Bittorent's offer to Sony: Release "The Interview" safely online with us and make money

the-interview.png

In the days after Sony canceled the theatrical release of the Seth Rogen, James Franco comedy The Interview, the studio has so far failed to make any alternative distribution arrangements, in part because crucial Video On Demand partners are unwilling to assume the risk of a potential new cyberattack. But San Francisco-based BitTorrent, whose Bundle service enables large media file sharing with a paygate that protects and monetizes downloadable content, says it will happily step up if Sony is game.

Source: http://www.fastcompany.com/3040247/bittorrents-offer-to-sony-release-the-interview-safely-online-with-us-to-make-serious-cash

I really want Sony to release this movie. It'd be the best christmas gift, lol...

honestly saw this coming hope it happens if nothing else simply to see the anarchy that ensues

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

If I were Sony I would just have had a theatrical release and been like

-snip

It's pathetic these companies are rolling over at threats.

And yet they think of stuff like google and bittorrent as a bigger threat, and do everything they can to fight it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

And yet they think of stuff like google and bittorrent as a bigger threat, and do everything they can to fight it.

Seriously, this whole thing just sounds rather pathetic. Makes me glad I stopped going to movie theaters and just stream the movies from 3rd party sources.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Seriously, this whole thing just sounds rather pathetic. Makes me glad I stopped going to movie theaters and just stream the movies from 3rd party sources.

Same here. Unless I 100% want to see it in theaters, I don't go to the movies. Maybe if it was something like a Half Life live action movie you know?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I really hope this happens, I wanted to see this movie, no matter how stupid it was lol.

If I were Sony I would just have had a theatrical release and been like

tumblr_m1mo1wzFiu1qbubzqo1_400.gif

It's pathetic these companies are rolling over at threats.

That was pretty much Sony's response if I've read all these articles correctly. They wanted to release it to theaters, but the theaters refused to show it.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

I really hope this happens, I wanted to see this movie, no matter how stupid it was lol.

That was pretty much Sony's response if I've read all these articles correctly. They wanted to release it to theaters, but the theaters refused to show it.

Why did the theaters refuse to show it then? I'm half ignorant on this subject, so forgive me.

Why did the theaters refuse to show it then? I'm half ignorant on this subject, so forgive me.

GOP sent a message out threatening some kind of attack on movie theaters that show the movie the day it was set to release. Movie theaters didn't want that of course and decided to not show it at all.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

hopefully sony does this. it will help legitimise torrents as a method of sharing information. at the moment the web is made up of a network of individual machines when it should start to become closer to one machine we all access.

Because of this: 

We will clearly show it to you at the very time and places “The Interview” be shown, including the premiere, how bitter fate those who seek fun in terror should be doomed to.

Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures Entertainment has made.

The world will be full of fear.

Remember the 11th of September 2001.

We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time.

(If your house is nearby, you’d better leave.)

Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment.

All the world will denounce the SONY.

GOP sent a message out threatening some kind of attack on movie theaters that show the movie the day it was set to release. Movie theaters didn't want that of course and decided to not show it at all.

We will clearly show it to you at the very time and places “The Interview” be shown, including the premiere, how bitter fate those who seek fun in terror should be doomed to.

Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures Entertainment has made.

The world will be full of fear.

Remember the 11th of September 2001.

We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time.

(If your house is nearby, you’d better leave.)

Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment.

All the world will denounce the SONY.

Are you fucking kidding me? 

Have you guys ever stopped to realize that Sony could be using this North Korea threat as a business tactic for profit potential? If a movie is unavailable or hyped up because of real world events people are more likely to want to go see it based on that fact alone.

1.) Death threats

2.) Cancel release of movie

3.) Wait a bit, release movie, everybody buys tickets

4.) ???

5.) Profit

I guarantee this movie will hit theaters soon.

Have you guys ever stopped to realize that Sony could be using this North Korea threat as a business tactic for profit potential? If a movie is unavailable or hyped up because of real world events people are more likely to want to go see it based on that fact alone.

1.) Death threats

4.) ???

5.) Profit

That seems like a tactic that would back fire pretty bad considering Sony is already dealing with issues from email sents by some of their higher ups.

Are you fucking kidding me? 

nope, sony said theaters have the choice to screen it or not. which makes sense for any movie really. a majority, if not all I believe chose not to. then again, do you want your theater and its info to be hacked like sony? if i owned a chain of thousands of theaters, it might not be worth the revenue. Im not sure. 

1.) Death threats

4.) ???

5.) Profit

yeah, sony fucked up all possible deals with future actors for one movie deal. you know bunch of actors got there social security and such leaked right? I would never trust sony again if i was a actor. 

nope, sony said theaters have the choice to screen it or not. which makes sense for any movie really. a majority, if not all I believe chose not to. then again, do you want your theater and its info to be hacked like sony? if i owned a chain of thousands of theaters, it might not be worth the revenue. Im not sure. 

Yeah, but it's a bullshit empty threat. If one of the local street gangs made a thread to come fuck up your theater I could understand taking a step back.

Yeah, but it's a bullshit empty threat. If one of the local street gangs made a thread to come fuck up your theater I could understand taking a step back.

thats what i thought at first to, but Im not sure if they are worried about a physical attack, or something like a hack. like if a theater chain got hacked, and all the employees info got leaked and given away, no one would ever work for them again. or could you imagine if all their customers credit card info was stolen? could take your business under. 

just theories though. have no idea. theaters may of just been pressured by sony behind closed doors

thats what i thought at first to, but Im not sure if they are worried about a physical attack, or something like a hack. like if a theater chain got hacked, and all the employees info got leaked and given away, no one would ever work for them again. or could you imagine if all their customers credit card info was stolen? could take your business under. 

just theories though. have no idea. theaters may of just been pressured by sony behind closed doors

This is why they call it CYBER SECURITY. It's the thing Sony should have had a couple of years ago when SOE got half their credit card information stolen because they admittedly had 0 security.

1.) Death threats

4.) ???

5.) Profit

It sounds all well and good, except up until the point that the US government is getting involved with the terrorist threats.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Going to the movies? No thanks. I have popcorn. I'm fine in the comfort of my own home watching movies on my rift in a VR environment. (:

once it hits bitorrent, this shit will never disappear. whats GOP gonna do, hack into every system that is seeding this video? good luck, theirs way more systems out there and once you get one offline, another ten will spring up. sony, release this shit. through bittorrent, put a little paywall up on it, ill pay maybe 5 bucks or 10 bucks, thats about it though

North Korea life

North korea Is best korea 328e5c 4521494

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I think they should do this, North Korea can't stop it once its started.  I would say Sony should just release the movie for free and let it get shared on tons of websites and torrent sites.  But that would be something I dont think Sony would do, however it would prevent North Korea from even being able to stop it.  The movie would spread like wildfire and North Korea couldn't even stop it if they tried as hard as they possibly could.