Head Of Xbox Japan Jumps Ship

MEC-777

Imagine if your country had TWO companies that produce perfectly valid alternatives that are in fact superior in many ways; would you buy a foreign product?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Imagine if your country had TWO companies that produce perfectly valid alternatives that are in fact superior in many ways; would you buy a foreign product?

If it performed better? Yup. Xbox struggling has more to do with game titles than the hardware. The Japanese could give a damn about hardware. That is why mobile gaming is so big there.

They could care less about the PC as well, but that might change a little bit now that PC is getting JRPG's all of a sudden. Laptop, tablet gaming might take off, but probably not high end gaming pc's. Look at the top sales list on video games in Japan and outside Nintendo, Pokemon titles in Japan, you will probably not recognize any of them. The only game I would play on that list not from Nintendo exclusives is Dark Souls, MGS, GTA V and most of those games could be played on a tablet or a phone except those last two.

http://kotaku.com/here-are-the-top-games-in-japan-for-2014-so-far-1606457639

The rest of Asia is PC. Doing well with the consoles there is like getting LTT readers to buy one. They are simply too informed.  We might buy Wii U, but the other two? Probably not. MAYBE PS4 when it is a hell of a lot cheaper for blood borne/uncharted and that is only if we can't emulate it. You are never going to get me to pay for playing online when I already pay a cable bill unless the game is an MMO. Add to that if I can buy the game and emulate those two games? I will. Why? Cus I could care less about multiplayer.

They might as well just release them on Steam. Sony could use the money anyways and most PC Gamers I know that bought PS3 did it for JRPG's anyways.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

If it performed better? Yup. Xbox struggling has more to do with game titles than the hardware. The Japanese could give a damn about hardware. That is why mobile gaming is so big there.

They could care less about the PC as well, but that might change a little bit now that PC is getting JRPG's all of a sudden. Laptop, tablet gaming might take off, but probably not high end gaming pc's. Look at the top sales list on video games in Japan and outside Nintendo, Pokemon titles in Japan, you will probably not recognize any of them. The only game I would play on that list not from Nintendo exclusives is Dark Souls, MGS, GTA V and most of those games could be played on a tablet or a phone except those last two.

http://kotaku.com/here-are-the-top-games-in-japan-for-2014-so-far-1606457639

The rest of Asia is PC. Doing well with the consoles there is like getting LTT readers to buy one. They are simply too informed.  We might buy Wii U, but the other two? Probably not. MAYBE PS4 when it is a hell of a lot cheaper for blood borne/uncharted and that is only if we can't emulate it. You are never going to get me to pay for playing online when I already pay a cable bill unless the game is an MMO. Add to that if I can buy the game and emulate those two games? I will. Why? Cus I could care less about multiplayer.

They might as well just release them on Steam. Sony could use the money anyways and most PC Gamers I know that bought PS3 did it for JRPG's anyways.

My point was, if they care about power, there's the ps4 (or better yet a pc, but as you said the japanese don't care for pc much for some reason) and if they want dem exclusives, they have nintendo. Why would they even want an xbox?

By the way I completely agree with the second part.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

sony has a lot of exclusives like JRPGs and there is an sword art online game that japanese people want

Xbox struggling has more to do with game titles than the hardware. The Japanese could give a damn about hardware. That is why mobile gaming is so big there.

Yes! This is exactly it! So many people just don't understand this. They go all off the deep-end attacking both the XB1 (and PS4) because of it's "weak hardware" and then turn around and say the Wii U is a good or even great console. The Wii U has the weakest hardware of them all, but what makes it such an appealing console is the games. The games are fun, unique, interesting and most importantly; exclusive!  ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

When I saw "jumps ship" in the title I thought he moved over to Sony

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

What a lovely contribution to this thread! Really interesting and well thought out I must say.

You butthurt bro?

Superior hardware wins, apparently.

But nobody cares about graphics!

It's all about exclusives!

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

You bring great dishonor to Japan. Face your shame or be banished.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Its not at all surprising considering the titles available in Japan in Japanese. The majority of JRPGs are on pc.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Okay... So let me put my tin foil hat on:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-dominates-ps4-on-black-friday-study-says/1100-6423872/

"Xbox One Dominates PS4 on Black Friday, Study Says"

Proceeds to show a skewed graph... I'm sure this is in light of the sales related events mentioned in the OP.

Microsoft trying to keep marketing hype. No one wants to buy a product no one buys.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Okay... So let me put my tin foil hat on:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-dominates-ps4-on-black-friday-study-says/1100-6423872/

"Xbox One Dominates PS4 on Black Friday, Study Says"

Proceeds to show a skewed graph... I'm sure this is in light of the sales related events mentioned in the OP.

Microsoft trying to keep marketing hype. No one wants to buy a product no one buys.

That's in the US. But yeah, that graph is very skewed. lol.

In Japan, the Xbox One basically doesn't exist - only in stock piles in stores and warehouses. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I'd rather Msoft call it quits in the console market next gen and put all of its attention into what it's known for, the PC market. Not like it's really adding much in the competition sense as things for Nintendo are gouged to hell.

Good :) faith in himanity restored.

On the other end, well written post OP.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE