Would you pay more for a new PS3 or a new Wii U

Jackgamer91

Between these two consoles, say for brand new, which one would you pay more for? 

Core i7 2700K Oc'ed 4.4 Ghz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SC'ed, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 240 GB Intel 730 SSD and 2 TB 7200 RPM HDD, Zalman Z9 plus case with 7 blue LED fans, Windows 10 Preview 

I wouldn't buy either, since both scream last gen, but the Wii U would likely be worth more.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Wii U, the PS3 doesn't have many reserved titles where as the Wii U has some good games like smash

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Build A Pc instead

Look at his signature and remember, not every game is on PC and not everyone wants PC.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I'd upgrade my CPU. *cough cough* @Jackgamer91 *cough cough*

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Wii u all the way. Smash bros, Mario Kart, Mario Party, And Legend of Zelda.

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

I would be way more careful buying a Wii U and so buying that new is probably a good idea at this point.  As for a PS3 just pick up one used.  There for with all that said I would pay more for a Wii U.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

zelda-wii-u-hi-res-1.jpg

/thread

About as believable as assassins creed prelease shots

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

About as believable as assassins creed prelease shots

http://youtu.be/SECWlFInyFM?t=1m40s

Short of actually having the game released I don't know what more they can do to convince you. Perhaps the fact that none of their recent releases have had the Ubisoft treatment? Maybe that they've already released a couple of games that almost as impressive visually even if not to the same sort of scale. I don't know. I guess if your mind is made up then it's your loss.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

http://youtu.be/SECWlFInyFM?t=1m40s

Short of actually having the game released I don't know what more they can do to convince you. Perhaps the fact that none of their recent releases have had the Ubisoft treatment? Maybe that they've already released a couple of games that almost as impressive visually even if not to the same sort of scale. I don't know. I guess if your mind is made up then it's your loss.

There's a whole slew of posivites and negatives to say about that prerelease stuff, sure it looks alright, but they wouldn't pick a bad part of the game to show off, its also offscreen and on an angle. i don't have a positive or negative outlook on the game, ive just learned not to worry too much about random bullshots of games Zelda U might be good, but it will not look like that screen above, most importantly because the camera doesn't behave like that, and i have serious doubt that the LoD on the grass will be as big as it is in the first video.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

There's a whole slew of posivites and negatives to say about that prerelease stuff, sure it looks alright, but they wouldn't pick a bad part of the game to show off, its also offscreen and on an angle. i don't have a positive or negative outlook on the game, ive just learned not to worry too much about random bullshots of games Zelda U might be good, but it will not look like that screen above, most importantly because the camera doesn't behave like that, and i have serious doubt that the LoD on the grass will be as big as it is in the first video.

1. Yes, of course they wouldn't show a bad part of the game to show off. Obviously. But at the same time they did pick one of the most "boring" parts of a Zelda game. So if anything their careful selection was more about controlling the hype than it was trying to mislead the public.

2. It being offscreen and at an angle. How does that make it less believable? All that did was make it so they sit there and play it while you watched them talk. If anything it made it harder to doctor given that the control inputs actually did map to what was happening on screen. Look closely at what controls are being input on the right stick, moves the camera immediately. Now that's hard to fake. Hard enough that I'm sure they wouldn't bother if they had a game that was within a year of release.

3. Fair enough being skeptical because of BS from the past. We are talking about Nintendo, when's the last time they did anything even remotely Ubisoftian when it came to game promos? Go back and look at the first promo video for a game like Super Mario Galaxy if anything the game looked more impressive once it was done.

4. The camera behaviour. Really? It looks basically identical to what it looked like when you were riding Epona in Twilight Princess. I don't see what's so unbelievable about it. You'd get further trying to argue that it was photo-shopped because you could clearly see the pixels.

4. The camera behaviour. Really? It looks basically identical to what it looked like when you were riding Epona in Twilight Princess. I don't see what's so unbelievable about it. You'd get further trying to argue that it was photo-shopped because you could clearly see the pixels.

Specifically the very long shot from the trailer before this one, the announcement trailer, where the camera is 60ft from link

The part about it being offscreen makes it hard to judge, you can't really see fine detail in it.

Specifically the very long shot from the trailer before this one, the announcement trailer, where the camera is 60ft from link

Not particularly unusual for a game to use more dramatic angles.... Especially when the game is being promoted. Doesn't mean it's a fabrication especially when they come out only a few months later and actually show footage of a dude controlling what looks like the same deal in real time.

The part about it being offscreen makes it hard to judge, you can't really see fine detail in it.

Sure, but we got a lot of that detail in the first one. I don't see any reason to believe that it won't look as good as it did in the first trailer given that it's more about art than tech. I was more interested in them showing the game actually running rather than just a small cutscene. If anything that was more impressive than just giving us another trailer. Short of them having the game on a showroom floor I don't know what else they can do to impress us. It's either a real demo of the game where you can't see the detail or a trailer that's full of dramatic shots where you can see the detail.

Not particularly unusual for a game to use more dramatic angles.... Especially when the game is being promoted. Doesn't mean it's a fabrication especially when they come out only a few months later and actually show footage of a dude controlling what looks like the same deal in real time.

Sure, but we got a lot of that detail in the first one. I don't see any reason to believe that it won't look as good as it did in the first trailer given that it's more about art than tech. I was more interested in them showing the game actually running rather than just a small cutscene. If anything that was more impressive than just giving us another trailer. Short of them having the game on a showroom floor I don't know what else they can do to impress us. It's either a real demo of the game where you can't see the detail or a trailer that's full of dramatic shots where you can see the detail.

Well, i was just explaining what i was refering to, the camera angle wasn't a big part of my argument, just an off hand comment, what i meant is that i don't think the grass, which i think is the most impressive aspect of the first trailer will stretch on as far as it did in that trailer, and that isn't really confirmed or denied by the new video because it just blurred the ground textures, im expecting something closer to the new MGS where stuff is called in much closer to the character and further detail is more sparse.

Well, only reason I would buy a PS3 again is for Uncharted but I feel there might be an UC collection before UC4. Wii U has newer games coming, plus already has some future classics. Star Fox and Zelda coming next year. HYPE!

Id never buy a new ps3 over a new wii u but maybe buy a used one for cheaps

"Journey is worth the price of an entire PS3"

PS3!!!!!!!!

Little big planet.

Bluerays.

Gran Turismo

GTA V

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz