CAPTCHA is dead, meet NO-CAPTCHA by Google

ahhming

Google is unveiling the best answer yet. It's called No-CAPTCHA, a new approach built on a new API, and it's already been adopted by Snapchat, Wordpress and Humble Bundle, among other partners. Instead of asking users to pass a test, Google's new system pre-screens each user's behavior and filters out anyone who's easily identifiable as human. Most users will simply see a check mark — click the box and you've passed the test — while anyone marked as suspicious will be given a more elaborate test.

Recaptcha_anchor_2x.0.gif

Google is experimenting with more mobile-friendly forms of CAPTCHA, like a test that would show you a picture of a cat and asked you to select similar photos from a grid.

cat_captcha.0.png

Source:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/3/7325925/google-is-killing-captcha-as-we-know-it

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.sg/2014/12/are-you-robot-introducing-no-captcha.html

we NEED this for TOR users its hell for them on websites that use cloudflare  (always demands captcha when entering any site)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

death to captchas, but kudos to them for testing my eye sight to the max.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Forum needs this for creating new accounts so that we can reduce the spam accounts. Not sure if possible here but would be useful and not frustrating :)

So it requires your full name and email address?

Fuck that.

where does it says that? no where in the blog says it uses that kind of info

edit: its in the video, didn't see before posting, well i guess it could work by sending false info, also there's a site that provides email addresses for this kind of stuff that expire in 10 minutes, don't remember the name though

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Fuck that.

better then having to try and figure out what the hell that captcha is trying to say, I loath captchas

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Fuck that.

Yeah I don't think that a full name and email address are required for the no-captcha system specifically. It's just an example page for when you sign up for your typical website.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

If you mean the example of a signup page in the video then... yeah that was just an example.

Yeah I don't think that a full name and email address are required for the no-captcha system specifically. It's just an example page for when you sign up for your typical website.

Yeah you're right. I looked at the video and saw that above the reCAPTCHA button and assumed they were the same thing.

It was probably an example of a sign up page using reCAPTCHA.

I wonder how it works. I just tried it several times on HumbleBundle and it still asks me to type in a captcha.

Nah, I love Capatcha. Having to refresh it 600 times to finally get the validation word to appear is part of the fun.

it's about time! i hate captchas.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

I am also curious about this system. How exacly does it determine that the users are human?

I find the behavior pre-screening to be incredibly creepy, but then again, this is Google.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Interesting that Google develops this, but is also developing systems that will allow robots to determine cats from dogs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I am also curious about this system. How exacly does it determine that the users are human?

I find the behavior pre-screening to be incredibly creepy, but then again, this is Google.

Well some captcha systems work by using the "most guessed answer". A computer can actually read modern captcha's easier than a human can.

Like the one on the right:

_61000037_captchacomposite.jpg

Or even worse, this one:

lVIh94s.jpg

So the "correct" answer, is often just the answer that humans guess the most often. No idea how many captcha systems use this method though.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Well some captcha systems work by using the "most guessed answer". A computer can actually read modern captcha's easier than a human can.

Like the one on the right:

htt://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/61000000/jpg/_61000037_captchacomposite.jpg

Or even worse, this one:

htt://i.imgur.com/lVIh94s.jpg

So the "correct" answer, is often just the answer that humans guess the most often. No idea how many captcha systems use this method though.

I remember a website which used to have a bunch of shapes floating around and you used to have to do simple challenges.

Like say an elephant a horse a duck and a cat would he floating around and the question was - Click the largest.

And they worked on mobile.

That was much better then captchs and it probably was very effective since the challenges and shapes were very random.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

So how does it actually work?

From what I have seen with Google's FAQ and the video is that it is a little embedded box that you have to register your site for it and it checks how you interact with the box and uses a risk analysis program to check whether or not you were a bit

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

I found the question CAPTCHA's to be the best and when I mean questions I mean questions related to the site or topic at hand, you have to be knowledgeable about where you are posting/buying and have a brain to answer, not just stupid questions like how many letters are in the alphabet. For LTT you could ask who is Linus's sidekick? or something about the whole LTT group to get an account on this forum, it would keep the average spam bots and clueless trolls out and even some not so smart LTT viewes (fine by me).

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I found the question CAPTCHA's to be the best and when I mean questions I mean questions related to the site or topic at hand, you have to be knowledgeable about where you are posting/buying and have a brain to answer, not just stupid questions like how many letters are in the alphabet. For LTT you could ask who is Linus's sidekick? or something about the whole LTT group to get an account on this forum, it would keep the average spam bots and clueless trolls out and even some not so smart LTT viewes (fine by me).

The problem with this is that casual viewers may only be familiar with Linus and maybe Luke now (since his video presence has been drastically increased). Most of them may not even know who Edzel is, despite him being one of the original 3 LMG members, since he has very seldom been on camera.

This is unfair to the community. We are not some elitist community, nor do we wish to be. Linus has specifically stated multiple times that he wants the forums to be open and welcoming to those who may find themselves here after watching him on YouTube. You shouldn't need to pass a knowledge/lore test to join the forums. If you think that will help, I fear you are mistaken, as it will draw in arrogant users who think they know it all.

The problem with this is that casual viewers may only be familiar with Linus and maybe Luke now (since his video presence has been drastically increased). Most of them may not even know who Edzel is, despite him being one of the original 3 LMG members, since he has very seldom been on camera.

This is unfair to the community. We are not some elitist community, nor do we wish to be. Linus has specifically stated multiple times that he wants the forums to be open and welcoming to those who may find themselves here after watching him on YouTube. You shouldn't need to pass a knowledge/lore test to join the forums. If you think that will help, I fear you are mistaken, as it will draw in arrogant users who think they know it all.

Hence the spam bots, add the question Captcha and spam bots end or are reduced to force humans having to read about the site to enter correct answer and increase LTT hit counts. So where is the problem there? Unless LTT has a vested gain in spam bots.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

thats actually really old :o the whole pic the right pic anyways

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Yeah humble bundle has had this a for a while.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|