[PCGamer] The Division: Ubisoft encourages players to sign PC petition – over 50,000 do

Two games at E3 occupied the frustrating position of looking Quite Good, yet only being confirmed for consoles. But where Bungie’s Destiny remains tantalisingly out of reach, Ubisoft’s latest Clancyesque shooter – The Division – has been more vocal in its teasing of a possible PC future. According toDSOGaming, the game’s developers – while taking part in a Machinima livestream – encouraged PC players to “sign petitions, get on the forums and post their requests.”

That petition has already received over 50,000 signatures.

The big question: What are Ubisoft up to? Do they genuinely need an indication of the potential audience for the game, despite the lack of correlation between sales and internet signatures? (No.) Is this just a marketing tactic that simultaneously promotes the game while stymieing potential friction from the lack of an official announcement? (Yes.)

Or maybe we’ve simply reached the next phase of the often twisted relationship between the publisher and our platform. Are we going down a dom/sub route now? Do they just want to see us beg? (Probably.)

If you want to join the growing swell of voices supplicating themselves for Ubisoft’s pleasure, you can sign the petition here. A strong showing of eager potential players will by no means hurt the game’s chances of arriving on the PC. Just don’t feel it’s the only hope for securing a release. I suspect Ubi already have a pretty clear idea of their plans for the game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/17/the-division-ubisoft-encourages-players-to-sign-pc-petition-over-50000-do/

This game looks absolutely stunning. It would be a shame for it not to come to PC. It is said to be DayZ and Ghost Recon combined with a huge map.

Petition is here: https://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-release-tom-clancy-s-the-division-for-pc

Please support!

Thank you for the support!

This needs to happen! Such an interesting game dynamic, I can imagine this would be a hell of a lot of fun! I've never seen game like this and I'm certainly not buying an Xstalks One for this one game. I can see myself playing this like an a Fallout MMO, so amazing!

Gear: Logitech G9X | Steelseries Sensei | Logitech Z623 | Das Keyboard Professional MX Blue | 2X ASUS VH242 23.6" | Samsung Galaxy S4 | Sager NP8230

Main PC: Windows 8.1 | NZXT Tempest EVO | FX 6200 @ Stock | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 12 GB Assorted 1333 MHz | Zalman CNPS9500 | MSI 6850 Hawk @ Stock | Rosewill 600W

Home Server: Windows Server 2012 Datacenter | CM HAF-X | Phenom II 925 @ Stock | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 | 8 GB G.SKILL 1866 MHz | Noctua NH-U12P | MSI 7970 TF Boost @ 1200 MHz | Corsair AX 850

Signed and then i accidentally clicked sign again and i signed something else.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Then there are at least three threads pertaining to this issue. The one I saw had the same link as you.

Yes, I see on the second page there are like 5 of them but none had the link in the OP. They had some link directing them to a Facebook. Anyway, a mod will probably lock this as there have indeed been many topics on this but I felt I should make a thread dedicated to the link I posted.

Yes, I see on the second page there are like 5 of them but none had the link in the OP. They had some link directing them to a Facebook. Anyway, a mod will probably lock this as there have indeed been many topics on this but I felt I should make a thread dedicated to the link I posted.

Absolutely, it looks like it'll be a great game. Great to see that the quota is almost fulfilled.

It really does. I am happy to see Ubisoft even listened to us. I really do feel this petition will make them make this game for PC.

If not,  :angry:

It would be completely ridiculous is they are not going to release it on PC.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

Just wanted to let you guys know that I emailed Massive (The developers of the game) requesting a PC port, and got a response!

It looks fairly cookie cutter for people inquiring about a PC port of The Division.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your email and thank you for your interest in “Tom Clancy’s The Division”!

Even though the only platforms announced so far are XboxOne and PS4, other releases have not be ruled out. The game has just recently been revealed, and there is plenty more to talk about in the months to come.

The requests for a PC version have not gone by unnoticed and as a studio with its roots in the PC community we are humbled and excited by the interest shown!

Best regards

// Martin

Despite the fact that it appears like a form response, it's nice that they DID respond. I wonder if the decision isn't up to the developers at this point? They are perhaps waiting for the "Go Ahead" from the publisher (Ubisoft I believe)?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Its too bad the game's concept and story revolves around such bad political propaganda and brainwashing towards the weak minded console players. The visuals look good but I dont care enough to buy into marketing. They would bring it to PC anyway even if people didn't sign the petition. They already instantly dump out crap DLCs to PC ports asap so something that PC gamers would ACTUALLY want is a no-brainer that they'll add because its guaranteed revenue. Remember that this next (now current) gen is x86 based so they have no bullshit reason not to be able to do so. (cough sony cough)

All it is, is a marketing stunt. They don't need to put in as much money as they 'make' us market it. Why wouldn't they just release it on the PC in the first place, that's what they usually do. Anyways, seems like a good game.

Good Morning...

If it is a marketing strategy, oh well. Planned on buying it for PS4 anyway. If before then, it's announced for PC, I'll get it on either one or both. Coin flip will decide it for me.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Signed the petition! I hope this goes through :D

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

O_o the increase in signatures is insane, I posted a topic about this in the new section and it had 80k now it's gone to 92k already?!

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

You guys do realize this is just a marketing scheme to advertise Ubisoft right?

There are already so many threads about this including my own, I've signed 5 times :wub:

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball