Valve makes a tiny mistake. Fnatic exploits.

KungPaoChino

another update guys this one is official the whole game is getting replayed from start to finish

e1fc905ec6be3e46315493be2a76e754.png

Please guys calm down and watch this vid

i have and if both teams used a variation of the same thing it seems like it should stand as it was or they need to review any match that was played on overpass up until this point

Not really a big deal tbh its very common in esports.... even in league of legends where bugged champions were used..

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

I agree with fnatic , they used that move for their advantage . If LDLC didn't use it is because they didn't have the map knowledge not because they decided it was not ethical . There is a ledge there on which you should be able to stand on "in real life" , and that is well documented in community forums .  I agree that it should be fixed but it shouldn't disqualify fnatic .

In videogames it's perfectly possible to make something you don't want a player to be able to do impossible. In an ideal world, there are no rules here.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I think it sucks that it is replayed from the beginning, apparently, the dreamhack crew are kinda biased on swedish teams. 6 hours before they could say anything about what fnatic did, 30 minutes before ldlc was considered cheaters by DH crew too.

If someone can find the place where LDLC cheated, please link?

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I don't understand why people are cheating and exploting this much in this tournament. For fucks sake Dota 2 TI 4 had about 4 times more money in the line yet no team did anything fishy.

There was a chinese "e-sports news site" of sorts leaking information from one team through a hidden camera, though it ended up hurting a partially chinese team (which had gotten some flak for that afaik) and favored EG. It wasn't any team in particular doing this though.

That said, every time these things happen, it is up to a controversy. Graphically, it looks like a perfectly viable spot to stand on. There is a ledge. Unless you open Hammer and have appropriate knowledge of what is the very technical defition pixelwalking (from the rules it looks like map edges, not object edges), you could very easily believe that the boost is completely legit.

Dota 2 is also a complete bugfest if you end up playing it a lot more, and there is no way someone would know every bug in the game. It has generally also been very much a game where abusing "bugs" has been encouraged. Stacking camps to farm them faster or pulling neutrals were originally very much unintended oversights. There are some bugs that are easy to rule out, but they have been told before the game. For example, at one point Quelling Blade was banned on PL since it allowed illusions to deal a lot more damage to heroes (unintended), or picking VS was banned because Valve's 0% QA meant that every time that damn hero died, the game crashed. For tournaments, every pile of carbage that gets left behind by the developers needs to be solved - and the most important thing with the rulings will be consistency, since the lack of it will hurt your integrity.

Dota 2 scene has had a lot of this. Puck had phase shift on auto cast (when it was available) and it worked in chronosphere; team gets banned for using it to their advantage - professional team uses fissure to redirect creeps into neutral camps, something that was banned in Dota forever but not in Dota 2 - that's alright, a new, cool mechanic has been found! Sad but true, this is a good example of how it exactly shouldn't be. I wouldn't ban Na'Vi for abusing chen + pudge combo to "steal" a lost game at The International, but I was sure as hell laughing at Valve for not having fixed it like how every person with two functioning brain halves were telling them to do a year or so before that happened. It got patched quickly afterwards, before that the devs had deemed it "too hilarious to fix".

The thing is, game developers are not the governors nor the police. They are gods. They have an absolute say and absolute power to make the game work just the way they want it to work.

That's why devs like ArenaNET are a joke. A player shouldn't have to be in a situation where he'd have to guess whether if something he's doing is OK or not. As long as you're not installing aimbots or hacking credit card credidentials and leave what you do inside of the game, you should be OK with it. Exploits and clever usage of game mechanics are exactly the same things from a different point of view. That's why GW2 should've had a system making rollbacks possible to prevent potential bugs from damaging the game's economy, rather than resorting to banning your players and demanding an apology from some of them should they ever want the access to their account back.

And yeah Dreamhack has been pretty bad. In Dota 2, they gave one team no option for rescheduling (play or leave, no reschedules are possible) and afterwards ended up giving a Swedish team a reschedule at a cost of one defloss in a set of 3 matches.

Apparently Fnatic officially forfeited the match.

I also heard something about flusha going on VACation, not from a reliable source though(twitch chat)

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Fnatic just forfeited their match and dreamhack are gonna review their rules until next year.

right call fnatic, don´t take more flak then needed.

no it is not legal

3e8d432ae5403c531069c87513b85215.png

It actually is. Those rules are from Dreamhack summer 2013. Not the current Dreamhack tournament. That screenshot has been sent around and people have been assuming it applies to all Dreamhack events which it does not.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat