Sony commissions new mascott effect to represent their company

Sammael

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNTwi53PVa0

Did you all read what these cowards did?  Theater chains pulled out, then Sony cancelled the release of the film.  I swear, the most spineless group of weasels in the universe are in the entertainment industry.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sony-cancels-release-interview-758924

Screw them, now we have to have the same sensibility standards of North Korea or some other wack jobs?

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

So... they should have released the movie for... no theatres? Wake up, we're not in the 70s anymore, movies can't turn a profit by being shown in 36 cinemas total like star wars (besides this particular movie is hardly star wars -.-).

I would have preferred them to release it for free as a torrent or something but hey. Still, at this point releasing it as if nothing had happened would probably have done them no good.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So... they should have released the movie for... no theatres? Wake up, we're not in the 70s anymore, movies can't turn a profit by being shown in 36 cinemas total like star wars (besides this particular movie is hardly star wars -.-).

I would have preferred them to release it for free as a torrent or something but hey. Still, at this point releasing it as if nothing had happened would probably have done them no good.

If theaters won't show it, then they should release it online immediately through services like netflix.  If you are going to make nothing at all, or far less, at LEAST don't let these thuggish terrorist tactics achieve their end.

A sort of lay down and die attitude, it's pathetic.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Right, it's not like Sony is not the victim in this or anything....

They were the victim of a security breach, how they respond to that is their choice.  They CHOSE to act like a bunch of frightened cowards, letting the thugs who tried to terrorize their company get exactly what they wanted.  And that's AFTER they ALREADY released damaging materials.

They are not even saving face here, the damage is already done, unless there is material yet to be released that is SOOOOOOOOOO damning that they would do absolutely anything to keep it from getting out.  

If theaters won't show it, then they should release it online immediately through services like netflix.  If you are going to make nothing at all, or far less, at LEAST don't let these thuggish terrorist tactics achieve their end.

A sort of lay down and die attitude, it's pathetic.

It's easy to say that when it's not YOUR money on the line... I'm pretty sure they're doing all they can to save what they can, and I doubt they care what a few people think "honor" would demand they do. Maybe they will release it online eventually, but honestly giving them crap for not doing so seems a bit pretentious to me. Besides it's just a comedy, not a major blockbuster. I'm sure if they could go back and ditch the idea of filming it in exchange for having none of the hacking they'd do so, and they'd be right to.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm sure they'll probably release it digitally at some point -- with all the money they've invested in making it, it'll be released somewhere sometime.

They were the victim of a security breach, how they respond to that is their choice. They CHOSE to act like a bunch of frightened cowards, letting the thugs who tried to terrorize their company get exactly what they wanted. And that's AFTER they ALREADY released damaging materials.

They are not even saving face here, the damage is already done, unless there is material yet to be released that is SOOOOOOOOOO damning that they would do absolutely anything to keep it from getting out.

like peoples private adress, numbers, name, etc etc.

Also if theaters dont want the movie what makes you think Netflix or whatever wants it?

It's easy to say that when it's not YOUR money on the line... I'm pretty sure they're doing all they can to save what they can, and I doubt they care what a few people think "honor" would demand they do. Maybe they will release it online eventually, but honestly giving them crap for not doing so seems a bit pretentious to me. Besides it's just a comedy, not a major blockbuster. I'm sure if they could go back and ditch the idea of filming it in exchange for having none of the hacking they'd do so, and they'd be right to.

It's not about money, it's about principle, which apparently Sony, and some in this thread have ZERO care for.  Oh, foreign dictatorship, you are upset about your characterization in our new movie?  Ok, nevermind, we won't show if after you not only threatened to release damning info but ALREADY DID.  We'll fold like a house of cards.

The fact that so many of you are quietly resigned to their actions does not speak well of your own standards.  

like peoples private adress, numbers, name, etc etc.

Also if theaters dont want the movie what makes you think Netflix or whatever wants it?

Didn't they already release private addresses and social security numbers and job reviews of employees?  What's left?  If no one will take it, they can always release it on torrents.

I wish terrorists did something useful such as threaten to have original Rareware back or for ISPs to get their act together. Nope, babby terrorism over a dumb movie.

Didn't they already release private addresses and social security numbers and job reviews of employees?  What's left?  If no one will take it, they can always release it on torrents.

I don't know what they have taken or what they Claim to have taken.

But There is plenty of things that they could release that Sony see as Vital and would rather not have released to the public, as for what it is, its doesn't mater. and Personally i don't give a damn.

All im going to say is F u North Korea and F u hackers..Nuff said.

Now i want to see the new Sony DSLR Sensors!!

It's not about money, it's about principle, which apparently Sony, and some in this thread have ZERO care for. 

That's the POINT, sony is a business, an industry, nobody in it cares for "standards" (or at least not when they are just a matter of getting the "last word" on a group of criminals) when they are scrambling to save all the money they can from falling down the drain. It's not like they conceded to torturing kids or something. Sony doesn't OWE us anything, if they release something interesting, we'll buy it, end of the story. There's no contract saying sony has to release all movies they make even if they are in a full emergency scenario, nor anything we must pay if they don't. Ultimately releasing the movie at all costs would be childish and pointless, and sony's board knows better.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That's the POINT, sony is a business, an industry, nobody in it cares for "standards" (or at least not when they are just a matter of getting the "last word" on a group of criminals) when they are scrambling to save all the money they can from falling down the drain. It's not like they conceded to torturing kids or something. Sony doesn't OWE us anything, if they release something interesting, we'll buy it, end of the story. There's no contract saying sony has to release all movies they make even if they are in a full emergency scenario, nor anything we must pay if they don't. Ultimately releasing the movie at all costs would be childish and pointless, and sony's board knows better.

That conception of a company, if it's actually believed and held by the owners and ceo's, is the most vile and damning conception of all.  It is soulless and totally amoral, and it does not need to be that way.  Is not that way for all enterprises.

I wanna watch it somehow though. I think they should at least release it in Europe.

Compatible with Windows 95

I'm not surprised theater owners backed out. You're probably going to get 1 day of hype to get all the people who were curious about what was apparently freaking people out but then would have pretty empty screens after that. By all accounts, it was suppose to be a pretty terrible movie even for Seth Rogan. Why lose screens to a dud, when you can just dedicate more screens to the Hobbit and be done with it when Sony said basically that they were going to let theater owners out of their contracts to show the film.

That being said, the theatrical run is the primary source of revenue for a film over it's lifespan. When a movie hits Netflix, how Netflix pays the studio is based on domestic opening weekend numbers.

Thanks for calling me spineless, by the way.

That conception of a company, if it's actually believed and held by the owners and ceo's, is the most vile and damning conception of all.  It is soulless and totally amoral, and it does not need to be that way.  Is not that way for all enterprises.

So now caring for your money when you're loosing tons of it and caring for it won't hurt anyone is "the most vile and damning conception of all" and "It is soulless and totally amoral". Seriously? There are companies that exploit children and treat their workers like crap (I don't know if sony does it or not), but that' is acceptable while not releasing a movie is not? The only reason to release that movie at this point would be to try and get """"revenge"""" on the hackers, and NO company cares (or should care) for that. If an endeavor is not profitable anymore, no matter the reason, a company will just back out and cut the losses, hopefully in respect of human rights (and please don't tell me not releasing the movie is an infringement of human rights). They got to a point where releasing the movie would have caused more damage than the income for it could make up for. So they decided to back out. That's perfectly normal and there is no reason to get upset about it. In their shoes, you would have done the same, I can guarantee that.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*