Objects appearing and "snapping" the closer I get in games!

anthonyc813

Hi

I'm getting fed up with this. Its most noticable in all three dragon age games and hard to explain to the IT guys I work with... so here it goes-

When I walk around in games like DA 1 2 3, WoW, and even Skyrim stuff in the background "appears" the closer I get. And things like mountains and forage just snap into high def too! same for grass and bushes.. they just appear when i walk around but the stuff in the back ground is driving me insane. I am spending all kinds of money trying to fix the issue. new GTX 970 Strix didn;t help, i think it made it worse. I used the Nvidia GeForce Exp and optimized the games and use those settings. With my hardware I shouldn't have to play on med-high or a mix of both!!!! I wish I could record or take a few pics of what I mean. just picture Varric is walking around to a cave entrance and the closer he gets the entrance and all some of the rocks around it just go BOOM high resolution and detail! He saw it before from afar but not its in detail. also some grass and a bush popped up from no where too.

what am I doing wrong? what setting needs to be adjusted in pretty much every game I enjoy? what needs to replaced so i don't have a shit fit anymore?

fast spec list-

ASUS 23' 2ms LED 1920x1080

AMD 8320 @ 4.21 no turbo

Sabertooth 990x r2

8GB g.Skill

ASUS 970 STRIX

tons of fans and a H60 on CPU

1TB WD blue HD with all games on it. Maybe green?

OZC Vertex 120 for windows 7 64 bit

Antec 750 gold high current pro full modular with all parts running off the black ports- nothing on the red-

heres what I mean on the PSU;

KIMG0251.jpg

i don't know what else to list that might be a issue. power is set to balance in power settings. all drivers are up to date. I have seen this problem for YEARS especially in all 3 Dragon Age games. V sync on/off, MSAA 2x-8x and off, etc. I am tired of messing with settings. I just wanna play my games and enjoy all visuals without them just popping up or snapping into high detail as I get near them.

So you're basically having things "spawn" in randomly? I'm not 100% sure (so don't just go out and spend money on my comment alone please), but it sounds like a CPU, not GPU issue. Again, I would wait for other, smarter members to comment on the issue too.

Maybe you can take a video of it to make it clearer to us?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you mean directx 11 tesselation?! I don´t know of these games are ment to work without tesselation or if it can be shut down.

Maybe you can take a video of it to make it clearer to us?

OK ill try on my phone.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you mean directx 11 tesselation?! I don´t know of these games are ment to work without tesselation or if it can be shut down.

is that what it is? let me work on what I mean

---------------------------
DirectX Error
DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. The application should destroy and recreate the device. For help debugging the problem, call ID3D10Device::GetDeviceRemovedReason."). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970", Driver: 34475. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers. Also, make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 512MB.
OK   

ok shadowplay didn't go so well...

Are you trying to describe texture pop-in or texture flickering?

pop in. things just appear like rocks on the road as I travel and window frames in Skyhold look shitty until i walk closer to them, then they turn into high detail

pop in. things just appear like rocks on the road as I travel and window frames in Skyhold look shitty until i walk closer to them, then they turn into high detail

Have you tried this. Go into NVIDIA Control Panel, go to "Manage 3D Settings," go to, "Texture Filtering - Quality" change from "Quality" to "High Quality" then hit Apply

Have you tried this. Go into NVIDIA Control Panel, go to "Manage 3D Settings," go to, "Texture Filtering - Quality" change from "Quality" to "High Quality" then hit Apply

ok just did this now gonna run DA:I to see if it helps. honestly I went Nvidia a week ago but still had this problem for years with all AMD cards from 5850- r280X and every card in between

Ok I think I know what the problem is.

The 970 by asus has a default high overclock.

Download Msi Afterburner, "UNDERclock the core clock and the memoryclock 

You can´t do nothing wrong with underclocking, but just don´t play with the core voltage.

ok that helped a little bit. been walking up and down mountains for a few minutes and nothing is making me go ape shit like it was. i am also starting to think that Nvidia control panel was always on my PC since I build it and had all AMD parts for 3 years but some Nvidia icon was always in my control panel when i uninstalled stuff and I never touched it.. could that be it? it was conflicting this whole time?

i still see NPCs just randomly appear in the main hall way when I walk in. is that normal?

I have no issues in DA with my 980's, running Win 8.1.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

ok that helped a little bit. been walking up and down mountains for a few minutes and nothing is making me go ape shit like it was. i am also starting to think that Nvidia control panel was always on my PC since I build it and had all AMD parts for 3 years but some Nvidia icon was always in my control panel when i uninstalled stuff and I never touched it.. could that be it? it was conflicting this whole time?

i still see NPCs just randomly appear in the main hall way when I walk in. is that normal?

Try doing a clean install of the newest NVIDIA drivers but using Display Driver Uninstaller first.

Uninstall your current drivers (make sure you have the newest drivers for your NVIDIA card already downloaded to your computer). Restart. Make sure Windows Update DOES NOT automatically install drivers for you (you can do this by unplugging internet for a moment). Run Display Driver Uninstaller, Select AMD and select "Uninstall Current and Previous Drivers, DO NOT restart computer." Then Select NVIDIA, and select "Uninstall Current and Previous Drivers, restart computer." Install the New Drivers after restarted (the ones you have downloaded already). Restart Computer. Plug in internet again, make sure Windows Update doesn't try to install an older version of the NVIDIA drivers (if you see it appears in Windows Update just hide it). Make sure you dont forget to go back into NVIDIA Control Panel and change Texture Filtering back to High Quality, again

​See if that does anything. Might have some old versions of drivers conflicting somehwere.

ok here is the best I can come up with- bare with me, first time doing this on youtube..

ex1

go 50 seconds in... THIS IS WHAT I MEAN see that treasure chest in the bottom right corner by Josephines desk? at first glance its a chest then it snaps to high detail then again it snaps to ultra high detail! what is that!!!! you can skip the rest of the video its jsut me walking around.

ex2

the people in the hall where my mouse is circling just pop out of no where. does it all the time. same with grass and bushes in the world. the closer i get the most stuff shows up that should be there to begin with

ex3

this is Origins.. look where I am circling. there is nothing there then poof! a giant house!!!! WTF

what am i doing wrong here? is all this normal?

ok on the first video it might be hard to see cause i am mousing over the NPC but if you look closely to the right there is a brown trunk and if I didnt turn the camera away like a moron you would see more clearly... it went from brown trunk to detailed chest to how it should look. driving me nuts.

A quick google search shoes that both Dragon Age Inquisition and Dragon Age Origins suffer from texture pop-in. So it's not you, just the game.

so this is normal? no way to fix and everyone who plays suffers from this?

Just searching around, looks like there are many instances of people noting that it has its fair share of texture pop-in.

yeah but even the first and second one all these years later? i thought it was my computer for so long.... i didnt even need this video card but i though it would fix everything.... god damn it

yeah but even the first and second one all these years later? i thought it was my computer for so long.... i didnt even need this video card but i though it would fix everything.... god damn it

There are people complaining about Texture Pop-in from Dragon Age dating back to 2010, so yes all these years later.

There are people complaining about Texture Pop-in from Dragon Age dating back to 2010, so yes all these years later.

doing it in skyrim too. just tried it. the game detected new card and set everything to ultra. looks nice but shit from afar is popping in and it stutters now... lords of the fallen seemed fine. gonna try some more games..

doing it in skyrim too. just tried it. the game detected new card and set everything to ultra. looks nice but shit from afar is popping in and it stutters now... lords of the fallen seemed fine. gonna try some more games..

Try installing Windows in another partition to see if it's hardware.  Just install Windows, its updates, and Dragon Age.   It could be interesting.