Computer Cases

Good evening everyone,

So I need help deciding on which case to buy for a build I'm doing in a couple months. The requirements I'm looking for is a large window to see the inside of the case, two optical drives and I like the look of front LED fans.

So at first I thought I wanted the Corsair 780T, because it was a nice big case and had all the requirements. But it's just a little too costly for what it offers and just a little big for my desk but still fits. Just crammed. (Which will probably be my end choice, but if there's a similar smaller case that would be perfect) 

Then I found the NZXT H440 which is a really beautiful clean case. But it doesn't have any optical drives nor any front LED fans. But the black and red case looks absolutely beautiful and I'm very tempted. 

So does any body have any suggestions on a case that fits the description I need? And please don't ask as to why I need optical drives and LED fans in the front, it's just a personal choice. But that said, if the case looks beautiful, I'll consider forgetting the front LED fans.  

Any feedback is much appreciated. :)

Price limit: $200 but if it's really worth it, I'll consider :) 

hows the Enthoo luxe (or the pro if its too pricey)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Corsair Air 540, the best case in the world right now ;)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Corsair 760T or 780T, bit pricey as they're around 180 USD but I love them. I also love the colours you can get them in.

Phantom 530!

I like the look of the Phantom 530, especially how the optical drives are hidden until I need to use it but I wish the window was a little larger.

hows the Enthoo luxe (or the pro if its too pricey)

The all over LED fans looks awesome on the case, that's a possibility. 

I'm not a fan of the box shaped cases D: Though I like the open window :)

Corsair 760T or 780T, bit pricey as they're around 180 USD but I love them. I also love the colours you can get them in.

The 780T is a really nice case.. But yeah as I mentioned, it's just a little too big, though may be the case I get unless someone suggest a similar case. 

Budget please?

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

I like the look of the Phantom 530, especially how the optical drives are hidden until I need to use it but I wish the window was a little larger.

Trust me, you don't want a giant window.

Trust me, you don't want a giant window.

this. you want the stuff that's important shown - not your cables, ODDs, PSU and crap like that. NZXT has a great window for the H440. Wish more companies would do stuff like that.

Also, I vote 450D maybe? It looks kinda ugly with ODD bays and all but hey, it'll do.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Enthoo pro

I'd actually recommend this if you are looking for a not too big case but is still somewhat cheaper and managable. I'm actually going to use the Phanteks Enthoo Pro when I make mine soon. 

I'd actually recommend this if you are looking for a not too big case but is still somewhat cheaper and managable. I'm actually going to use the Phanteks Enthoo Pro when I make mine soon. 

In what way is the Enthoo Pro 'not too big...?' It's a full tower that weighs 26 pounds....

it's a great case but it's a floor only case unless you have a huge desk...

$100 for a case is a decent price point and it's wonderful to work inside of but god it's huge. The Primo is even bigger.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

this. you want the stuff that's important shown - not your cables, ODDs, PSU and crap like that. NZXT has a great window for the H440. Wish more companies would do stuff like that.

Also, I vote 450D maybe? It looks kinda ugly with ODD bays and all but hey, it'll do.

I do agree that cases that hide PSU and such are really nice. Which is why the H440 really gets my attention, especially the Black and red one. But the only thing I don't like is it doesn't have an optical drive. I'm not a fan of plugging in an optical drive via USB. I just want it there ready. 450D is also a really nice case, perfect sized window. I wish you could custom order a case haha I wouldn't mind paying the extra money for sure. 

I do agree that cases that hide PSU and such are really nice. Which is why the H440 really gets my attention, especially the Black and red one. But the only thing I don't like is it doesn't have an optical drive. I'm not a fan of plugging in an optical drive via USB. I just want it there ready. 450D is also a really nice case, perfect sized window. I wish you could custom order a case haha I wouldn't mind paying the extra money for sure.

Linus reviewed the case, check out his channel

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

Linus reviewed the case, check out his channel

Yup, it was actually Linus' review on the case that really caught my attention. As well his review on the original case I plan to buy (Corsair 780T) He brings up a lot of good points such as the price of the case for what it offers.

I'm really liking the H440.. It's honestly coming down to H440 vs 780T.. 

760T. GIGANTIC SIDE WINDOW, 3 optical drive mounts, comes with led fans, and costs 189 American dollars

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Id vote for the 780T

Air 540 FTW!!!

or Phantom 530 xD

i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz | Stock Cooler :/ | ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X EXTREME | Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 960 100th ME 2GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Seasonic m12ii evo 750W | Razer Modded Phantom 410

Yup, it was actually Linus' review on the case that really caught my attention. As well his review on the original case I plan to buy (Corsair 780T) He brings up a lot of good points such as the price of the case for what it offers.

I'm really liking the H440.. It's honestly coming down to H440 vs 780T.. 

Depends on your personal taste. Both cases are very good but both are very, very different. The 780T is a full tower that has a lot of room, a lot of features and has nice cooling options while the H440 is a beautiful case. It's a mid tower case so it is smaller but it's built sturdier and is just a beautiful case when you build it especially with internal LED's around the window. The cooling isn't as great as the 780T and of course you won't be able to fit as much in the H440 as you would in the 780T but it is still a great case and you wouldn't be let down with either one. If you really needed the optical drive, then 780T but if you want something beautiful and silent, honestly the USB optical drives aren't that bad with a H440 especially if you're only using them every now and then.

Ft05!

You would have to get slim optical drive tho...

Enthoo luxe

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."