Next year's Assassin's Creed will take place in Victorian London

Rock1m1

Cool, so they are already in development of the next game while their current game is trash?

I have no idea why anyone buys any of their crap anymore.

Each game they release spends a total of 3 years in development. Different studios work on different games. 

Re: Feudal Japan setting, it's one of the more requested ones, and seeing as we're already getting a spinoff set in China, a game set in Japan should appear at some point. The story would need to fit within a well-known conflict within the area and time period. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

WHY NOT

IN THE SAMURAI AGE IN JAPAN

THAT SHIT WOULD'VE LOOKED COOL AS FUCK

FUCK YOU UBISOFT

that would be a little different set it in the boshin war  would be cool, or maybe to 50/75 years into the future 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

WHY NOT

IN THE SAMURAI AGE IN JAPAN

THAT SHIT WOULD'VE LOOKED COOL AS FUCK

FUCK YOU UBISOFT

I'm beginning to think they're purposely avoiding feudal Japan just to piss people off.

I'm joking though, but I really wish they would.

Each game they release spends a total of 3 years in development. Different studios work on different games. 

There is absolutely no way Unity was 3 years in development and turned into such shit.

Now that I know that, there's no way in Hell I am ever purchasing a Ubisoft game ever again. 3 YEARS in development and it still doesn't work right?

GG no re.

There is absolutely no way Unity was 3 years in development and turned into such shit.

Now that I know that, there's no way in Hell I am ever purchasing a Ubisoft game ever again. 3 YEARS in development and it still doesn't work right?

GG no re.

People are really underestimating the amount of effort that goes into creating the level of detail Ubisoft achieved with Unity. Not to mention Unity is a testing ground for new features they added in (co-op, blackbox missions, among other things). AC4's central feature (naval combat) was fleshed out after it was introduced in AC3. 

As for its performance on consoles, blame console hardware for that. As for subpar PC ports, that generally gets fixed shortly after launch with a couple of patches. 

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

People are really underestimating the amount of effort that goes into creating the level of detail Ubisoft achieved with Unity. Not to mention Unity is a testing ground for new features they added in (co-op, blackbox missions, among other things). AC4's central feature (naval combat) was fleshed out after it was introduced in AC3.

As for its performance on consoles, blame console hardware for that. As for subpar PC ports, that generally gets fixed shortly after launch with a couple of patches.

They should be spending an equal amount of time in testing the game on various sets of hardware. I don't want most of the development time going towards graphics.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I thought that next years would have been in the mole people city under the earth.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If it's good i'm buying it... I like that cover; it looks colourful.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

If the game isn't broken like Unity, I will consider getting it. Since it's in Britain please have boats.... PLEASE!

Wasn't 2 games enough boats? this isn't Boat Creed, its about assasins, id rather some other new gimmick.

I'll go back to this series when they bring Ezio back. 

#EzioMasterRace

Ezio never really impressed me

Altair>Connor>Ezio

i haven't finished IV because boating around in a giant world bores me.

Bold for emphasis: this is the wrong way to look at these things, It is not the consoles fault developers don't effectively utilize the hardware they are given, its locked hardware, there is no excuse not to optimize for solid performance, instead we get 20FPS, ideally they would have pared the game back in what was bottlenecking the CPU, as in crowd sizes. There is no real argument for wanting 10'000 pop crowds if it brings your game down to 15 FPS, leave it at 5'000 and make it run right.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Actually I think they have two teams and they both work for two years to make one game every year. NOT SURE THOUGH.

Wait a sec: So that means AC: Blackflag ad Unity was developed by different people? Explains the difference in quality and imagination...

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Wait a sec: So that means AC: Blackflag ad Unity was developed by different people? Explains the difference in quality and imagination...

If the Unity team had another 6 months/year they would have made Unity badass I'm betting. The game was released way too early and needed some more lovin' before release.

I'm hoping this next gets pushed back and finished properly because from the screenshots, the atmosphere looks great and is catching my attention over previous Ass Creed games.

lets not forget the images for unity and watchdogs looked impressive, in reality they were no-where near, thinking this looks good based on these screenshots? I'll wait for the release date reviews, no pre-order money from me that's for sure. 

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Unity started development just as Revelations was released. By then, AC3 was 2 years into development, and Black flag was a year into development. It's always been a 3 year development cycle with AC, and Ubisoft has multiple worldwide studios working on the games separately and collaborating where needed. 

right now i'm not the biggest lover of ubisoft

UHUeYWC.gif

Manners Maketh Man

right now i'm not the biggest lover of ubisoft

UHUeYWC.gif

laughed to much at this hahaha

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Game looks good.

Chalk another one added to my torrent list.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

This franchise is done, Ubisoft has watered it down too much. I'd be happy to be proven wrong but we'll see.

Same shit as every year.

Ubisoft's Call of Duty it seems.

144Hz goodness

This franchise is done, Ubisoft has watered it down too much. I'd be happy to be proven wrong but we'll see.

Assassin's Creed will never be done for as long as there are historical settings and large-scale conflicts to explore. Ubisoft hasn't even begun to cover the history in the Eastern part of the world. 

If the Unity team had another 6 months/year they would have made Unity badass I'm betting. The game was released way too early and needed some more lovin' before release.

I'm hoping this next gets pushed back and finished properly because from the screenshots, the atmosphere looks great and is catching my attention over previous Ass Creed games.

Yes, I agree, Unity's developers (Montreal) was most likely (if not obviously) pressured into making schedule... however, they were also the ones working on Watch_Dogs.... it really makes me feel uncomfortable about how much Montreal loves PC.

However, Victory (temporary name?) is developed by the team Quebec, and.... hopefully, they'll be able to pull it off, considering they're using the same engine as Unity (no info about modification), they will be using Unity's bugs and errors as examples, no doubt about that, considering if something plague Unity, most likely it'll swarm Victory, too. So this may be a good thing that Montreal is fixing Unity while Quebec deal with the next game.

No matter how hopeful we may be they won't screw it up... I just hope the people "up there" in Ubisoft think about their failures this year. But either way, if they keep digging next year... obviously the Linus team will have fun with them again.

Assassin's Creed will never be done for as long as there are historical settings and large-scale conflicts to explore. Ubisoft hasn't even begun to cover the history in the Eastern part of the world.

I think that would be true, I very much enjoy the historical settings of each and every single game in the series, their art and history teams very much nail these parts down, just pray for the technical teams.... yes, seriously.

Never played the assassins series but after this screen shot i think i might have to get them all to be ready for this.

Unity started development just as Revelations was released. By then, AC3 was 2 years into development, and Black flag was a year into development. It's always been a 3 year development cycle with AC, and Ubisoft has multiple worldwide studios working on the games separately and collaborating where needed. 

Actually AC Unity was made by the Bortherhood team and had 4 years of development.

I can't wait for the game the settings looks really interesting and with it being the second game on the new engine it should have less bugs than Unity and even those aren't that bad besides the performance.

RTX2070OC 

That's not really worth much to me if the gameplay continues to lack in improvement and innovation. Poor optimisation doesn't help either.