Rise of the Tomb Raider to be published by Microsoft, Most likely a Xbox Exclusive

XTankSlayerX

Which Lara Croft is your favorite? Post below :3

630x.jpg

^*Click for Source*^

Back at Gamescom 2014, Microsoft confirmed that the next game in the Tomb Raider series, Rise of the Tomb Raider, would be coming to Xbox One and Xbox 360, and that the game would be a timed exclusive on those platforms.

Now, though, it appears that there's more to the deal than meets the eye. Aaron Greenberg, Head of Marketing for Xbox, has sent a couple of tweets this week that suggest that the game is indeed fully exclusive to Xbox platforms. It all comes in the wake of last week's Street Fighter V announcement, when it was confirmed that the game would be exclusive to PlayStation 4. Since then, Microsoft have been dropping hints about a number of projects.

In response to a tweet asking for a new Banjo-Kazooie or Conker game, Phil Spencer replied to state that he's working on "making amends" for Street Fighter V. //// But yesterday, Greenberg stated that absolutely and unequivocally, Microsoft are the company that will be publishing Rise of the Tomb Raider.

bd032aaec1.png72fee6a063.png

Whether or not this means that the game is now fully exclusive to Xbox One and Xbox 360 (and we assume a PC release is on the cards too), we don't know. But it sure looks likely. It would be a pretty convoluted deal for Square Enix to publish a PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 3 version of the game while Microsoft do the honours on other systems. We can pretty much lock this in as an Xbox exclusive, at least until the wind changes direction and everyone decides to backtrack, anyway.

I really do like the idea of Microsoft exclusives, but Xbox exclusives are just mean to PC Gamers. Microsoft dosnt want yo money, apparently.

All we can hope for MS to do is release this on PC As well. Along with the MasterChief Collection and Forza perhaps?

Oh noes! Where's the source you may ask? Click the Lara Croft picture above! :D

Probably timed exclusive.We've covered this story before.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Way to kill the best game series for SLI/CFX users...

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I've always found it incredibly rude that when Microsoft release "Exclusives", they willfully "forget" that there's a huge group of paying customers that would love to play the games they invest in and eventually publish, but have no interest in investing in a console. Why can't they at least make their games "Microsoft Exclusive" or something? That would even give them a new leg up on the growing Apple consumer base if nothing else...

Cheers,

Linus

This is a repost? Oops.

Not really.This is something new although Microsoft announced that Tomb Raider's going to be an Xbox exclusive(probably timed) a long time ago.

uoqfjqgfhxfqbs2pbk4v.jpg

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/196272-next-tomb-raider-game-to-be-xbox-one-exclusive-update-its-a-timed-exclusive-huraay/

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It's a timed exclusive.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I think the purpose of this post was to point of the news that MS are publishing the game themselves meaning the chances of it coming to other platforms are pretty much zero now.

I can't see an MS published game appearing on PS anytime soon now, can you?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I have it on good authority* that the sequel to this game will be titled Dawn of the Tomb Raider.

* = not really

This is so old it was before you moved.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

well, we did know that microsoft said that it was an exclusive but we never knew that they were going to publish it. (at least i never knew)

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Damn. These bozos are ripping the game industry apart. Next thing you'll know every sequel of the game would require a different system and we'll see assassins creed whatever on xbox and the next on ps. Fricking anti consumer BS.Plus screw the people applauding this.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Microsoft treats PC Gamers like absolute fucking filth...they wouldn't even give us the Master Chief collection, a freaking collection of old games, now they buy off developers and IPs and only release them on Xbox...

Why the fuck won't they release them on PC as well? The Xbox One is doing like shit, holding games hostage will not help their financial situation...there's so many damn users of Windows, and they choose to actively fuck them over and neglect them...

Microsoft is a fucking plague.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I've always found it incredibly rude that when Microsoft release "Exclusives", they willfully "forget" that there's a huge group of paying customers that would love to play the games they invest in and eventually publish, but have no interest in investing in a console. Why can't they at least make their games "Microsoft Exclusive" or something? That would even give them a new leg up on the growing Apple consumer base if nothing else...

I loved Halo Combat evolved. I was almost able to get my hands on halo 2 when I heard it was a console exclusive, or was that halo 3? Anyways it put me off the series completely, I don't even want to play it anymore if it has to be like that

Yes...keep it up Microshit, keep treating us like lepers so we can all collectively switch to Linux, and then watch as your PC market crashes, and your console finally dies off because people don't have to pay an extra $100 to build a gaming PC.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm not fully willing to buy into these new rumors either, but I don't think it's impossible. I mean, this is the first new piece of news we've received over the last 4 months, so if Microsoft threw enough money at the Tomb Raider devs after the Street Fighter reveal, it could happen...

Yes...keep it up Microshit, keep treating us like lepers so we can all collectively switch to Linux, and then watch as your PC market crashes, and your console finally dies off because people don't have to pay an extra $100 to build a gaming PC.

I don't think it's the cost of Windows that is keeping the majority of console gamers off PC gaming O_o

they are.. greenberg said its similar to dead rising 3.. which means xbox first and pc second.. ps versions who knows.. but after the sfv announcement i think they wanna make it full exclusive since ps has uncharted and ms doesnt have a good action adventure game

Intel i5 4670K | Asus z97 Deluxe | MSI GTX 1060 (6GB) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance |

120GB Samsung EVO - 480GB OCZ Solid III - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  | Corsair AX760

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | Razer Ouroboros

I'm not fully willing to buy into these new rumors either, but I don't think it's impossible. I mean, this is the first new piece of news we've received over the last 4 months, so if Microsoft threw enough money at the Tomb Raider devs after the Street Fighter reveal, it could happen...

I don't think it's the cost of Windows that is keeping the majority of console gamers off PC gaming O_o

It's both complexity, and the cost of a gaming PC. If you eliminate $100 from the cost of a "low end" gaming pc, that puts it at about the launch price of those consoles, then when you factor in that our games are cheaper, and having a larger library of games to choose from, better performance for that price, etc.

Most console gamers (that I have met) seem to think that you need a $2000 pc to equal the consoles, which is just utterly not true anymore.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Do they not see how cutting off two thirds of your potential customer base is a bad business move? I'm sure it's not as even as that, but you understand my point.

"Exclusive on ... and PC"

=

Not exclusive.

"Timed Exclusive for ..."

=

Not really exclusive, just late.

It's almost like Microsoft wasted it's money just to piss off people and not really force customers to their platform. At leas Sony paid for a "Fuck you, it's never coming to xbox at all!" Exclusive for SFV which again, it's not really "exclusive" since it's comming to PC

-------

Current Rig

-------

Probably timed exclusive.We've covered this story before.

wasn't this confirmed 2/3 months ago? I know there was an Angry Joe video on this a while ago.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

wasn't this confirmed 2/3 months ago? I know there was an Angry Joe video on this a while ago.

We never knew that Microsoft was publishing it themselves.

Where is the same reaction over Street Fighter? 

Goddamn hyprocites, the whole lot of the internet.