Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

My current rig is around 5 years old, and is requiring nearly all of my parts to be upgraded, and soon. This would be a VERY helpful first step in the right direction of upgrading/building a computer, which is exciting for me as I have yet to do anything asides from install a GTX 560 and my hard drive. I've been umm-ing and ah-ing about whether to go for a DDR4 rig upgrade, mainly because of price, and this would really help me to build a killer rig for much less cost.

i will sell that 5820K and build myself a full pc with less expensive cpu, because i dont have any.

First and foremost, thank you Intel and LinusTechTips for the opportunity to win; such a great giveaway.  Currently, I’m doing a lot of multitasking and this includes a fair amount of video encoding for my employer.  My current platform can handle the tasks that I throw at it; however, I would build a new enthusiast-grade platform and watch those encoding times be cut nearly in half!  Sure, my current Haswell-based system is okay, although, an enthusiast-grade platform would be better suited for my workstation.  Lastly, I would give my current machine to my sister who’s in the market for a new computer.  Thank you Intel and LinusTechTips! :)

I would buy an X99 board, get the 5820k on and replace my old Phenom CPU. So with this CPU i can help my room mate with video editing and maybe I start streaming. :)

entered 

Desktop 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6800k @ 4.2GHz Mobo: Asus X99 Strix GPU: 2x Asus Strix 970 RAM: 32GB Corsair vengeance 2400MHz, SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB, 2x Intel 520 256GB HDD: 2TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv atx Tempered Glass Monitor: Asus PG278Q, Asus PB278

Laptop 

Spoiler

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 256GB 8GB RAM

Server 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Xeon E5 2620 v4 Mobo: Asus X99-A RAM: 32GB Corsair vengeance 2400MHz SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) RAID Controller: Adaptec RAID 81605ZQ, HighPoint RocketRAID 2720SGL HDD: 12x WD 4TB Red Case: Norcotek RPC4224

I would give it to my brother as a Christmas present, since he still has an i5-2300 and would love the upgrade.

Well build a fancy X99 system. I am looking for an opportunity to  upgrade my system (or more like ditch it and buy a new one) so this would be sweet.

Thank you for the giveaway!

I've been thinking about building a second rig for the living room (media & games). A second CPU would be a good start.

Ofcourse this one would replace my main rig and not go in the living room, that would be a waste :-).

Second option: Sell my rig to my dad who needs an upgrade, and build myself a new rig witht his CPU.

I would love to get a 5820K, mainly to go into a video editing workstation. have 6 cores would chew through my Premiere Pro workload. Also it might see some gaming use...

I'll build a watercooled Gaming/3d editing machiene around it with another 970 maybe a third (waiting for EKs blocks for the G1). Im going to study engineering or industrial design in about 14 months. i need to be prepared ;)

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

A lovely upgrade to my current pc, willing to get a new motherboard to fit this baby in.
Since getting another monitor, I've become a monster multitasker especially while gaming!

Would love a new processor! Mine is 4 years old and starting to get really slow.

I would upgrade my rig to haswell-e and give my current z87 stuff to my parents who need a new computer

I can afford a mobo but this baby not really... paired up with my savings for a gtx 960 will set my video-making and gaming hobbies for years to come.

Keep up the good job !

I'd love to build a PC without having to pay for all the parts. 

I would probably sell it and buy other computer parts with it, i dont (yet) have a pc (I do have a laptop) witch i just could upgrade. And the 5820 would for what i use it for not be worth it (x99 and ddr4 are very expensive) but the money would be spend in an more bang for buck build (4590k and such). I would use that for gaming , a little photoshopping, university (programming). ...

I'd probably give it away to my friend.. Or sell it to get him a new GPU, Since he's on a GTX 260.. (But don't tell anybody that)

When i get one i am gona immediately start a haswell-e build. I am working in programs like auto desk maya and such programs benefits form more treats and cores.

i'm a massive multitasker so this would make that a lot more doable

I would get rid of my current system and build a monster one

It'd be great to win this CPU. I'd probably pair it with a GTX 970 and use it for gaming.