Sony Pictures has been hacked by #GOP <Update>

TheGuyNL

UPDATE

The attack was assisted by Sony employees say the hackers. They apparently want "Equality"

Source - http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/25/7281097/sony-pictures-hackers-say-they-want-equality-worked-with-staff-to-break-in

/update

So it seems like Sony Pictures was hacked by a group calling themselves #GOP.

This image is being displayed on computers on the network at Sony Pictures:

hacked-by-gop-sony-pictures-under-attack

Workers have been sent home as they cannot work now with the hijacked computers. The files linked in the picture contain a list of documents which have supposedly been compromised by the hackers. Users on reddit have posted that they contain files like this:

list1.txt:oneworld passwords.doclist1.txt:FTP passwords arg.xlslist1.txt:FTP passwords cam.xlslist1.txt:FTP passwords col.xlslist1.txt:FTP passwords phil.xlslist1.txt:FTP passwords malaysia.xlslist1.txt:FTP passwords thailand.xlslist1.txt:FTP passwords indonesia.xlslist1.txt:FTP passwords CTHE Hong Kong.xlslist1.txt:FTP passwords thailand pacific.xlslist1.txt:FTP passwords arg.xlslist1.txt:FTP passwords cam.xlslist1.txt:FTP passwords col.xlslist1.txt:FTP passwords phil.xlslist1.txt:FTP passwords malaysia.xlslist1.txt:FTP passwords thailand.xlslist1.txt:FTP passwords indonesia.xlslist1.txt:FTP passwords CTHE Hong Kong.xlslist1.txt:FTP passwords thailand pacific.xlslist1.txt:passwords.doclist1.txt:Jana's passwords.xlslist1.txt:Jana's passwords.xlslist1.txt:All NT passwords.xlslist1.txt:All NT passwords.xlslist1.txt:All NT passwords.xlslist1.txt:Bills passwords.doclist1.txt:Logins -passwords.xlsxlist1.txt:Publication usernames and passwords.xlslist1.txt:IDs and passwords.doclist2.txt:Password History - past 11 passwords.txtlist2.txt:passwords.ziplist2.txt:passwords.ziplist2.txt:passwords .txtlist2.txt:Extranet Oracle & SQL passwords 4.3.06.txtlist2.txt:passwords.rtflist2.txt:%home%rmalikian%td_passwords

Another user posted this:

Grepping for passport also reveals copy of full IDs are in there. Just to show some examples:list1.txt:Diaz, Cameron - Passport.pdflist1.txt:Angelina Jolie passport.pdfValuable financial information:list1.txt:2013-2014-2015 SPE Media Budgets.xlsxlist1.txt:FY 2015 BUDGET Presentation_v12 - FINAL.xlsMail boxes:list2.txt:Deals.pstlist2.txt:backup.pst (tons of those)And very ironic:list1.txt:INSURANCE for security breaches.doclist2.txt:Security Breach Course Of Action.v1.txt 

Looks like a serious breach to me, what do you guys think?

Source - http://www.business2community.com/tech-gadgets/sony-pictures-hacked-gop-mean-01077919

// TODO: Update signature to include PC buid.

@connorpiper

They store passwords on a notepad?

Also, why would they go after Sony Pictures?

Why not something bigger within the Sony family like Sony life insurance in Japan?

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Yeah! read about this one earlier, it's a fixable threat i believe ,nothing too major..

Details separate people.

What do they want?? free sony vegas product keys, cameras ???

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

2spooky4me

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

@connorpiper

Not that I want to go victim blaming here and probably it's just a notepad file for the table dump from the sql databases but if it turns out it was just text files.....jikes

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm wondering: why Sony Pictures? What has Sony done wrong now? Or are they just targeted for no apparent reason?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Good.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

The last one is hilarious: 

list2.txt:Security Breach Course Of Action.v1.txt

I think they need a v2 now. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Why? A company being hacked isn't good

Whilst them being hacked is not good, it probably makes them realize they need to fix some things there. If hackers can pull this off then there is something seriously wrong with the system you are running. 

I'm wondering: why Sony Pictures? What has Sony done wrong now? Or are they just targeted for no apparent reason?

Probably they just happened to get the opportunity so they took it, Sony Pictures probably wasn't picked as a target but came out as an easy one to break into.

The last one is hilarious:

I think they need a v2 now. :D

Hahaha

But what do they demand?

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Hack ubisoft next please.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

@connorpiper

Why not something bigger within the Sony family like Sony life insurance in Japan?

Because people are assholes. At least anonymous took down the Westboro Baptist church Twitter account. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Yes, hack a multinational company and then try to engage in blackmail. 

Do you want FBI and CIA delivered freedom? Cause thats how you get FBI and CIA delivered freedom. 

@connorpiper

I've never even heard of Sony Pictures, don't see why they would be going after them

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I knew Sara Palin would be back...

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

I've never even heard of Sony Pictures, don't see why they would be going after them

Here are some examples of past movies by them.

post-11076-0-25386100-1416928625_thumb.j

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I wonder what their demands are. Hmm. Maybe they just want Sony products and are too lazy to buy them. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Cameron Diaz passport?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III