Valve makes a tiny mistake. Fnatic exploits.

KungPaoChino

Question: what is pixelwalking?

From what I see from the video, they're standing on a "ledge", but their model makes it look like they should just fall down. They're then using this to jump on top of the person to look over the wall, allowing full oversight of the map.

Its a problem on the devs on 2 ends. Their collision isn't working properly and their map design isn't making up for that.

Question: what is pixelwalking?

For map fluidity, there are rounded off edges on objects. Some objects may have hidden pixels where a player can stand, although you're not supposed to.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I don't understand why people are cheating and exploting this much in this tournament. For fucks sake Dota 2 TI 4 had about 4 times more money in the line yet no team did anything fishy.

"Tech News" 

The forum does not have a proper section for gaming news and a lot of the people in here are interested in games. Deal with it or go on and nag the mods until they sort it out.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I don't understand why people are cheating and exploting this much in this tournament. For fucks sake Dota 2 TI 4 had about 4 times more money in the line yet no team did anything fishy.

The forum does not have a proper section for gaming news and a lot of the people in here are interested in games. Deal with it or go on and nag the mods until they sort it out.

I think of it as a strategy. The teams have to come up with strategies to beat the other team. Both teams could have used this, but Fnatic found out first. However, I do think this strategy was a little too much and there should be a rematch.

K70 RGB

They aren't really cheating. Yeah they are exploiting the map, but the only thing that can be done is to ban the map until Valve fixes it.

"Tech News" 

I hate to say it, but I actually agree with @StingBull

This is as much news as any Glitch or Buggy game launch that gets news attention all the time. There's a programming glitch in the game. Programming is part of tech. If the forum had a separate gaming news subforum, then this wouldn't be an issue, but it does not, so gaming news basically ends up here. Have you suggested a separate gaming news subforum to the mods?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

They aren't really cheating. Yeah they are exploiting the map, but the only thing that can be done is to ban the map until Valve fixes it.

I suspect this is exactly what will happen, now that the Tournament organizers know about the exploit.

And yes, it is cheating. Cheating isn't just using hacks to aim-bot or see through walls. Especially when the Dreamhack rules explicitly state that pixelwalking is cheating in their official rules.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Any form of bug abuse,glitch,exploit should result in a disqualify in any game comp... These bugs and whatnot arent suposed to be there in the first place so no one should be allowed to use them.

Those who do => DQ simple as that

Let's agree to disagree

also the worst thing is that they kept this under wraps for 2 months and didn't tell value about it at all that blows my mind considering the pros are meant to tell value if there is something wrong with the maps or how they can improve it i already hated fnatic but now i have so much hate form them that i should stop typing before i say something i shouldn't 

For map fluidity, there are rounded off edges on objects. Some objects may have hidden pixels where a player can stand, although you're not supposed to.

That's ridiculous.  Fix the damn map.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Sometimes I think about buying CS:GO when it's on sale and then I watch a live stream or read posts like this and decide I'm better off with my$5.

Too many hackers and too many people who take it way too seriously. I know this was in a tournament, but still.

Things like the BXR in Halo 2 were exploits, but i'm pretty sure were just accepted as part of the game. Sure it's an exploit, that as long as you can execute the glitch fast enough you get a kill that quickly. Sure you also have to be right on them as you have to melee them, but I don't see how this CS:GO glitch is any different.

I have no issue with gaming news being posted in news and reviews from the around the web personally... It'll usually be a case-by-case thing depending on how "techy" the gaming thing is.

I have no issue with gaming news being posted in news and reviews from the around the web personally... It'll usually be a case-by-case thing depending on how "techy" the gaming thing is.

it is about pixels and how coding with game maps function so it is "techy"

and since it is explicitly stated in the rules that pixelwalking isnt allowed i think that team should be disqualified but my friend @Tonylu1595 said that LDLC also used a pixelwalking exploit at another location does anyone know the validity of that

quick update guys the game is getting restarted at 12-3 but considering Fnatic is now making a complaint against LDLC so the final decision is not final

Hopefully they fix it, but no one should fault the player for using the map to their advantage -- that's kind of the point.

No offense but that is absolute bullshit. By that Logic wallhacks should be allowed because they show the player has a superior knowledge on how to download and install cheats. The boost was obviously unintentional; the map makers did not just include a god spot on the map.

On a side note the top teams are commissioned by valve to playtest maps. This includes finding game breaking glitches and such. NiP, iBP, C9 and others have been known in the past to have helped in the fixing of potentially game breaking bugs. The fact Fnatic sat on this for months without telling anyone is flat out shameful on their part. Sorry to be a bit blunt but Fnatic really don't deserve a lot of undeserved sympathy right now.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Boycott Fnatic's teams across all games and their sponsors too!

quick update guys the game is getting restarted at 12-3 but considering Fnatic is now making a complaint against LDLC so the final decision is not final

Lol if this is true and and CSGL adds this again, I can bet on the other team and get even more money :).

K70 RGB