What is something really helpful to you.

ryanwilc
Go to solution Solved by MLG Doge,

Sleep

what is something under $25 that make life easier. Something for cable management, cheap earbuds that sound great, cool gadget that comes in handy, 

WD-40 and Duct tape

7214525854_733237dd83_z.jpg

Also a hammer, for all of those precision adjustments.

clarkson-hammer.gif

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Cable management?

0803_twist_630x420.jpg

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

how do you keep cable on your desk when unpluging from a laptop

I just put something heavy on the cables to stop them falling off.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Gorilla Tape.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Like Aniahilation said, a power bank is a great tech gadget/gift.

Other stuff would be, powered USB hubs, a monitor stand (if yours suck), a decent mouse mat, thumb drives, a basic powerline adapter, a USB optical drive, a standalone microphone that doesn't suck. Headphone replacement ear pads. Phone/tablet case.

Non-tech stuff could be a new wallet (mine is ageing, needs replacement), a comfy pillow, a belt, tie, gloves or scarf.

It's not physical but... Emmet. Emmet made my life so much more convenient.

Cheers,

Linus

My 5 port switch

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Earpods :D

Gorilla Tape.

Ditto

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

WD-40 and Duct tape

7214525854_733237dd83_z.jpg

This is the kind of flowchart I live by.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Cable management stuff, power strips and extension cords. Speaking of which, I think it's time to get a new power strip, since I only have 3 outlets free, 2 when I get my old laptop plugged in. And I need to keep most things on a different strip so I can turn those things off and still have other things going (radio, printer, and maybe a lamp). My speakers make a buzzing sound all the time, and our power goes out somewhat often.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

pillow

>tfw no princessan 

my rig : Intel Xeon 1246-v3 , asus z97 sabertooth mark 1 , 16gb hyperx fury , 1tb wd black , 240gb hyperx 3k ssd , corsair 650w RM psu , hyper 212 evo , gtx 970 ,

and a cat

A large slate roof tile. So if your computer is on a carpeted floor you can instead put it on the slate tile and then the PSU or bottom fans won't be constricted by the carpet.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Multi-bit magnetic screwdriver, pocketknife with other things attached, and a pen.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Of all of the trappings related to my profession in this glorious digital age it is my mouse mat stands apart the most.

It has been with me for a large part of my lifetime. It's in fact now over 16 years old and has seen some of the very best and some of the very worst times of my life. It has supported my head as I have slept on it, it has soaked up spilled food and drink, it has been used to slap people, it has enabled me to win countless games, It has been cried on until there were no more tears left, even screamed into... it has travelled with me across the country and back, it has supported my dreams and it has been there for me as I realised them. Recently it's even being used by my oldest daughter as she sits on my lap and I teach her how to game.

It's an Allsop and it is comprised of rubber and cloth, is around 8mm in height and approximately 8" x 6". It is patterned with raindrops and is green. I bought it for around £5 sometime in the late 90's... since then I've never needed to consider anything else nor do I expect that I ever will.

9Yt3GeS.jpg

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.