get me wrong, I would love that, but they aren't a human right.

Yeah they aren't a human right, but when people want something... They want it.

They really shouldn't complain that people are pirating something they aren't even offering to them though. Its like if Pepsi was complaining that people are buying/importing clear cola, when they aren't selling Crystal Pepsi anymore. - I dunno first thing that came to my mind.

Yeah they aren't a human right, but when people want something... They want it.

They really shouldn't complain that people are pirating something they aren't even offering to them though. Its like if Pepsi was complaining that people are buying/importing clear cola, when they aren't selling Crystal Pepsi anymore. - I dunno first thing that came to my mind.

Exactly, I'm not a big fan of piracy, but when there's no legal way to get something, it's kind of dumb to complain about piracy.

Coconuts Glow!